Takara Mercenary Soundblaster?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Fenrys, Oct 7, 2020.

1. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well that sucks. Those are hard to come by right, or do places like BBTS get them?

Edit: Also wanted to say I'm curious to see what packaging TT uses for Soundblaster since he's slightly modified from the Hasbro version and iirc they never got any of the 35th Anniversary Siege releases.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

Haha, you can tell that after a few years of toeing the “brand unification” line, Takara is itching to do its own tweaked decos again...

• Like Like x 6
  3. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    Unfortunately I'm not sure. Usually US-based retailers would carry them, but I don't know if they still bother now that it's just rereleased Hasbro stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. optimall

optimall Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Damingtoys has them pretty cheap and in stock.
    Im in Australia and I got mine in just under 2 weeks.
    Very pleased with them.

$69.00 US

Drone

Screenshot_20201008-155551_Chrome.jpg 20201008_155813.jpg

5. Fishsticks

Fishsticks Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    all that extra stuff isn't anywhere near worth $70 aud, that's quite overpriced (for the americans it's 30 for a deluxe normally and this store's charging 70 more for the rest of this set)

6. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    They went to the trouble of changing the paint but still left done [email protected] damage paint on?

If so, another easy pass.  I\'ll stick with my TT FOC version, which is marvelous.

7. Rated X

Rated X Banned

The mercenary faction sign is so stupid it should be scrapped.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Sweet. The show made him his own character and Takara's running with it. Can't wait for this to appear.

Also, a box with this with some new cassettes, and maybe Impactor should've been the "spoiler box".

I assume this is potentially unfair given whenever they have to lock in the toys during production. But nothing suggests they thought the line through besides better battle damage. They HAD to have known about Soundblaster's role and seeing Soundwave 2.0 as a merc would've been a nice sting.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eh, outside of selects, this is only the 2nd figure that Takara has released in a different deco from the Hasbro release, and they're also apparently getting the Hasbro Nemesis Prime too, so I wouldn't say they're "itching to to their own tweaked decos again" and moreso saw an opportunity to release a version of the figure more accurate to the show since they skipped the first release of the figure

• Like Like x 2
  10. Subdurmal

Subdurmal Well-Known Member

What's with all the negative buzz? Oh nevermind I saw it.

11. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Be back 4/17/2022

News Credits:
    I really love him! I\'m in.

12. JockerStudio

JockerStudio Mr.JK

Maybe they will use the original box, but remove the 35th logo?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chromecannon

Chromecannon Well-Known Member

I'm keen on this. I wanted the Siege version to build up my Mercenary ranks a bit, but the Decepticon logo made me kinda hold off, hoping they'd do one like this.

So I have Doubledealer, Exhaust and Nightbird (it's from a trading card, but whatever, she looks good with them) and Bug Bite on the way, so I'll grab Soundblaster when he comes out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't like the Mercenary Logo much either to be honest. The sort of characters that should be wearing it are the ones that are not - like Doubldealer.

I am really not best impressed that Hasbro & Takara failed (again) to use the opportunity to give us a Siege Buzzsaw. As even if they decided to release one later - they'd more than likely use the new Condor head mould.

If Laserbeak is his partner on the show - then what is Actual Soundwave using ? And if he isn't they Buzzsaw as his partner makes a lot more sense. I'm not adverse to another Cassette 4 pack though perhaps Buzzsaw, Enemy, & so on there is enough to do another set even just Decepticon ones. I hope that at least more releases of the mould will mean new options for Cassette accessories and filler kits etc..

I most definatly do not need a new Ravage though 2 that barely differ renders that rather pointless when they could be doing blue versions or even Glit - I be happy to have Shattered Glass Earthrise Soundwave and Glit as partners. But perhaps they are holding off on such things until they make a Blaster mould. But if they don't do that they'd be wasting people's time again like they did with that Bumblebee Movie Titans Returns Soundwave - with remoulded parts - that could easily have been used for a Soundblaster toy too.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Death Dancaa

Death Dancaa Rocknrollicon

I finally bit the bullet and bought the American release earlier this year. And of course they announce this. Meanwhile I\'m still waiting for reprolabels to do merc logos.

• Like Like x 1
  16. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Hehehe... ;) 
    Sneaky Takaratomy
    But it's about damn time to do their own releases once more for anything new in 2021...

17. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    So should we expect this in a Takara Tomy-only line or as a Generations Selects entry?

I never got the 35th anniversary one, but I'm not in a position to spend money frivolously. Plus, I wasn't expecting the Netflix cartoon to make Soundblaster his own character, so major props to that.

18. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

I wonder if the new deco might allow Hasbro to sidestep the 35A exclusivity arrangement with WalMart and allow them to off this figure. This doesn't feel like the other Siege TT releases like the Rainmakers or Skywarp that are straight imports. This feels more like the Volcanicus and Abominus redecos, which Pulse offered too.

19. Requiem Prime

Requiem Prime Well-Known Member

Speaking on mercenaries as a faction. I don't feel they're a collective group, but it's become shorthand for clearly saying "I'm not with your stupid war, but for the right price they'll do you a solid". What bugs me is they only tap former and potential Cons. Surely there are some grey area Bots that'd fit that mold.

20. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

Ebay:
    devcon

maybe some of those euro G2 guys. i'm not as familiar with their bios so i'm guessing

i know you're talking about 'would be/could be' autobots but i'm really hoping we get a lockdown. he's long overdue for a generations figure

• Like Like x 1