Heavy/Scratch: Swappapalooza! Kingdom Red Alert

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by POSSESSED_DIGIT, Aug 21, 2021.

1. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    Hey guys! Guess I’m a tiny bit late to the dance, but here’s the quickest post I could make: I’m currently home alone with my 2 kids-the 2 year old LOVES my phone and LOVES my Transformers and will go full apeshit to get either. I literally locked myself in my bathroom to take these pix!

I’ve been planning this for over a month. I had parts swapped and un-pinned waiting for Red Alert to show up. I took a few hours late last night after work to swap everything. Then back to work this morning!

anyway, parts were swapped from various mold mates: Gen Selects Black Deep Cover, Netflix Blue Deep Cover. Maybe (GASP!) Gigawatt too. But that may have been for the “other” figures…

7C2FCA0C-93A0-463F-B7B7-C602C5CAE55D.jpeg 8197406E-2219-4480-B2FD-C35F56F5EE35.jpeg CA65C619-D579-4424-BC6D-5D1383993236.jpeg

Any questions please ask! Thanks!
    The worst pins to remove were the knees and the white hinge piece in the collar area…

• Like Like x 10
  2. Dunkle

Dunkle The Merch Mercenary

Soo… what exactly did get swapped?

3. POSSESSED_DIGIT

News Credits:
    Let’s see. From bottom to top:

Shins - from Blue Deep Cover. Battle damage removed.

Thighs- from Black Deep Cover.

Biceps/Forearms - from Black deep cover, with hands swapped back.

collar piece - from black deep cover. Not terribly necessary but I wanted the red piece he originally had for my Optimus custom. They were the worst to swap. The piece is nylon and have a 1-way head pin. Had to use my soldering iron in a tight area, with pins that damn near refused to come out.

4. Dunkle

Dunkle The Merch Mercenary

huh, I see. Great work!

• Like Like x 1
  5. POSSESSED_DIGIT

News Credits:
    Thanks! My Optimus Prime custom has even more parts swapped from the other moldmates. I’ve always enjoyed parts swapping just for the simple fun of mix and matching to see what I get. I’m thinking of doing more for Red Alert with the G2 sideswipe figure to add some red back to him. But I might save that for the Kingdom Sideswipe when he’s released. Unless someone has a Covert Clone G2 sideswipe they want to loan me for parts swapping so I can do both! ;)