SXS-R02 Overclocking

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Galvatron197, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Galvatron197

Galvatron197 Well-Known Member

SXS Overclocking (Informal Review) Part-1
    I have been waiting for this figure for a long time. Some people say he looks like idw blur and the other comic book character, I think robots in disguise blur I don't know-don't support the comic book industry. Anyway on to my informal review of SXS Overclocking.
    Starting with Bot mode:

When I got him out the box and held him. He's slightly heavier than some of MPs his size. What caught my eyes other than his color is the detail. The detail on Overclocking is excellent, sxs left no stone unturned when they applied the paint app detail.

Durability: 'Solid' far from perfect but Overclocking is solid figure. Will get into far from perfect discussion later, for now I want to stay focus on the positive. When you play with him in bot you don't have to worry about breaking him. However Overclocking does have stubborn joints, therefore you will have to play with him to loosen him up a bit. One concern I had is the ratchets in his legs. Just two a three pulls overclocking will be in a split. I wish the ratchets in the hips were sanded down a little to give more notches when move his legs apart.

Far from perfect (Durability)
    Leg area in particular the left leg and stiff upper thigh movement on both legs.
    • Left leg I had to take that section apart and investigate why the upper thigh was not secure. However after inspecting it, it was manufacture error on one of the screw ports in the legs. Also there were plenty of dry areas on the plastic along with some minor stress marks inside the leg.
    • Solution: Greased it down also held leg tightly together when I screwed in the screws. Unfortunately the minor gap is still on the left leg. But it does not hinder transformation.
    • Upper thigh ports: I fixed that also, it appears SXS Overclocking lacked proper grease in these areas.
    Far From Perfect
    With that stated: One thing that my pet peeve with Overclocking, he lacked the oil or grease needed to prevent plastic from grinding on each other.
    Face expression:
    This is homage to blur- He should have a smirk on his face or some kind of happy go lucky look on his face.
    Overall Bot mode:
    I dig it and I give him a solid 6 on my 1 -10 scale. If Overclocking did not have the QC issues I had to address myself-trust me I would give him a solid 8.5. He fits like a glove with my new mp collection and he scales well with my combiners. I am impressed with the work SXS did to make this figure stand out and here's why...Being real with you people, with Apollyon and Fierce attack dominating much of the conversation on the boards, fakebook and shitter twitter This figure could've been overlooked. Somehow SXS Overclocking is holding up as the storm brews for the release for the anticipated Apollyon coming soon and Warbotrons fierce attack.
    Thrusters:
    I love the adjustable thrusters on his back. It makes Overclocking look like he's the fastest bot on the battle field.
    Gun: Engineering for his firearm is slick. It can transform into a nasty three claw melee gauntlet like Predator.
    If love blur and you want an Sxs homage to blur, this figure I highly recommend for MP collectors and Blur fans out there.

Attached Files:

2. breaux man

breaux man I'm Me

Preciate the review Galvatron...don't think it's good enough to replace my hasbro Blurr though to be honest...MP figure aside

3. Galvatron197

Replaced my hasbro blur

I do have my hasbro blur. But hasbro failed to make him hover car like sxs. I do like my hasbro blur but overclocking is the one I really enjoy.

4. Galvatron197

Overclocking part 2

Part of the Review

Overclocking Review Part 2:
    Now I am just going to get into the vehicle mode. From the pictures I have taken adjoins handling the figure in my hands. He looks a freaking right angle lol. Kidding aside SXS delivers the goods in making homage to blur a futuristic fast hover vehicle.
    Bad:
    In regards to the instructions was not clear on the 3 section waist. To get into specifics below
    • Turning upper torso once
    • mid section
    • Lower section waist too.
    As for the figure itself the transformation betwixt breaking in new plastic I had to be careful with it. But after that the plastic loosens up a bit and things work well from there.
    Good:
    This motherfucker looks good! Overclocking looks fast sleek and sticks with transformers motto-More than meets the eye. His gun and shield covers the head very well too along with highly detail engravings and pain apps makes Overclocking stand on his own in my mp collection.
    Overall:
    My rating for overclocking vehicle mode I give him a solid 10! Nothing is set aside in addition everything 'clicks' into place. So if my review helped you in away great. If you have questions you want to ask along with picture request go ahead and ask, I will see what I can do for you.

Attached Files:

5. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree, I wish there were more notches in the legs. It's either standing straight up boring or doing a split.

But I love this guy, a lot more than the Hastak one. The fact that I wanted a hover-type car helps a lot.

6. dominusveritas

dominusveritas Arizonacon™

News Credits:
    This guy seriously tops my chart of best 3P figures of 2015 to date. Everything about him screams Blurr, and the QC and plastic quality are top notch. I was surprised when I got him at how solid and good looking he is. I recommend everyone run out and pick him up. Like, yesterday, people!

7. Galvatron197

About the notches

Hmmm I heard there's a way to fix that issue. But it requires taking Overlockings lower body apart and shaving the nubs down. Perhaps someone on the boards is doing this or have done it I don't know. If you find anything on it feel free to post it on the thread.

8. Galvatron197

Yup that's what I did my friend. This figure is still standing out even though the huge buzz on Apollyon and Fierce attack. It will be interesting if Overlocking doesn't get over looked when Apollyon is released. However I tip my hat off to sxs for doing making the homage to Blur. In my opinion they have paid 'close' attention to us on the boards and what companies doing what figure. Hypothetically Overlocking may not be overlooked because of this?

9. dwong1207

dwong1207 Well-Known Member

Loving not-Blurr. I can see the annoyance with not having an intermediate setting for the legs, but when you bend the knees a bit for a pose, the knee bend makes up for the wide legs.

My only complaint is that one of the little notches almost broke off while transforming this from car to bot. Its one of the smallest notches. Otherwise a solide 9.75 out of 10.

Don't have their not-Gears but I'm curious to hear how this compares. I'm pretty certain this one blows it out of the water.

10. Galvatron197

That's the ongoing debate between Overlocking and gears. I do want to see the comparison myself. Specifically how far sxs has come. Bending the knees to a solid 90 degrees does make up for the unnecessary wide leg stance.

Transformation:
    Yeah those joints are freaking stiff. That's why I greased everything down. Sxs forgot to do that for my figure. I would throw Overlocking in for the figure of the year.

11. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Anyone got this figure, Springer and MMC's Arcee? I'd like to see a group shot if possible.

12. Galvatron197

I have them both!

Sure I can take some shots for you later today.

13. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Hey, you're alright, man.

14. Galvatron197

Had to edit but here ya go

Enjoy the pictures.

Attached Files:

15. TacticalBacon

TacticalBacon Garbage Enthusiast

News Credits:
    I think he means a groupshot with Overclocking.

16. Galvatron197

My bad, misunderstood him I can take a picture of all three together. In a few hours.

17. Galvatron197

Group Picture

Apology misunderstood you yesterday. Here's a group picture with overlocking in it.

Attached Files:

18. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Ah, there we go... no worries, man. But, yeah, they look good together.

19. Galvatron197

Appreciate the love. Yup they do look like a team to me too.

20. Hicks_Royel

Hicks_Royel > Cat Flu

News Credits:
    Just need a Kup and [hopefully] that Hotrod coming about will match the style too.