Takara Legends LG-32 Galvatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Murasame, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Takara Legends LG-23 Galvatron

I made a new thread, because I could not find a proper review thread, only these two:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...rs-legends-lg-23-galvatron-tr-comparison.html
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/1073545-titans-return-voyager-galvatron.html

There is probably not much new to say, but I'll give my review anyway:

Galvatron looks and feels awesome.

In bright light he really looks a bit pale and he looks a lot brighter than his minions and a lot brighter than the Challenge at Cybertron Galvatron. I would have preferred either that hue of purple or if he was this bright, that he was a blue-ish hue.

I still love how he looks! I mean I decided purposely for him, after seeing both versions. Also he is a lot taller than expected. He is on par with MP Hot Rod. Maaaaaybeeeee I will use MP-28 as a Rodimus Prime stand-in then... stylistically it might look out of place and MP Tracks might feel alone without Hot Rod.

At first I was in awe when I saw him in cannon mode and I was happy, because I had to transform him, before putting him on the shelf (Ultra Magnus and Springer for example were never transformed to this day, not that I don't want, never came around to do it somehow...). Probably not a surprise, but you can transform him intuitively, never looked into the instructions. Nice feeling, like in the G1 days.

A real surprise though was, that he felt really light for his size. If I had to guess... maybe half the weight of the Classics Optimus mold. Maybe even lighter.

Another surprise was: I could not get his Headmaster to slot in. Turns out, the socket was smashed in or not placed properly inside the opening. So I had to unscrew the top shoulder screws to get the facemask and head socket out of his torso, repair it, put it back and sew my patient up again. That did not feel so good, especially when I slipped the screwdriver, but nothing scratched.

Paintjob is awesome, nice paint apps. Figure is sturdy, although it has thin plastic, everything locks into place with nice, loud clicks and it has a good balance.

Everything else can be read from the Titans Returns review thread, I guess. So I brought you some quick comparison pics with other figures instead!

Hope I could bring something new or interesting to the table.

Overall I love the figure. If I had more space, I would get the TR version as well, because I love both hues of purple. But I just prefer this one more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    He scaled perfectly to mp Rodimus. I love it!!

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He really does, huh. Makes me want an MP Rdimus almost.

The headmaster on this guy is excellent. Such nice paint.

4. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Just got this figure Monday. The color is quite striking in-hand. It seems almost too bright, but it's such a rich color that you can overlook the starkness.
    The added paint apps are nice, especially on the Headmaster. Almost makes up for the goalie mask.
    The color of the cannon is slightly different than the Hasbro version in that it's less transparent, which kind of adds to the overall brightness.
    All in all, it's a worthy addition.

5. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    i scrolled down too fast and thought you'd attached the old deluxe's legs to the voyager somehow lol

6. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

7. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl Koruption_Kosplay

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Well if you're ever on the fence I recommend him. He's great! Transformation and articulation are excellent. Comes with the fishing rod! Can't go wrong. Im just happy there's a galvatron that scales well to a good hot rod.

8. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I also love Hot Rod. When I took him for the pictures I was just reminded how awesome he was. I actually felt the urge to play with Galvatron and Rodimus. Didn't do it, no time, had to do some other things. But I never had a real urge to play like a kid since I collected. Maybe some wooosh woooosh with the seekers or some posing. Rodimus looks great in both modes and has the best posability of any figure I know. Although I only have 3 MPs. Tracks, Grimlock and Hot Rod.

For Galvatron I kind of would like to see an upgrade kit. I just ordered the metallic grey cannon adapter off shapeways by fakebusker83. I could see an upgrade kit include this, a head replacement or helmet (maybe both so people have choices) and maybe some kind of add-on for his shoulders, he is missing the grey things sticking out his shoulders. But I would also want to retain his shoulder pads. They look good. I could also see a gun barrel replacement, a bit sleeker. Not necessarily. And hand swivels would be nice. A replacement head with light piping would be really nice. As I noticed how cool Cyclonus looks with his red eyes while the sweeps and Galvatron look dead next to him.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Got my order from BBTS with this guy in it.

I actually had the TR version in hand prior and for all the people who prefer the darker purple, I am not one of them, in hand I just didn't like it; had it been the same color Hasbro used for TF: Prime Shockwave, then I probably would've gone Hasbro. But the many, many added details combined with some other factors made me spring for the Takara version.

I love it. In hand there were even details that I never saw before, such as the touch of red on the shoulder pads and the gray at the waist for the "belt" to better emulate the G1 design above the others that I did notice. I really like the transformation to "Space cannon" mode, it's like Hardhead in that G1 but new scheme that's fast, intuitive, and effective.

Okay, on to the big factor, the lavender. As I suspected, it's the same color as Henkei Cyclonus, so I did know what I was getting into and frankly, I don't mind the color on Cyclonus either. It's kind of neat to have options for which Cyclonus I want to display him with depending on how matched I want to get. In total honesty, I just didn't like the purple Hasbro used, I think it's far too red and overall murky dark for what I want. While the lavender isn't perfect, it does look nice and even shows off the details in the mold without having line paneling or anything else. It also offsets him against his peers.

And for the second largest factor the faceplate. Another factor was that I figured if I didn't like the faceplate gimmick, the Headmaster being fully painted would be good enough. Against all expectations, I have completely gotten used to the faceplate and don't mind or even notice it as an issue anymore.

One minor QC issue on mine; the cannon fits a bit loosely into the socket for cannon mode and his right arm socket. The left arm port, however, is perfectly tight. Go figure. EDIT: I decided to try putting just a bit of clear nail polish in the two loose ports and wait. Now both are super tight. I was just expecting it to tighten up a bit, but now they actually require a bit of force to get out.

Overall, I had a pretty idea of what I was getting, it met and exceeded those expectations. I'm very happy with this guy and think he was worth it.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  10. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it is too pale

• Like Like x 1
  11. TyrantGalvatron

TyrantGalvatron Hasbro is NOT your enemy.

News Credits:
    I know that Takara likes to mimic the cartoon most of the time but, like henkei Cyclonus this shade of purple looks nothing like the G1 cartoon.

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure using a cartoon that couldn't be consistent with his color or where and how the cannon attaches is a great guideline to be honest. Even the Galvatron in your signature is closer to the Legends then to Hasbro's Titan Master's dark grape. It's been a while since I saw Headmasters, but I recall him being pale a lot in that series as opposed to any darker color or even approaching the color from the film. (Yes, I'd prefer a pale blue over the "lavender" we got, but honestly, I like it.)