Takara Generations Selects God Neptune

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by chchchch, May 12, 2020.

1. Wreckage MK4

Wreckage MK4 Banned

I intend to reprolabel some Con logos over the Predacon logos and these guys will be my G1 Seacons just wearing their “Energon Armor” I’ve got most of the outliers for this Decepticon Crew and literally all I need is the Seacons and I can commit to giving this oddball crew of Cons their own shelf.
    35875F2A-9285-49A6-9571-B0FC3BFA936B.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Hell yes, hopefully this is what it ends up looking like. Personally I hope a Nautillator repaint is part of the set but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't since its not accurate to the source material. I'm in either way.

3. cyberslam

cyberslam Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I missed out on the first guys so I am happy to see this. Though I hope we get a white nautilator. I like lobsters. Also I hope this comes as one big set. That way I don't have to find all the parts.

4. cyberslam

Ebay:
    I too am an essential worker. I work at a liquor store. I have seen an increase in paycheck. It is so busy it is like Christmas but no presents.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    If I'm not mistaken, there wasn't any direct plan for Armada Prime. The signs at the show asked people to let them know if they'd like it, to gauge interest in a potential new release, not something that's definitely coming.

Mostly because they went back and edited Ultra Megatrons comic. In the first released version, the final characters were in silhouette, but were the BWII Seacons, with Scylla being the most recognizable of the bunch as instigators of the next plot arc. Then it was changed and it was clear that the characters at the end were the BWII Seacons, in full color.

There's no reason to make that change unless it's to promote the BWII Seacons and no reason to promote them like that in the toy based comic unless they're coming.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Dakota

Dakota Well-Known Member

I been suggesting this and I think Takara and Hasbro should do with the Armada Optimus is that of making a new line that is center around the Unicron Trilogy and make it a subline in Generations just like Studio Series for the Movies and War For Cybertron for G1.Armada Optimus would be the start of that line.I know that we had Cyber Defense Hot Shot in Generations Selects and Cybertron Optimus for regular Siege.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Spyne98

Spyne98 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I forget if I commented already or not, but I dig it. I might not buy it, but it’s very cool!

8. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

I really think a Studio Series animated line would work pretty well if focused on main characters and media accurate -- and they can sandbag the budget by throwing in one lazy wave of WFC redecos a year with slight retooling for EVEN MORE media accuracy.

One BW wave, one UT wave, one Animated wave, one Geewun wave. And then Takara can dogpile on with a fifth wave every year based on JG1 or single episode and manga stuff, which they're great at doing.

Hm. I think I'd kind of like to see manga deco figures like Hasbro's cel shaded figures or NECA's TMNT. Grayscale with linework. Hand drawn style logos. Strategic shading or zip-a-tone. DC was able to do Jim Lee figures with printed linework.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Or maybe Takara engineered COVID-19 to facilitate this repaint. :eek: 

Hey, it's no worse than the hundred other conspiracy theories out there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Roadblock1977

Roadblock1977 Well-Known Member

bring it on!

11. lord ginrai

lord ginrai Proud member of the Cult of Scorponok

News Credits:
    Nah there wasn't any sign like that. It was displayed together with Generations Select Star Convoy, so people rightfully assumed it'd come out under the same banner. All the sign said was "A Convoy", which is thought to stand for Armada Convoy. Star Convoy's said "S Convoy".

One of our board members spoke to a rep at Tokyo Toy Show or Wonderfest and was told that TT was undecided about which line to put the figure in.

Hopefully we'll get some kind of update on that guy this year!

12. B3k

B3k Well-Known Member

I work for an on line delivery company, business is crazy, loads of over time, extra pay and no going out so nothing to spend it on (except transformers). The savings I put aside from this should last me years.

Kinda hope they go show accurate with the 5 members but if they go all 6 with the guns I won't complain.

13. Wreckage MK4

Wreckage MK4 Banned

I’ve cleaned out the Earthrise section at my Walmart and have a nice Pile of Loot being built up, finally picked up some Siege repaints and ordered Super Megatron.

14. ca12nag3

ca12nag3 Well-Known Member

And toss in a Exclusive limited EX version with their Spaceship! for only 600$ Just kidding. But I hope nobody from HasPulse reads this or they might do it.

15. cyberslam

Ebay:
    For some reason when I read armada Optimus Prime, my mind pictured the energon Optimus Prime. The one withered the four limb extender things. I am a little surprised we didn't get a combined wars version of this.

16. Mugenlazlo

Mugenlazlo Well-Known Member

We need a Masterpiece God Neptune/Piranacon/King Poseidon ASAP.

• Like Like x 1
  17. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy グーグル 翻訳は素晴らしいです!

News Credits:
    Apart from Google Keyboard foiling me yet again to communicate effectively, does not one "prick" sealife with a fishing hook, spear, etc in order to catch it?

18. misterd

misterd Multifaceted nerd

Sure. Let's go with that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. waflhaus91

waflhaus91 Co-wisest person at TFW, as proclaimed by barry. TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Fuck it. I may go in on this if it's sold as a set. I need one more Con combiner and I don't think I'll be getting a good Liokaiser soon.

20. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Ah, I stand corrected then. There's so many prototypes get shown at shows nowadays it's hard to remember what comments were attached to what figures and when. Especially when I have twice forgotten what day of the week it is this week.

• Like Like x 2