Sym-bionic titan!

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by HarryFA1, Oct 26, 2011.

1. HarryFA1

HarryFA1 Rank #14

News Credits:
    There once was a series on cartoon network, that warped my understanding of what a kids cartoon is. That defied almost everything i expected from it. And a show that cut short due to a lack of merchandise. That show is...SYM-BIONIC TITAN!

If you yourself have witnessed this godly program, feel free to discuss your opinions, observations & anything else you have to say.

2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

bleh it was ok. the animation was bland though. and the characters were mainly unlikable.

i didn't think it was that great of a show. it tried to be an epic show, but it was an epic show with CN's standard poor animation, it just did not work.

should of tried a higher budget, or at least venture brother's quality.

it just felt like it was trying to be something it's not, and what it was trying to be is a contender to the giant robot genre of anime. but it borrowed way TOO much from anime, especially voltron. and then they shoved the main characters in school, like people care about seeing alien boy and teenage princess, in school.

it tried to be anime, but the only animated tv show that america has created, that has ever succeeded in trying to duplicate anime, is Exosquad.

if they had tried to do the same story, with better animation, it probably would of done much better. but as of how it is now, it would be as if they produced Ben 10, on their comedy's budget.

or Batman Brave and the Bold, on the budget of south park.

i saw a whole 4 episodes, then after that it failed to keep me interested, it failed to make me want to go back and check for new episodes, hell, i forgot the show even existed until you brought it up again.

they FAILED to make an impact on the audience. and that is where they failed.

not due to lack of merchandise, but due to lack of grabbing hold of the audience, and making them want more. instead it just had us look to the on demand menu for more batman.

hell, i didn't even know they stopped making this show. :lol  nor did i care.

3. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  4. HarryFA1

HarryFA1 Rank #14

News Credits:
    Ya know how bumming it is when the first person to respond to your thread disses one of your favourite shows? :( 
    Though i disagree with your statement about the animation, i'll say that everyone has their own taste when it comes to artwork. As for the characters i strongly disagree, though at first from appearance i thought Lance was going to be a bit of an emo, he turned out to be really engaging with his backstory of growing up in a posh military academy and always seeming to get in trouble, and also with his 'duty first' attitude. Ilana also striked me as someone who deeply cared for her people and desperately wanted to help them. And Octus became really interesting with his episode of self-discovery.

I wouldn't say contender, i would say more along the lines of tribute. Taking certain cliche' elements from things like Voltron, like the whole alien princess angle, and rework them. Also i too was skeptical about the whole high school setting, but it turned out working really well as it never really got in the way of the plot, as the characters always knew that their duty came first. And the High School setting also introduced some humorous and characterful moments.

It didn't try to be anime, and by the sounds of it, i don't think you've seen alot of US (or countries similar to) cartoons.

Well like i said before, everyone has their own tastes so i can't argue with your own opinion. But while it may have failed to keep you interested it certainly succeeded in making a huge impact on alot of viewers, as evidenced by alot of "Save Sym-Bionic Titan" petitions. And yes, it was cancelled due to a lack of merchandise, the ratings were really high for a show that was usually on at (from what i hear) 9:30.
    [p.s. i personally think Batman is overrated]

5. HarryFA1

HarryFA1 Rank #14

News Credits: