Takara Masterpiece Zoids and future releases

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Rodimus Mike, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Hey guys, I recently discovered that Takara is expanding their Masterpiece line to other genre's such as Zoids with 2 already released with Shield Liger and Saber Tiger,so do you think Takara has plans to release more than those?.I sure as hell hope so as I managed to get about 3 Zoids some years back of that giant Dinosaur,a Gorilla type,and one of those Pegasus horses.I always thought those things were awesome and still have them to this day.

Admittedly Zoids and Transformers (especially CHUG type) figures are about as different as you can get,but with Zoids now part of the MP Line do you think those and TF's could be combined into a new line?.And also come out with more figures like the ones I mentioned,I really think they should and who knows maybe one day they could do a crossover line and the whole works.

2. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have no idea! I want to see what other MP zoids TT will release before committing further but there's been no news.

However, there was a 'teaser' by TakaraTomy. The picture shows a Shield Liger and a soldier...not too sure what to make of it.

In case, you didn't notice I'm a big zoids fans (hint: user name) and back in the day, I had a lot of zoids! :) 

I hope we will see a 'resurgence' like we did in the '90s' where Tomy not only reissued the older zoids but gave us new ones too!

3. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's MP only in name. It's ultimately still a zoid model kit.

I was initially keen in it, but after realising that it required significant assembly, my interest waned. For the price it's going for, I expected a finished product, but Takara was clearly aiming for nostalgic value.

4. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    I wished TakaraTomy just give us articulated Zoids.

I don't mind if we have to assemble them but just make them articulated - so I put them in various posing. Example, the Ligers in a crouching pose etc.

5. Robert Snoke

Robert Snoke Gundam Astraea hangar

wait, its a model kit using the MP title? that's like making Gundam Real Grades using the Robot Damashii title, you still have to build them, not a full on action figure.

6. MechaFanboy

MechaFanboy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A more apt comparison would be the gundam hi-resolution model; u have a completed inner frame but u still have to assemble the body armor. In the case of MP zoids, you have a core engine and u assembly parts around the core engine/motor block.

7. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

I thought assembling Zoids yourself was one of the major features/reasons they existed.

8. Robert Snoke

Robert Snoke Gundam Astraea hangar

makes me wonder how this will compare to the Kotobukiya HMM versions.

9. dragontron88

dragontron88 Your new Lord, & Master

Only interested if we get a MP Battlesaurus

10. LigerPrime

News Credits:
    Yeah that was the whole fun of the line...I got a kick as a kid to see them walking after assembling them. :) 

You mean in comparison with TakaraTomy's MP zoids? If so the difference is in the motorized action that TakaraTomy zoids have.

I think a good balance to have the articulation of the HMM zoids but with the sturdiness and size of the original zoids...I will go nuts...