Takara Generations Selects God Neptune

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, May 12, 2020.

1. Eman7673

Eman7673 Beastly

Also, if they don't release a Nautilator with an accurate color scheme for this set, I have two Nautilators and one of them will be repainted. Not letting one of my favorite Transformers get shafted again

• Like Like x 1
  2. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    I made a whooping 4 posts about this topic, 3 of which to defend an opinion of mine for some reason because an individual took issue with it.

And again, it has relevance to me, if it doesn’t for you then that's great, have fun with this release. You don’t need to prove me wrong to feel better or anything.

You don’t need to, @Predakwon posted his set a couple of pages back. The difference is noticeable to me. If it isn’t to you, fantastic, but please don’t try to fault me for thinking otherwise. I just do.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  3. Eman7673

Eman7673 Beastly

All I'm trying to say is wait until an actual comparison pic is released with the two side by side, you can't make any valid claims on the deco until it happens. The original is off-white and in my eyes it appears the new one looks almost the same, idk.

• Like Like x 3
  4. pencil

pencil Well-Known Member

Anyone knows that is there going to be a giftset for the original color?

5. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

In this photo comparison, the Generations update actually looks slightly whiter than the original toy.

• Like Like x 2
  6. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    The milky white looks exactly like my OG God Neptune to me. That one's plastic also looked a bit cheap XD
    Sorry to see it differs from what some people were hoping for.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Eman7673

Eman7673 Beastly

Still, it's too hard to spot the real differences unless you have them side by side under the same lighting

8. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Agreed, I can’t make a valid claim at all given the circumstances. It’s just an opinion of mine. It’s also possible that it is less the color choice that sets me off but maybe the fact that said parts aren’t painted but molded in this color. It's really noticeable on Coelagon and Scylla to me - the sculpted detail looks so soft and washed out, I feel like with a coat of milky white paint on a base this wouldn’t have happened.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Takara made all Seacons available bundled, it's not a boxed set though, just all six individual releases listed together.

Takara Tomy Mall Offering All Six Generations Selects Seacons In One Pre-Order - Transformers News - TFW2005

• Like Like x 2
  9. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Just got mine for ¥17,600!

It\'s great they remolded the squid, but I wish they would have included the \"missing member\" as a new character, perhaps in diffuse different colours and as a (possibly unrelated) character...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Am I blind? It looks white to me.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Darkstone

Darkstone Code of Hero

News Credits:
    Yes! But the wrong white! ... :lol 

Maybe I should've just kept my trap shut on this one. But other see it too I guess? I don't know. At the end of the day most people seem happy with this and that's the most important thing.

• Like Like x 2
  12. C16

C16 Space Nomad

The comparison was made to show that neither figure is pure white. Using these two images to prove they're exactly the same color down the RBG obviously is flawed and not why I used them.

You can dislike it as much as you want which is fine, but to cry about it not being white when it's not supposed to be white (your very first complaint), that's why you're wrong. And I don't know how to expect standard definition animation that old to depict the figure's off white color balance accurately.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire ...

News Credits:
    I hate these releases where I can't tell if I like it or not. I had this same feeling walking out of the theater after watching The Last Knight. I love Overbite but I'm not sure about the others. And Nautilator is one of my favorites so with him missing I don't think I need this set.

I might just try to save up the money to buy the TFC Piranacon, at least I know I totally love that set. These figures look like soap to me. But being a sucker for combiners...I just don't know.

Hmm......sold as a set for around $190.00 - $200 through TakaraTomyMall. I'll probably pass. I don't think I like it enough. I could put that money towards a PS5.

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  14. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    YAAAASSSS!!!!

I.... I might order two sets if I can. These look wonderful and I am kind of disappointed that a white Nautilator isn't a thing (takara had no problems making OCs in the past) but I just happen to have an extra with me as I type. I was intending to make him red but whatever. I wonder how I can get a paint close to the milky white, though ......

• Like Like x 1
  15. Everything Man

Everything Man Well-Known Member

I rather wait and pay TFC to recolor their Poseidon than pay over 200 bucks (and even more for you people that will drop money on third party kits to \"fix\" it) for a monkey armed combiner wars combiner.

16. cyberslam

cyberslam Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    "a monkey armed combiner wars combiner" . . . What you talking about?

• Like Like x 2
  17. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I gotta say this looks really cool. I wasn't planning to get this version, but I better watch the BW I I cartoon to see if I want to do an RID Baldigus or not.

18. grindcore138

grindcore138 I'm tryin' to get a Sprite sponsorship

News Credits:
    Wellity, wellity, wellity, looks like I was right about Scylla.
    Terrormander and Ceolagon's beast modes look so good with all that goooold, and God Neptune combined looks sick, I get the issues some have about plastic colour though, it might be accurate to the original toys but it really washes out the details.
    Alas, I had a feeling it would be a giftset, I really would've liked a Scylla :(  (and I'm not in any way prepared to pay the absurd prices aftermarket sellers will inevitably charge for her alone). Maybe if I've got the dolla kicking about after MP Tigatron I can be tempted by the whole set, but for now I'm gonna be skipping God Neptune.

• Like Like x 1
  19. cyberslam

cyberslam Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Where did you get it?

20. Nagatem

Nagatem Sea sea sea sea sea sea sea sea seaconOooo

I\'m assuming this won\'t be on hasbro pulse