Supergirl movie in the works

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by ShinGi, Aug 6, 2018.

1. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    The "rebrand" they went with is Worlds of DC. No shared universe for things like this or the Scorsese Joker film, until further notice I suppose.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Ah, that way they can just embrace the multiverse aspect and not have the movies connected unless they decide on specific ones. I'd like to think of this as a smart move by WB, but... well I'll just wait and see. Either way I'd love to see Supergirl done right.

3. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    As long as Hugo weaving is Brainiac, I'm fine with it.

4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

5. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Cousin, but the sentiment is nice.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No not the 80s movie but a new movie.

Why The Future Of DCEU Movies Looks Brighter Than Ever (Updated)

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
  8. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Yeah, I pretty much figured we've seen the last of Superman on the big screen for a while. From those reports about Gunn and SS2 it sounds like they're not even gonna push the character anymore until somebody with a track record approaches THEM with a pitch that they'll like (meaning, one as non-controversial and non-divisive as possible).

Supergirl, though...I'm not sure what to think, though I can understand part of WB's motivation in shouldering the Superman mythos onto Kara now (her having a TV series, a larger animated profile of late, appealing to young female moviegoers, etc.). And I also think this'd be one time where staying away from what the TV show's doing would actually be a GOOD thing.

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

They're remaking the 80's movie, to make it even cheesier and even more 80'ser?? No? damn. But, one can dream.

10. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

At this stage, I think DC would benefit from more standalone movies with minimal connection to each other. We all want to see the Justice League done right, maybe a fresh start with a new continuity of standalone films would help? Bring on the solo Supergirl movie!

...That said, I realize they're probably not abandoning their trainwreck of a cinematic universe just yet, but can't blame me for hoping.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I don't want to see the Justice League done right, wrong or at all. I only want to see well done solo, stand alone movies. I'm not even crazy about shared universe cameos. Having a shared universe on tv is one thing. The tv format more closely resembles comics. But when you only have 120 minutes to tell a coherent, meaningful story, diluting it by wasting precious minutes on unrelated baloney is a big mistake. Like if someone is the kind of person who thinks Nolan's The Dark Knight would have been even better if Flash had shown up in the middle to help beat up some of Joker's henchmen, or that Superman: The Movie would have been improved if Green Lantern made an appearance, I don't even know how to respond to that.

When I think about the Superman trilogy we could have and should have gotten, it depresses me. Not that MoS was perfect, but it was something they could have built on and turned into something great. Instead they panicked and threw it all away to jump into the shared universe pool.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dolza_Khyron

I think you could probably do like a duo movie. But, I do agree, I think at this point the solo movies are the better objection. I do like the solo MCU movies more than the Avengers' films, after all.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

Pass.

14. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    The shared universe only works if it comes later in the story, hence Marvel’s obvious success with this strategy. You just don’t have time cover interpersonal relationships AND an action film with superheroes unless you already know a good bit about the cast and your introducing a new character or two. As much as I hate Snyder MoS was his best movie, despite the Zod thing which I actually agree with him about. It could have been a better universe if they took it slowly and MoS had some amazing visuals, oh well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Duo movies seem to be in fashion, looking at del Toro's Hellboy couplet and the Platinum Dunes TMNT films; each lasted only two films then got a reboot.

16. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I hope people don't think this film is the serial coming to the big screen.

17. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    He meant duo movies as in two characters, not two installments.

18. Dolza_Khyron

Yes, duo movies. Like, two characters. Batman and Robin, Green Lantern and Green Arrow, as examples. You know, like the Batman Brave and The Bold series was all about. Pairing Batman (A much better known hero.) up with lesser known heroes, like Plastic Man. Plastic Man, who's never getting his own movie. But, combined him with a much better known hero, and there, you got a movie.

19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah, but there you got a movie that's about nothing. That's why that kind of thing works better on tv.

20. Dolza_Khyron

Of course it does, and I'd much rather have these things be done in TV shows too. But, DC seems to be obsessed with making movie announcements for films that are never happening. They seem to be in competition with Disney and their remakes list of films that are never happening.