Suspiciously un-named Senator speculation thread (MTMTE #10 Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Kraken, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Ok, so Shadowplay part deux marks the third appearence of Orion Pax's suspiciously un-named Senatorial benefactor.

Who the hell is this guy? We know that he is a Senator. We know that he also works at the Acadamy of Advanced Technology, and was respected by Skids. We know that in each of his appearences his colour scheme has altered, and that he appears to have a flying alt-mode.

Apart from that, we know precious little about him. Who is he? Why has he taken such a shine to Pax? Exactly how much does he know? He is one intriguing fella.

Speculate away people. I think he might be Alpha Trion myself, but that is probably very wrong.

2. DrTraveler

DrTraveler Wheeljack, Wheeljack, Wheeljack

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He reminds me of Deep Throat or The Well Manicured Man on X-files. Someone that appears helpful to the hero but may have their own motives in play.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Nexus Prime.

4. Kraken

News Credits:
    He transforms into a phone?

;) 

5. Clutchburn

Clutchburn Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Swerve. He used to be taller.

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

7. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I don't mean to sound like a dick, and this isn't meant to be directed only at you, but I find it incredibly amusing that every time there's a mysterious, as-of-yet unnamed character, he is eventually speculated to be Alpha Trion by someone. Like, it happened with TFP Unicron. DOTM Sentinel Prime. Hell, I even saw some people suggest that Tarn could actually be Alpha Trion, which gave me quite a chuckle. And now, it's happened with this senator dude.

Mechafire's Law: Every unnamed character will eventually be speculated to be Alpha Trion. :lol 

But snark aside, I am quite curious as to who this guy is, and why the hell his colors keep changing.

8. Kraken

News Credits:
    Yes, well done for noticing ;) 

9. gregles

gregles quintesson

here is a shot in the dark pre war mindwipe just for his name alone

I don't know if there is some continuity reason why not but I thought ratbat would be an obvious option given his other dodgy business ventures, but that would be a bit too obvious for me.

Maybe it could be an agent of nova prime's as maybe he was trying to manipulate events from the dead universe for millions of years, if that was the case maybe cyclonus could complete this story?

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I know, right? How many different colour schemes have we gotten for this guy?? Is he changing his colours so he won't be recognized when he goes to meet Orion? Or is it just an error? At first I thought I was going crazy, then I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be the same guy.

I'm getting pretty curious about that. I mean, this is also the guy who had Optimus reconfigured to accommodate the Matrix, so he's got a long-term game plan, and seems to roll with a secret posse.

Are we talking about the same guy? Sounds like you're referring to Trepan, not the senator dude.

Also, we've already seen Senator Ratbat, both in Megatron Origin, and in Chaos Theory. Not him.

zmog

11. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He is probably Zeta Prime (before the autocracy writers turned him into villains). Which makes the context of his death as the gunshot that killed a civilization more pertinent.

Well changing color schemes is actually easier for a robot. More so for a futuristic race with lots of technology including holograms or compound that can shift colors.

12. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    His colors went from white and blue, to red, white and blue.

I'm guessing Ultra Magnus.

13. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

I don't think so... I doubt IDW would have let such a HUGE story gap like that slip through... maybe in the pre-Barber days, but now?

That's what I meant. Maybe he was just in disguise.

Errrr... last issue he was white blue and GREEN. That's 3 different but similar decos in 3 different appearances.

Also, there are some intriguing little hints in his dialogue... "My anger has gotten me into trouble in the past." "I like exploring"... stuff like that. I'm really curious! I hope it's worth the wait! :) 

Is Josh around here anywhere? Can he confirm for us that is colour swapping wasn't just a colouring error at least?

zmog

14. Mechafire

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure the color changing is intentional. Or at least I hope it is, because it'd be a pretty big error. I mean his color scheme transition from Chaos Theory to his first appearance in MTMTE wasn't that different (just some added green IIRC) but in this issue he's COMPLETELY different.

Help us out here Josh!

15. Kraken

News Credits:
    I'm convinced the colour swapping is purposeful, we still get the odd colouring error but normally only in the odd frame, for him to have a different scheme throughout each of his appearences is odd. Bots colour schemes are normally very consistant, they may change their bodies, and slightly tweak their faces, but their colours remain the same. With this guy his body and face have stayed the same but his colours are changing. Thing is he's obviously a well known public figure, so how much of an effective disguise is changing colour? But then having said that I'm contridicting myself that bots are easily identifiable by their colour schemes so maybe to a Cybertronian it is much more effective to change colours rather than body or face. Especially with shared body forms and what not.

The only other explanation I can think of is that he has different colour schemes for each of his positions, 1 as a senator, 1 as a Professor, 1 as a civilian etc.

16. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    My guess will be senator Rhyain-bowbrite.

With the spark in a rent-a-body tech it could be anyone, no? Maybe he's the inventor of rub signs?

17. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

18. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like the color change thing is a disguise. Cybertron is a police surveillance state during the time of the Clampdown. Changing colors probably helps avoid getting noticed especially when he and Orion are meeting in such a public place.

Except Autocracy already contradicts previous stuff.

19. Mechafire

News Credits:
    I'll take that as a "Yeah it's intentional."

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Boy, his issue #10 colours sure do evoke an Ultra Magnus vibe.