Takara Legends Brainstorm, Swerve and Tailgate

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by wildfly, Sep 3, 2014.

1. wildfly

wildfly Formerly the next big thing.

News Credits:
    Due in January.

Courtesy of Kapow Toy's Facebook page.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Brainstorm and Swerve look identical. Tailgate is... missing paint. Hmmm.

So it looks like Arcana has a ball-jointed neck, which then becomes Brainstorm's ball-jointed neck.

3. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT

News Credits:
    Pretty sure these are Hasbro placeholder pics.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    They're not, as Tailgate is different from Hasbro. (he lacks the blue flames) They might be Hasbro samples, but Brainstorm actually does look darker. (his grey is darker in comparrison to his other colours) They're not any official Hasbro pics.

5. Sepultron

Sepultron .

Still no sign of Generations Skids for the Legends line. Very disappointing.

6. Sammael

News Credits:
    Yeah, Skids and Scoop are the ones I'm really looking forward to.

7. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    They are definitely dragging their feet on these releases. Since Henkei and United I really don't care for the scattered and haphazard way they have released Classics figures.

I have been waiting to see what they do with Skids, Scoop, Jhiaxus, Skullgrin, Black Shadow, G2 Dreadwing, Arcee, Chromia, and leader Megatron. And to see what they are doing for the Combiner Wars. But news is very slow as is the release schedule.

8. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    While that's true, the images state that they're not the final TakaraTomy versions but the foreign (Hasbro) ones pictured.

So they just removed the flames on Tailgate for these images off of the Hasbro one. The finals will look different.

Randy

9. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    I can see Takara doing Arcee and Chromia, but I think Windblade is up in the air.

10. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did Windblade. Japanese motifs are usually very well received in Japan and the fact that she's primarily IDW is probably not as big an obstacle as most people assume. Drift, Trailbreaker, Hoist, Whirl and Deluxe Megatron were all changed to become more IDW accurate then Hasbro.

11. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I like how they didn't even bother curling under the arms in Brainstorm's alt mode. It's like "Yeah, these are arms".

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully we get to see actual pics soon then. I guess preorders will go up around the same time Star Saber & Exhaust go up?

With Scoop, all they can do accuracy-wise is added paint-aps on the feet to reflect the original toy's foot sticker (given the molded detail is there to reference it) and change the head and bucket scoop thing in alt mode to yellow, right?

Not necessarily small things, but not wholesale changes. I'm hoping Skids is a darker blue though; also hoping they fix the hip/leg issue (or whatever it was) on the assembly of theirs, whenever they get around to it.

13. Sammael

News Credits:
    I hope Scoop will have actual paint on him, the plastic color used by Hasbro is nasty and cheap-looking.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well Tailgate is more accurate without the flames but I always thought the flames really popped on the figure, adding some much needed flare from the otherwise white and blue deco scheme.

Well at least their getting a Takara release.

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Being a minicon collector, I'm more curious how, if at all, the little targetmaster partners will differ from the Hasbro versions. That will determine whether I import these as well or skip them (already own the Hasbro versions).

I do find it amusing the two Lost Lighters are paired together...in Japan.

16. Digilaut

Digilaut I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!

News Credits:
    Funny. Didn't like the 'Prime' flames on Tailgate at first, as I feel it doesn't fit the IDW character, nor is it a homage to his G1 toy - and yet, now I see the Takara one which lacks them, and he just looks really bland.

Makes the Hasbro version looks more appealing in comparison. I'll pretend he had the flames added after defeating Tyrest. Matches the bravado he seems to have picked up. :p 

17. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

Hopefully it doesn't detract from the civilized conduct of this thread so far when I admit that yes, this seems like it would have been the perfect selection of figures with which to release Skids, what with the obvious MTMTE theme this time around. He was becoming more conspicuous by his absence with each Takara update as it was, and it seems like a flight of fancy that they might add Skids to this group in the interim; they seem to be sticking with releases of three figures, be it two Voyagers and a Deluxe or one Voyager and two Legends, which is interesting to say the least. Still, what we do have here is good to see if nothing else, for those who wanted to see something such as Tailgate without flames. Well, there we have it! ;) 

18. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

That's a good point, if I may be prone to assurances. After all, one need look no further than these three figures under discussion to see references to MTMTE in the character selection. This tends to imply some interest/cooperation/support from Takara regarding the comics, which hopefully goes further. They may have indeed collaborated with Hasbro on the comic pack in characters as it was.

To brace at least myself, while remaining a bit optimistic, I'd say a longer shot from Takara would be to get a Nightbeat from those guys - perhaps with the fuller yellow chest - since going by their Goshuta/Goshooter, they are at least picking up what Hasbro's putting down with the Headmaster Junior reference.

19. NemiMonkey

NemiMonkey Whippin Dem Fungals

News Credits:
    What no Cosmos awww man. :( 

20. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Still waiting on Skids :( 

I'm happy enough with the Hasbro version of all 3, so no need to pile on these methinks.