Takara Classics Megatron Pictures

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ricochet, Dec 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Definetly interesting, but, an easy pass for me, as I'll be happy with the 3 Megatron's and the 1 Galvatron that are currently planned for the upcoming year :thumb .

2. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Had him preordered well in advance, and I'm not disappointed. HOWEVER, for a company that acts like it knows all things Generation 1, why is it TakaraTomy couldn't make Megatron's unibrow more GeeWun accurate?

I don't regret owning the "inferior" HasBRO (Not HasBLO or HasBORE, or other such baby names) version - to me, Classics Megatron equals the Marvel Comics version and this one will represent Megatron as seen in the Sunbow cartoon.

That just leaves the question of which one is from Universe A and which one is from Universe B...

3. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    This Classics Megatron looks so much better than the American version. No ugly neon green! :rock 

4. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

So...why couldn't they (Hasbro) have given us this, but with the front barrel painted that bright red color instead of black? I mean, I never had a major problem with "Nerfatron," but seeing something this awesome just begs the question.

5. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That picture is the best Christmas present I got this year. Glad I preordered, can't wait for it to get here. :drool: 

6. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

not too shabby.

7. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Meh, I'll stick to my own repaint (still WIP)

8. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    US gun laws don't allow for a toy firearm (as realistic or as unrealistic as it may be) to be darkly colored. It must have mostly bright colors on it so it's easily distinguished from a real gun.

Randy

9. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Much better than the Hasbro version. Glad I preordered.

10. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    He looks really cool.

11. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Glad I preordered at BBTS. I skipped on Megatron the first time around. I'm glad Takara decided to release Classics themselves...and in better colors.

12. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No person shall manufacture, enter into commerce, ship, transport, or receive any toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm (``device'') covered by this part as set forth in Sec. 1150.1 of this part unless such device contains, or has affixed to it, one of the markings set forth in Sec. 1150.3 of this part, or unless this prohibition has been waived by Sec. 1150.4 of this part.
    [54 FR 19358, May 5, 1989]
    Sec. 1150.3 Approved markings.
    The following markings are approved by the Secretary of Commerce:
    (a) A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the federal standard color number, solid plug permanently affixed to the muzzle end of the barrel as an integral part of the entire device and recessed no more than 6 millimeters from the muzzle end of the barrel. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the Federal Register in accordance with U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. Copies of Federal Standard 595a may be obtained from the Office of Engineering and Technical Management, Chemical Technology Division, Paints Branch, General Services Administration, Washington, DC 20406. Copies may be inspected at the office of the Associate Director for Industry and Standards, National Institute for Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland, or at the Office of the Federal Register, 800 North Capitol Street, NW., suite 700, Washington, DC.
    B: A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services
    [[Page 339]]
    Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the Federal Standard color number, marking permanently affixed to the exterior surface of the barrel, covering the circumference of the barrel from the muzzle end for a depth of at least 6 millimeters. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director for the Federal Register in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. Copies of Federal Standard 595a may be obtained from the Office of Engineering and Technical Management, Chemical Technology Division, Paints Branch, General Services Administration, Washington, DC 20406. Copies may be inspected at the office of the Associate Director for Industry and Standards, National Institute for Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland, or at the Office of the Federal Register, 800 North Capitol Street, NW., suite 700, Washington, DC.
    C: Construction of the device entirely of transparent or translucent materials which permits unmistakable observation of the device's complete contents.
    (d) Coloration of the entire exterior surface of the device in white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright blue, bright pink, or bright purple, either singly or as the predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern.

[54 FR 19358, May 5, 1989, as amended at 57 FR 48454, Oct. 26, 1992]
    Sec. 1150.4 Waiver.
    No person shall manufacture, enter into commerce, ship, transport, or receive any toy, look-alike, or imitation firearm (``device'') covered by this part as set forth in Sec. 1150.1 of this part unless such device contains, or has affixed to it, one of the markings set forth in Sec. 1150.3 of this part, or unless this prohibition has been waived by Sec. 1150.4 of this part.
    [54 FR 19358, May 5, 1989]
    Sec. 1150.3 Approved markings.
    The following markings are approved by the Secretary of Commerce:
    (a) A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the federal standard color number, solid plug permanently affixed to the muzzle end of the barrel as an integral part of the entire device and recessed no more than 6 millimeters from the muzzle end of the barrel. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director of the Federal Register in accordance with U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. Copies of Federal Standard 595a may be obtained from the Office of Engineering and Technical Management, Chemical Technology Division, Paints Branch, General Services Administration, Washington, DC 20406. Copies may be inspected at the office of the Associate Director for Industry and Standards, National Institute for Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland, or at the Office of the Federal Register, 800 North Capitol Street, NW., suite 700, Washington, DC.
    ( A blaze orange (Federal Standard 595a, February, 1987, color number 12199, issued by the General Services
    [[Page 339]]
    Administration) or orange color brighter than that specified by the Federal Standard color number, marking permanently affixed to the exterior surface of the barrel, covering the circumference of the barrel from the muzzle end for a depth of at least 6 millimeters. This incorporation by reference was approved by the Director for the Federal Register in accordance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 CFR part 51. Copies of Federal Standard 595a may be obtained from the Office of Engineering and Technical Management, Chemical Technology Division, Paints Branch, General Services Administration, Washington, DC 20406. Copies may be inspected at the office of the Associate Director for Industry and Standards, National Institute for Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg, Maryland, or at the Office of the Federal Register, 800 North Capitol Street, NW., suite 700, Washington, DC.
    © Construction of the device entirely of transparent or translucent materials which permits unmistakable observation of the device's complete contents.
    (d) Coloration of the entire exterior surface of the device in white, bright red, bright orange, bright yellow, bright green, bright blue, bright pink, or bright purple, either singly or as the predominant color in combination with other colors in any pattern.
    [54 FR 19358, May 5, 1989, as amended at 57 FR 48454, Oct. 26, 1992]
    Sec. 1150.4 Waiver.
    The prohibitions set forth in Sec. 1150.2 of this part may be waived for any toy, look-alike or imitation firearm that will be used only in the theatrical, movie or television industries.

13. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AAAaaaAAAAaaAAA

wants

despite too much red, plus the red looks orangey

14. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    Might get... depending on the import cost.

15. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

That I knew.

I wasn't familiar with that. Funny how MP-5 passed with the barrel plug alone - someone was bending the law. Well, now I know.

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Even the silver on this is so much nicer than the Hasbro version's light gray. Every color is an improvement, even the red, which was G1 Megatron's third color anyway.

17. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just ordered one from Agesthreeandup.com. They seem to have the best price $34.99.

18. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    meh. not worth the import price to me. i like my nerf megs.

19. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    I will get him, If I can find a good deal on one.

20. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Put me down for at least two, now I'm curious to see Starscream and a possible anime accurate Astrotrain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.