Takara bookset reissues

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by DELTAsnake, Jan 31, 2008.

1. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    Aside from eBay are there any good sources of the Takara bookset reissue Transformers? Or an equivalent with the same box contents?

I'm probably after the hard to find ones knowing my choice in TF's. Astrotrain, Blitzwing, Insecticons, Megatron and Soundwave with Ravage/Lazerbeak.

2. cannabisprime

cannabisprime Well-Known Member

Megatron is still available at Digital Toys; might want to try the Junkion Exchange as well or Yahoo! Japan Auctions.

3. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Soundwave with Laseak/Ravage is only from Hasbro. The Takara version is Soundblaster with Buzzsaw and Ravage. Anyway. BBTS has the Soundwave your looking for and has Astrotrain. Robotkingdom also has them. For a better price too, but they are located in Hong Kong. So it's lower per unit but higher shipping and the whole customs thing. For TFC Megatron Robotkingdom/BBTS has him too. Now for Blitzwing and the Insecticons. If you do find a store that still has them instock it's probably because of the sky high asking price. If you do find them and pay less than $100 USD, consaider youself lucky to have found such a bargin.

But yeah definatly try the Junkion Exchange for Blitzwing and the Insecticons.

4. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    Actually the Takara Bookstyle Soundwave only have Laserbeak. The Soundblaster has Buzzsaw and Ravage.

You want the US release for Soundwave if you want Ravage and Laserbeak.

I have a spare Megatron but my wife would kill me if I got rid of it.

5. DELTAsnake

DELTAsnake Decepticon

News Credits:
    Thanks alot for the info on Soundwave, I was told he came with both Ravage and Lazerbeak. Now to find the toys, I might start with Megs, thats if I can get him into the country without breaking the law. (I'm in Australia)

6. mat`amit

mat`amit Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    hi
    what's the size of the toys in the bookcase reissues? are they the same size as classics?

7. Dream

Dream SEND THE BOOKS!

They are the size that they were when they originally came out!