Takara Beast Wars Again - Show accurate repaint VS sets

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pixelmaster, Mar 2, 2023.

1. groscas

groscas Active Member

Facebook:
    Instagram:
    its shipped for real ,it was too long ,the last 2 packs arrived when dhl had the package

2. Architects

Architects Well-Known Member

Saw BBTS is processing my Dinobot/Tarantulas pack with my C-01 Missing Link. I really hope this BWVS set doesn’t kickstart something in me to buy all of them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Optitron98

Optitron98 Guy who loves blue and sarcasm

Ebay:
    Yeah, I figured by now it's too late, but always a good idea to remember next time it happens

4. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Not the best pics, but this set is fantastic!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  5. 40CakesBad

40CakesBad Maximize

I honestly can't even see a difference in those Tarantulas figures. Dinobot looks incredibly better though

• Like Like x 2
  6. Fenrys

News Credits:
    On Tarantulas it's mostly the shades of the colors and he might have a slightly more metallic or glossy sheen on the purple. It's a bit of a testament to how well the Hasbro one initially turned out.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sandstormer

Sandstormer Setting sail for Sureshot's search party

Screamer and Wasper have arrived, and they both look awesome.

No worries at all about Starscream's clear plastic, it feels pretty sturdy. It'll take me a while to get used to his red Decepticon symbols but I know that's how they should be.

Love the articulated fingers so he can be astonished at himself, and a word for his headsculpt too.

I think we could all transform the Seekers in our sleep by now but really happy to have this twist on the variant, if this and the Dramatic Capture set are going to be last hurrahs for these moulds. Both have awesome packaging too, might end up displaying their boxes somehow.

Nicely done, good fun.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    toydojo still has 1 BWVS-08 set left in stock.

9. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

I just opened my DB V TR yesterday and except for Dinobot's lipstick, he's so vastly improved!

10. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Honestly, even that doesn't bother me because unless you're right on top of him, it just looks like he's gritting his teeth

• Like Like x 4
  11. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Flyer face-off!

20240412_081413.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  12. Supreme Unicron

Supreme Unicron Dutch TF fan

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  13. DracoPrimal

DracoPrimal Nomenclature Nominator

I assumed that was the intent, and it's how it also looks to me sometimes. But it's one of those knitpicking things I can live with. "Not what I would have done, but it's fine..."

• Like Like x 3
  14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Totally fair, and I do agree that if I had been the one doing the deco layout I'd have left it off

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    That photo doesn't capture it, but the Vs Tarantulas has more vibrant colors. Actually, that can be said of Dinobot, Air Razor, and Inferno too. Where they share similar colors, the Vs one's are just more vibrant. The kingdom figures look good, but have slightly dulled colors that's notable when side by side.

Pretty happy with the all the sets and that I dove in for the full ride. Dinobot delivered the deco I wanted on a mold I enjoy. Inferno's blue gun plugs into the butt ok, could be better, but the red one is too loose. Air Razor is a premium deco like Dinobot, imho too. The only figure I'm conflicted on out of all released so far is Terrorsaur. Vs is the better bot, but Amazon is the better beast because it's more solidly red. Actually wouldn't mind a re-do on that one though. It's not that great of an Air Razor remold. Bot is fine but the 'dactyl is kind of weak sauce.

Now where's the Vs bird dog?

• Like Like x 1
  16. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    Yeah it’s something I can live with and usually it looks fine (depends on the viewing angle and distance). The thing is that the painted line is simply too thick.

The frustrating part is that the figure’s mouth actually is sculpted to be slightly open. That thin strip is beautifully painted white. However, they also painted the upper part of his lower lip white. Had they only painted the open mouth part, he’d have been perfect.

As it is, both him and the Kingdom release don’t follow the sculpt correctly, paint-wise.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  17. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    First impressions:

Rattrap - Shortcomings of the mold aside, the new deco works great.

Terrorsaur - Surprisingly a lot better looking in hand than the promo pictures. At least in robot mode, Beast mode is iffy. Wish he didn't have to be a retool.

Over all set is fine, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Dinobot - Beast mode is a bit compromised by the new colors, but robot mode is amazing. The painted teeth do not bother me at all.

Tarantulas - Total side step, very unimpressive deco. I know it's different, but if you handed this to me and called it "Legacy Tarantulas", I'm not sure I'd notice.

Overall, I didn't buy this for Tarantulas, anyway. Dinobot is the winner.

Airrazor - The orange hurts my eyes. Gonna take awhile to get used to, but definitely a case where accuracy isn't always better.

Inferno - Another side step. The extra gun helps, but another one where the Legacy version was already pretty good.

Over all are the premium decos better? Yes. But "better" isn't as objective here compared to other attempts Takara has made over the years.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    The Kingdom's biggest problem in raptor mode was the too visible big orange circular hip joints that really stuck out compared to the brown and gray in the rest of the raptor. Vs sorta fixes that by color matching with the dark metal/black color of the thigh. The contrasts aren't as jarring even though the under belly isn't the same color as the rest of the raptor skin. But Kingdom did have less paint overall so that did help it blend together better in raptor mode.

That said, there is another deco they could get out of this that would definitely sell and cause decision anxiety for us all. Give it the premium bot mode deco where they can, but better color coordinate it for the raptor mode. Instead of the dark metal/black color used in the Vs legs, use the dark brown color of the dorsal skin of the raptor like the Kingdom does. Take all the paint off the bot toes and go with that same dark brown there too. You'd have a slightly less accurate bot mode, but a more accurate raptor mode *and* all of us deliberating to triple dip.....

19. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Well that's a triple dip I wouldn't fall for. The beast mode here is compromised, but to me it's an acceptable compromise to get the premium robot mode and one I can live with.

Only way now that I ever buy another of this mold is if Takara does a premium Grimlock, but I don't see that happening nor is it something I cannot live without. With zero new announcements in months and the debut of Dramatic Capture box sets, I imagine this series and the revisit to Beast Wars is over for now.

• Like Like x 2
  20. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    20240413_151301.jpg 20240413_151224.jpg 20240413_150525.jpg 20240413_150420.jpg 20240411_010935.jpg 20240410_224343.jpg 20240410_204412.jpg 20240409_212332.jpg 20240409_161557.jpg 20240409_161332.jpg

• Like Like x 5