Takara Generations Selects God Neptune

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, May 12, 2020.

1. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Never has a screen name been more accurate, right?

• Like Like x 7
  2. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):

People desiring it to have been released as regular Hasbro retail release is fine. Unfortunately, it's not, and is a Takara Exclusive. We are lucky enough, here in the US (North America), that Hasbro Pulse is able to carry these Takara exclusives. Otherwise, we'd be paying a whole lot more. And more people will likely be complaining. And at this point, complaints are moot. Better to just move on and deal with what we have. Maybe you can contact Hasbro or Takara directly, and who knows, they might change their mind.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Wreckage MK4

Wreckage MK4 Banned

This shit has been funny.

• Like Like x 1
  4. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    I mean, good for you, but anyone could make that argument for any character if they wanted. Hell, I'm still waiting for a Joyride and Slapdash to go with TR Getaway.

And that's because Getaway was my first TF as a kid, with the Powermasters as a subline being core to my introduction to Transformers.

Not to mention the special place the Seacons have due to the time I spent tracking the team down as a kid.

But that's *me.*

Oh man having these guys in hand there's no way they survive with anywhere near this level of detail/accessories as retail figures.

Skalor and Nautilator likely don't have tails, and Snaptrap likely has the stock PotP feet with some tiny "cannons" for his back.

That's the *minimum* that gets cut. The retail paint apps likely suuuuuck compared to what we got, too.

• Like Like x 7
  5. moonDUST

moonDUST Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    That's something a lot of people seem to forget. The versions as released now would have never made it exactly like this to retail. Had these been retail releases they would've been stripped. Each figure would probably had one weapon, standard hand/feet, less paint and far less retooling.

• Like Like x 11
  6. AzT

AzT Moderator News Staff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    タカラトミー on Twitter

• Like Like x 1
  7. T-Hybrid

News Credits:
    Honestly that's probably why they were "skipped."

We know Snaptrap at least was planned due to Hungurr's head being edited out of prototype pics, and maybe originally that was going to be it. A bare bones Snaptrap with no one else. Kinda like Scattorshot in CW.

Then Takara went "Hey listen we're gonna do the full team down the road." So Hasbro pulled that version of Snaptrap from the calendar and started working out plans with Takara for how they'd eventually handle the full team later.

(Actually, that's kinda like how Scattorshot played out here, too.)

• Like Like x 3
  8. StapDLambs

StapDLambs Well-Known Member

Just when I thought I was out...

• Like Like x 2
  9. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    This. :p 

• Like Like x 2
  10. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Do you think there's anyone who reads Japanese and is unaware that there's an order cutoff, that they have to order by June 15? The last tweet you posted was just as informative, with a link to the TTMall store and explaining that it's exclusive there.

The behind the scenes stuff for the team was interesting (to various degrees), but now you're just posting ads.

Aww, now I wonder how many people have me on ignore. :( 

• Like Like x 3
  11. analogue

analogue 01110111 01100101 01100010 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I never bother to put anyone on my ignore list, I figure it’s not even worth the effort.

I put a second God Neptune on preorder today. Now to sit back and wait.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  12. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same here. It just seems weak, to be honest. I have no problem just scrolling by if it's someone making speech after speech.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Every time I think I'm going to have to put somebody on ignore, they say something I agree with, and I think well, common ground exists after all.

• Like Like x 5
  14. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Crossdresser Toy Collector

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm sure I'm on a bunch of people's ignore lists!

I certainly agree here. I don't have anyone on my ignore list. I'm emotionally and intellectually stable enough to be able to at least engage my detractors. You have to be literally racist or homophobic towards me in order to land a spot on my ignore list. Not that it matters as I'd just report that shit to the mods anyways!

That being said I think I might skip out on God Neptune, regrettably. As much as I adore it's colors, the Seacons set reminded me how much work and extra parts is needed to get the combined mode stable and...I just don't wanna go through that again.

I'd like to at least get Scylla, if possible. A shame she'll probably never be available as a single! :lol 

• Like Like x 3
  15. analogue

analogue 01110111 01100101 01100010 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It’s usually only a handful of people that post the same rant over and over, so it’s easy to just scroll past when you see their name.

I’m pretty happy this repaint was revealed so fast after the original set. Hoping the have some other good ideas up their sleeves that we’ll see hints for soon.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 17
  17. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    That isn't the best translation.

Deadlock, Go Prime, and Cealogon are all on the Black planet, not purple.
    Straxus activates the virus and orders the Blue Vanguard to kill everyone, including each other.
    Megatron Omega's taunt is that he's leaving the universe and gathering the Star Power, leaving Star Convoy behind with that mess.
    Primus is guiding the sparks to the next universe. (This is really what the entire story has been about; this universe is going to have to die and be reborn anew, but now there are all these elements who are threatening how that next universe could be born, if at all.)
    Primacrons complaint is more that there are more and more creatures using his Angolmois energy, before accusing the Oracle masquerading as Primus of having it's own agenda.

On more minor points:
    Straxus calls him "Megatron Omega", as does everyone else in the comic.
    Star Convoy is called such by Primus and the natives.
    Terrormander's boast to Sentinel Prime is that he's too fast, the Matrix Buster can't hit him.
    Gallant White Convoy is a better translation then Brave White Convoy
    Purple Wicked Convoy is a better translation then Purple Evil Convoy

• Like Like x 5
  18. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Im hoping for an easy slam dunk like Generations Select Takararomy Liokaiser. Seriously. This needs to happen ASAP!

Back on topic: I still think God Neptune's Pirate Seacons have the glossy sheen white plastic as the originals. We need clearer in hand pics from Takara.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    One thing that I'm unsure about is what versions of the figures we've been shown. It's clearly not mock-ups or tests, as both would have overly glossy paint (like we see at Toy fairs from Hasbro or at certain cons from Takara), while pre-production samples don't tend to be as good as Super Megatron and God Neptune have been shown as being. The under four month gap from order to production is so short that I could see if they were farther ahead then normal figures, but I'm still not convinced that they're still not some degree of early production figures.

Then there are a few other oddities, people have posted that having mixed Takara and Hasbro orders that it's not just different the slipcase, but some of the figures themselves are different, nothing overly substantial, but some minor differences with stamping and some other minor sculpt oddities.

I didn't post it, but there was a small note in Figure King that showed off Super Megatron, that they required 1300 pre-orders to make production if I'm not mistaken (I could be, the wording wasn't clear to me which is why I omitted it in my post at the time), which I imagine was their break even point. If I was right, then we know that they haven't done the run until they secure that many orders. I wonder then if they actually do more then one run; one for all the Takara orders, then retool to keep on track for mainline production deadlines, then switch back and finish the Hasbro orders. It would incur an added expense for switching the tooling, but I can't think of any other explanation for why the figures would be different and not just the slipcase and I could see the logistical nightmare of having both international production deadlines that are set and locked and a number of figures that are unknown until a few months prior in making sure the factory runs everything to completion. After all, they won't want to delay getting a mainline wave out just because they got far more Super Megatron or God Neptune orders then they were expecting.

20. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    It's rather absurd, but we often have people who only want to see popular opinions reflected and take offense when they notice there are people who have dissenting views on things and are brave enough to voice those views.
    It's... a strange mindset to visit a public forum with.

• Like Like x 2