Takara Masterpiece Fans Choice Winner is STAR SABER!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. backlash3906

backlash3906 Throttlebot

News Credits:
    "My victory is divinely sanctioned. I hold your Masterpieces in the palm of my hand, fellow Autobots, and before I squeeze, I offer up one last shining truth:

PRIMUS HATES YOU." - Star Saber

2. Ejector369

Ejector369 Well-Known Member

I'm betting the winner will either Star Saber or Armada Optimus Prime.

I'd be shock if a different Cybertron Leader won.

3. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Cybertron and Rid Prime were already super freking awesome toys that bordered on being masterpieces themselves, I feel they don't need the mp treatment.

Armada and Energon Prime......ew gross just no.

The Beastie trio, I kind wanna see one of them win just to see if Takara sculpts in detailed fur or uses actual rooted fur

Ginrai would make the most sense marketing wise, he has Stateside recognition as Powermaster Optimus nd gives Takara an excuse to make an MP Godbomber later on.

Fort Max.. ......I wann see if they keep him to scale to everything else or not.

I really want either Star Saber or Dai Atlas to win though, those two are in desperate need of a modern toy and since the two were so huge originlly they'll fit in just fine on a classics shelf

4. TJDetweiler13

TJDetweiler13 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Star Saber FTW

5. DarkPrinceofKaon

DarkPrinceofKaon Formaly known as D'POK

Ebay:
    And the winner is......................STAR SABRE.

Well, not yet officially. But considering this figures' popularity with the Japanese audience, the results of the pole are obvious.

6. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    While I love my RID Optimus Prime, I would still like to see what they could do with the design utilizing the attention to detail given to the Masterpiece figures. That said, I'll be surprised if Star Saber doesn't win out.

7. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    1. He was a great character - he was as noble and selfless as Optimus Prime (and looked up to him quite a bit). He wasn't as mentally screwed up as Headmasters Rodimus, or as insecure as US Rodimus. While he strives for peace, he isn't afraid to unleash the whoopass when needed.

2. Saber blade. Sword-wielding robots > any other robot. He took on combiners by himself, and frequently won.

3. He was a great toy, even by G1-brickyness standards. With a separate brainmaster, jet, and V-Star, it could all add up to one seriously cool Masterpiece toy. Combined with the potential of combining with a future Victory Leo, it would peg the needle on the badass meter.

4. I would love to see the trend of MP toys for Autobot leaders from all of the different eras. I think we're done with Rodimus and OP for now, let's get Star Saber and SuperGodWhateverPower Ginrai done. I have zero objection to getting MP toys from other continuities, but since Takara is very G1-oriented, let's get them done.

That isn't to say that the other candidates aren't worthy of an MP toy, since plenty of them were also good characters and/or good toys, but Star Saber is an icon of Transformers history just as much as a leader from any other continuity is. And in my opinion, he had much better fiction than a lot of the other candidates.

Let's also remember that the success of the line is *not* guaranteed from this point on, it's not like Takara is exactly free to just do whatever MP they want. They're supporting a line that is not as popular in Japan as it is in the rest of the world, they compete heavily with a lot of other more popular robot/mech lines, and giving Japanese fans what they want in a successful way paves the way for riskier releases down the road.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  8. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Long ago with Gundam I learned....never place the choice in the hands of a Japanese Audience. That may offend people, but for anyone who knows Gundam, they opened up a similiar poll.....and we got MG "The O" outta that deal....

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    He's mentioned often in Japanese developer interviews they have been working on plans for a Starsaber for a while the items that have been in the works back to that period included Soundwave and Rhinox so now those two are done Star Saber is at the front of the Takara to do list it seems.

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    Star saber deserves and will win

he is the second most popular cybertron commander behind convoy, and since the masterpiece market is made solely for the japanese fans, its the smartest decision. and besides, a mp star saber would be AMAZING

takara has on on record saying they really want to do a new star saber, but no indication that anything has been in development

11. GunplaGamer

GunplaGamer Swerve’s Best Customer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Well we are the "secondary market" for Gunpla Models and Takara Tomy Masterpiece transformers. Plus The O is an awesome kit. :]

I never got a Star Saber when I was younger and now he has gotten way to expensive to get MISB. This would be perfect for me :) 

12. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I wanna star convoy!! :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry 
    But seriously as long as its a nice one I look forward to seeing it!

13. puma

puma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This.

14. RickyLeeSTF

RickyLeeSTF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do content, story, humor and suspense fit into a toy mold being made?

A bad ass transforming Masterpiece robot toy made by Takara of Japan should be something from their long toy history in the Diaclone/Microman/Transformers lines and not something Hasbro sloppily designed in the 90's and 2000's.

15. Mechamits

Mechamits Twin Turbo Power

I would've liked Fire Convoy but it's already a decent figure and Star Saber was a bit blocky except for the more poseable RobotMasters version. I wonder if Hasbro will end up releasing it--doubt there's any copyright restrictions to hold it up like Sideswipe and the triplets and I'm pretty sure they held on to the Star Saber name.

16. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The three I wanted the most were Star Saber, Fort Max (scale be damned), and Armada Optimus.

17. ATLMYK

ATLMYK Well-Known Member

Because Star Saber is amazing. Take all of the fun of PM Prime, double it and you would have Star Saber. Triple it and you would have Victory Saber!

If my house was on fire and I only had time to grab one piece from my collection it would be Victory Saber.

18. Strohmanaut5000

Strohmanaut5000 let the beat.....ZAAARAK

yea lets get masterpieces of lines that we'll never see other characters from. if the fans choice was what line do you want us to masterpiece, then id understand. i dont want some random character that wil end up needing its own ikea shelf. WHY DO WE NOT HAVE AN UPDATED MEGATRON? MP-05 is a giant crap stick.

19. DarkPrinceofKaon

DarkPrinceofKaon Formaly known as D'POK

Ebay:
    I was a pretty big Gundam fan for a time (One Year War Sagas) and I do remember that pole...the results were horrible. Yes, I do agree with you on this, BUT we U.S. and U.K fans have no say in this so its a bit of a moot point. The pole in question is a fans choice of Takara/Tomy- so its for the Japanese audience only.

We have had many fan based poles just hear on these boards under the masterpiece speculation thread and I can guarantee that most of those poles results would not resemble the results of our fans in the East.

20. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell, I'd be happy just to get updated Thundercracker and Skywarp figures. The new MP seeker mold is ready to go. Where are they at?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.