Takara G1 Toy Info?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autobot Hound, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Hi, I know this subject HAS to have been discussed before but I'm having trouble finding it.
    Takara G1: please tell me about it! Did it come out at the same time as the Hasbro lines, before, or after? I grew up in the San Fransisco Bay Area and seem to have run into a lot of Japanese-only toys and other TF items (stickers and more). I got a number of TFs at thrift shops as a kid that only say "Takara" on them, there's no (c) Hasbro. Are those Japanese-released toys?

Like for instance, I have two Hounds. One has some small writing on top I can't read (I think it's Japanese or Chinese kanji/text), the second line says (c) Takara Co. LTD, the next line is JAPAN 1980, 1982.
    The other Hound has the same information on it but underneath it also says (c) HASBRO 1980, 1982 (I think it's those dates, it's so tiny it's hard to read).

I also have a Japanese Frenzy who came in a box. His info says (c) Takara Co. LTD, JAPAN 1983. So I always figured if there's no Hasbro mentioned, I have a Japanese release. My Soundwave is the same, he has some kanji or something on the top line, (c) Takara Co. LTD in the middle and '74, '83 JAPAN on the bottom, no mention of Hasbro. I've got others, too, that only mention Takara, not Hasbro.

Are the Japanese versions less common or more valuable or are they the same?

2. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Takara's Transformers line was launched in 1985, so some of the 1985-onwards Hasbro line-up was released more or less at the same time as those figures' Takara counterparts, but the 1984 Hasbro releases predate their Takara "Transformers"-branded counterparts.

3. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    The Takara only copyright stamps are inherent to the first few years of transformers due to their origin

4. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    Ahhh, Ok! Thanks.

5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    You mean the Quintessons stamped that on there...? :confused:  Or do you mean the Marvel origin?;) 

6. Autobot Hound

Autobot Hound Combaticon

News Credits:
    :D :D :D 

7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I know for a short period there were both Transformers and Diaclone/Micro Change versions of the same toys on the shelves. The transition between them in the factories was likely very quick.