Swamp Thing TV Show by James Wan

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by UltraAlanMagnus, May 2, 2018.

1. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It really seems like WB's decision making when it comes to DC is just horrible. I think DC really is trying to do good by their product and the fans but WB is choke holding them to stick what their corporate idea of good is for these franchises.

2. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I'm sorry the show was cancelled. Swamp Thing's saga has great potential.

3. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

• Like Like x 1
  4. Omegashark18

Omegashark18 Combaticon turned Autobot

News Credits:
    So it’s a logistical issue.

5. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    1)Only the first half of it.

2)It’s not the final season. Never been labeled as such.

6. karamazov80

karamazov80 Million Dollar Champion

Sucks. I thought the first episode did a great job building suspense and bringing the horror. And there are few comics better than Alan Moore's Swamp Thing, so terrific potential there. Doom Patrol is up with Daredevil as one of the best live action comic shows I've seen, so I hope it gets continued on. But this is a blow. And garbage like SHIELD, Gotham, and the Arrow-verse get renewed for season after season. You've got to dumb down your product, and bring the quality way down to make big profits in this area, I suppose.

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  8. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

I won't even bother continuing on with DC Universe I get that logistical and or State Tax issues on film/tv projects can cup check you hard but come on man. I've waited forever to get a proper Swamp Thing adaptation beyond the 2 films in the 80s and the 1st series and we finally get it only for it to be canned. I tell you someone at WB/AT&T love to torment audiences.

9. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    DC streaming was planned and set up before the merger, now At&T and WB are reevaluating things. They want to fight Netflix and Disney. So they are planning an all in one service, if we are lucky DC will be part of it. But DC streaming by it's self is probably doomed. I called this happening a while back in some other thread. But I didn't realize they would also include HBO and Cinemax in the service
    AT&T's streaming bundle with HBO could start at $16

By next year the streaming wars will begin in earnest.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  10. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

They only aired half of it? THat's dumb. Why even put it on a streaming network if you aren't going to do the whole thing in one shot?

Also, I thought it advertised as being the third and final season? This way, the show would have a definitive ending?

Yeah, I don't buy that bullshit. There is no reason why a tax should be determining a show's life span. You can simply move production if you need to. Hell, it takes place in New Orleans, it should be shot there. Nevertheless, this sounds more like a cheap scape goat excuse.

By next year piracy is going to be at an all time high. This whole situation just proves how inept a streaming service is and I will not support anything that hasn't been streaming content for at least 5 years at this point, if I even do that at all. If it doesn't come out on Blu-Ray, I'll just start torrenting it (like I'm about to do with Runaways since Hulu doesn't seem to want me to watch the show the legal way).

11. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Rip Rest In Peace Swamp Ting

12. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    In order to shift focus to their other shows. Second half premieres July 2nd

Nope, never was. Just was labeled as a long awaited continuation. I believe season 4 was already in the development stage with plans for season 5 as well.

Now, if the DC Universe app does go under, best we could hope for is that all its stuff(current and developing) gets folded into that WB streaming service I keep hearing rumors about.

13. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  14. Omegashark18

News Credits:
    There’s only thing left to do, savor the 9 remaining episodes, cause it’s all we’re going to get.

15. Dr Kain

I don't see why anyone would even care enough to watch the rest of the show knowing it's already canned. Who wants to invest 9 more hours of their time on something that will be incomplete?

16. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How do you know it doesn't tell a whole story?

17. Dr Kain

Because they had cut the season down from 13 episodes to 10 and said the last three episodes would be the first three of Season 2.

18. matrixprime

matrixprime Just a guy who likes toys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I’d argue that piracy is already at an all time high based on the number of ads I see for VPN services. That being said I can’t totally understand why people would pirate due to so many programs being on so many different streaming services it’s absurd. I feel like the idea behind so many streaming services is to drive the consumers who “cut the cord” back to a traditional satellite or cable service that may offer the streaming services as part of a package.

In my family’s case we make do with Hulu and I have my own Plex server for movies I own so I don’t see a need to invest in other streaming services.

19. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

It's not bullshit. Film production tax breaks can and do determine a shows life span, and shooting location. Haven got canceled specifically because of changes to the NS film tax credits (and it wasn't the only one). Seems to me that the people behind Swamp thing though they'd get a sweetheart deal from NC for having a show around long term. And they didn't.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dr Kain

Except as Gaastra already posted, that WAS a lie.