Takara announces new G1 reissues next week! UPDATE: NO ANNOUNCEMENT COMING

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Ruination04, Feb 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

.....and the blue casette should be called Rumble and the red one should be called Frenzy.

Plus the Dinobots should all have chromed swords, and there should be a blue chested Swoop as well.

Plus the set should cost $25.00 as well becasue Takara owe us all.

:D 

**** Wonders if product announcments will include any red trucks with huge legs and crosshairs style grill ***

2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I'm not going to bother to try and guess what Takara is going to reissue.

Although, Star Saber or a Victory Saber two-pack would be great. :D 

Fortress Maximus too or a Dinobot five-pack... or at least just Grimlock finally getting the TFC treatmeant.

3. evebird

evebird Waiting for Omega

How about a second Mini-Bots set?

I'd also like to see the Dinobots. And Sky-Lynx!

4. DoctorJoe

DoctorJoe who?

News Credits:
    [
    Yay!! 1000th post. I would like to think my family and friends......[/QUOTE]

They'll be happy to know you are thinking of them :thumb 

But seriously, a combiner would be nice....

5. Zircor

Zircor Well-Known Member

Personally I like reissues over originals for several reasons. For 1 I can get that minty-fresh feel without a) Gambling and trusting someone's description or b) spending several hundred dollars on a MISB item just to open it. 2 the packaging freaking RULES (specially the TFC reissues, and the binder cards, and trading cards, etc). 3 the release of some of the items we never got in the states, at a bargain price. Sure some of them are different (stepper comes to mind) but still.

Yes, I have been buying a LOT of reissues, but a LOT of original figures too (especially ones that I don't believe will get reissued anytime soon, such as Trypticon and other large figures like that).

However there are some drawbacks to the reissues too. Mostly I've noticed that the spots where the piece comes off of the sprue still has the stressmarks from being removed, whereas I have not seen many original figures with this flaw (I'm a model builder - gundams mostly - so stuff like that sticks out to me).

Anyway, HOORAY for reissues. I hope it's some Japanese exclusive stuff, such as the dinocassettes (or even a cassette box with all of them in it) or Overlord or the Headmaster heads. Maybe Grandus and Sky Garry to go with Star Convoy. Star Sabre and his lion buddy maybe?

6. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    The cassettes really wouldn't be far fetched, especially now that all 4 players will have been released and how quickly the cassette 2 pack sold out. Strike while the iron is hot Takara :)  Maybe an 8 pack (They are smaller than Minibots after all) featuring the Japanese cassettes plus either the other 2 combiners or a combination of Rumble, Ratbat, Eject (Or a Decepticon recolor to even the sides) and Laserbeak.
    I'd be ALL OVER the E-Hobby recolor!

7. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why would they do that? On the Japanese dub of G1 Frenzy was blue and Rumble was red. They never had any kind of stupid name mix-up like we got in the American version.

8. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was being just a tad sarcastic.

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Well some have asked for reissues of thundercracker and skywarp by takara...and there are already...they were 2001 reissues that were sold at a convention just like the ironhide and ratchet he was talking about. They are quite pricey for their 1000 limit, however they are exact reissues. I have them so, i know :) 

As for originals over REissues...originals are always better in my mind over something that is a rerelease for the simple fact that all my G1 toys...are 20 years old and not "new" as someone who is into history and artifacts, i can tell you that an Original artifact is worth more then a reproduction. I mean isnt that why you pay $30 for a reproduction of the Declaration of Independance at the National Archives and the ORiginal is sealed in bulletproof, temperature resistant and controlled glass, with sensors all over it? Just my 2 cents on that.

Dont get me wrong...reissues are cool...I do have some....ones that had added features, or different paint like anime star scream and galvatron. Also ones that were rare like soundblaster and twincast, however anything that was avaliable in the US in the 80's I have an original of and some reissues of the ones I really love and want to play with :) 

10. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I hope it's every TF ever made in a giant box set that's twice the size of my house. Oh, and also it's $1.

Seriously, I'd love to see the rest of the diaclone cars/jets, as well as the dinos.

11. Cy-Kill

Cy-Kill Slackers unite...tomorrow

I'm hoping for some more Season 1 or 2 characters.

Now I know it's been said some of the molds are completely gone, but that didn't stop Takara with Soundwave, right? :) 

So, I'm really hoping Wheeljack, Sunstreaker, Mirage, or Trailbreaker. I never had those figures, and I'd sure like to pick them up for a reasonable price sometime. :D 

Man, next week is going to be a good week for new Transformers product. Not only do we get to see some new molds at Toy Fair (Neo G1/Classic seems like a given with the reponses of Kickback and others, and probably an Alternator, among other things), we get more reissues. :thumbs2: 

12. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Hmm.

- TM Blurr
    - TM Scourge
    - TM Cyclonus
    - Rodimus Prime

:p 

13. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You called?

Oh... never mind :confused2 

14. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What could be cool, is a set of Cassettes put together and then have the E-Hobby exclusives make Beast Wars characters out of them for the 10th. anniversary. :D 

Beastbox = Optimus Primal
    Squawktalk = Airazor
    Ravage = Cheetor/Tigatron
    Overkill = Megatron/Dinobot
    Ramhorn = Rhinox
    Steeljaw = Lio Convoy
    Slugfest = Saberback
    Grandslam = Megastorm (G2 megatron)
    Raindance = Thrust or Dirge
    Ratbat = Sonar (or a bat Primal)

Just a thought.

15. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

How about an Ultra Magnus or Gnaw, how obvious :^ ), I would love to see some Movie charcaters. Also a Ratchet, Ironhide, Wheeljack and maybe a huge pack with all the Seekers. Thrust is my Favorite!

16. LoneWolf76

LoneWolf76 Well-Known Member

I think is not impossible to recreate a mold starting from the original toy.
    So I don't exlude anybody.

I hope for the dinobots!
    with a diaclone Swoop (i.e. sharp beck and blue color, just like in the show!)
    That is my dream *_*

17. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    some headmasters might be a good move.

as well as magnus seeing how they're moving onto movie era.

it would be nice to see dinobots and cassettes as well though

18. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like someone else said it's impossible to predict what Takara have chosen for the next reissue.

However I think those wishing/hoping for the large guys (or even sets of large figures) better brace themselves for disappointment at the moment as this sounds like a regular TFC reissue.

If this is a regular line TFC reissue, then it will have to be one that fits in the dimension of the reissue style box they come in.
    In other words, the length and height of the front of the box. The overall depth of the box might changes (ala Perceptor) but still the box would be the same size as the others.

General rule of thumb I go by, if it doesn't fit into one of the TFC boxes then the best that you can hope for is one of the bigger reissue slots that are about twice a year (Predaking, Star Convoy, etc)

19. Soundwarp

Soundwarp Next victim please TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OK it's a gold and Silver edition Wheelie!

20. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

what if its just the TRU reissues that have'nt hit Japan!?!?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.