superman vs megatron

Discussion in 'RPG and Games Forum' started by tfomegaprime, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

If Sam can kill Starscream without getting a scratch, then I think Superman would end Megatron without much effort.

2. Whoopie

Whoopie Banned

neither would win because they're both fictional characters. jesus christ.

3. aimop95

aimop95 Aimoperative

Superman...unless it was the entire transformer franchise vs superman...then superman probably would die.

4. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

well since it is in the movie section...

movie megatron has done nothing, in all three films, lol.

and he's already died twice.

i don't think he stands a chance. :lol 

5. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Transformers are WEAK compared to 90% of DC and Marvel super-heroes.

Those guys on the other hand are BROKEN as fuck.

Hell I'm sure Magneto alone could destroy Cybertron.

6. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    The entire comparison is apples - oranges anyway.

Marvel/DC super heroes.... have SUPER powers
    The transformers in their TF universe, have NO super powers,
    as far as I know from the established canon.

So basically this thread is pitting a super-humanoid versus a nonsuper-cybertronian.

If we were to have a fair fight, then you'd have to pit the super-humanoid versus a super-cybertronian.

7. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It... Depends on what you mean by superpower. The fallen could levitate and teleport stuff, they all have superhuman strength...and if we go beyond movieverse and look at other incarnations then in G1 mirage could turn invisible, rumble could split the ground in half, skywarp could teleport, red alert had a spidey sense, hound could create illusions, brawn had super strength, bombshell & mindwipe could perform mindcontrole, smokescrean could blind the enemies with smoke, etc, etc.

8. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

deadpool would come out of nowhere and slice superman's head off.

9. knoted

News Credits:
    No I don't think so.

The examples you mentioned of TF's only shows their natural cybertronian
    'biological' abilities ; but none of those attributes are SUPER-charged abilities.
    They're just their natural abilities with limits within the context realism of the TF canon.

The human palette of physical abilities is of course more limited, but it will stand out more if we SUPER-charge them and add flight capability on top of it.

If Super-man does something 10000 times better than normal man, then for any fair comparison, there should be a Super TF which can do what a normal TF can do, only 10000 times better.

10. Shepard Prime

Shepard Prime Autobot and N7 for life

I hate Superman versus threads. Not because i hate the character but because his power levels are so darn extreme it kills any fun/interesting what-if conversations if it involves anyone not on Superman's power level.

11. Grandum

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, but I don't agree - just because there is no super TF doesn't mean that they don't have superpowers.

Invisibility, create earthquakes, teleportation, "spidey sense", illusions, super strength and mind control, blinding & teleportation ARE superpowers - it's not something that the other transformers had, but was a special power to these bots.

I'll give you some superhero examples:

teleportation: (like Skywarp) - Nightcrawler from the X-Men
    create earthquakes: (like frenzy & rumble) - Earthquake from the Imperial Guard (Marvel)
    Spidey sense: (like Red alert) - Spiderman
    Super strength: (Like Brawn) - Captain america
    Invisibility: (like Mirage) - Invisible Kid
    Illusions: (like hound) - Mandrake the Magician
    Mind control: (like Bombshell & Mindwipe) - Purple Man

These are all superheroes/super villains, and the abilities when used by them is considdered a superpower, so why not when it comes to TF?

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Superman beat Spider-man. Spider-man beat Megatron. Superman beats Megatron by transitive property. QED.

13. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Unless Energon affects Superman the same way kryptonite does, then Megatron will have his ass handed to him if he so much as looks at Superman the wrong way.

14. TheMrmaster21

TheMrmaster21 I will swallow your soul.

A lot of heroes and villains from the DC and Marvel universes could easily take down Transformers. Superman is one of the strongest of them all and if Spiderman could take down Megatron, then I'm pretty sure that Superman could do it.

15. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Superman

Someone close this thread?

16. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Can it be Bizzaro vs Optimus Prime instead?

17. knoted

News Credits:
    Because you're not seeing the discrepancy between the hierarchy contexts of each IP ; the proportional scale between characters within their own storylines.

In the DC/Marvel super hero universes, the super heroes and super villains basically rank superhigh on the foodchain compared to mere human warriors
    Their super powers are always the pivotal and deciding factor.

Their superpowers always puts their plot-armor on a super high scale compared to the rest.

In the story canon of Transformers, none of the TF special abilities have a truly decisive factor. Heck, ALL of the TF's have some sort of niche ability
    but they all balance out with eachother in a way more realistic and proportional manner. It's not as if Skywarp's warping ability ever put him on top of TF foodchain, has it ?

The same goes for all your other TF examples ; none of their special abilities are effective enough to reach superhero status and they can all be put in their place by just another TF with just another niche ability.
    (even Lord Chumly managed to capture quite a lot of TF's )

So, in fact.... pitting Superman versus Megatron is like pitting the Boss of all Super Heroes versus a mere general who only happens to be robotic and tall.

18. Grandum

News Credits:
    Maybe not put him on top of the TF foodchain, but on the other side Nightcrawlers teleporting would never put him on top of the X-men foodchain either. Some super powers are just weaker than others.

And I dunno if having super powers put them on a super high scale, compared to "normals" - that completely depends on the hero, I mean looking at acknowledged super heroes they range from omnipotant Beyonder to The Red Bee (his "super power" was a bee he kept in his belt)

I agree that there aren't many super ultra powerful transformers (Unicron and Primus excluded being all godlike and all) and that they are much more balanced, but I prefer to think of it as X-men vs Brotherhood of Mutants, pretty evenly matched and balanced even though both sides have super powers. Whilst bots like the no-name background bots of the comics where Straxxus was featured or when Megatron was walking around cybertron after the space bridge debakle are the normals who would stand little to no chance at all against the G1 mainline bots.

19. -Superion-

-Superion- Well-Known Member

I agree. When a character's writers struggle to find ways to make that character more vulnerable, then that character is obviously way too powerful. As for Superman vs Megatron, if Megatron found it tough to even defeat Optimus Prime and had to team up with other Decepticons (as seen in ROTF) to beat him, then I don't see why he'd have a prayer against Superman.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I need to make a Green Lantern vs Shockwave thread now.