Super7 Simpsons

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Rewind, Aug 18, 2021.

1. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Very unexpected lineup. Well, let me know if they make a Princess Kashmir figure.

2. Apeface

Apeface cares not for gophers

That is the weirdest lineup for an initial wave. I like Moe’s accessories and Astronaut Homer too. I imagine if they do regular Homer, these expressions won’t be included so you have even more head options for him. The itchy and Scratchy robots don’t really excite me. They’re not even regular versions. Poochie is kind of an ironic choice since this line may be a flop. I hope I am wrong. I love my Wos collection, but highly poseable figures would be nice.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Damnit the more I look at these the more I’m thinking that I’ll end up buying them all.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Triggerhappy

Triggerhappy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Poochie is the only one I would get from this Wave, v cool

• Like Like x 3
  6. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm so conflicted. If this was a show that ended in 1995 I'd probably be all in too like every other 3 season cartoon I'm spending hundreds of dollars on. But since they're still making episodes and I haven't seen one in forever I'm like meh. But also because these are from really memorable episodes I'm like yeah all in!

I feel lucky to live near an actual Super7 store, so with a lot of their releases lately, I feel like I should just go see them when they're released and take a look.

• Like Like x 2
  7. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

Moe is kind of tempting, just because of the panda. But I think that the more cartoony the character designs, the more important a matte finish is. Shiny plastic will ruin these figures. From what I recall, their Ren and Stimpy figures weren't too glossy, but the yellow skin on Simpsons characters reminds me of April O'Neal's jumpsuit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hawkwave

Hawkwave Well-Known Member

With the ungodly amount of simpsons characters there is no reason they should be doing obscure or alt versions of characters.

I'd get the moe and maybe poochy thats it from that wave, but if thats how they are going to release waves it will be years before you get anything close to a core roster.

9. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Those are kind of cool, bu tnot $50 cool. I'd pay $20 for them.

However, that is an odd choice of characters. Like why not do the main family first in their regular clothes?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    Poochie needs to be repacked in every wave.

And every character who isn't Poochie needs to have a label on their packaging, covering their face, that reads "Where's Poochie?"

~L~

• Like Like x 4
  11. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    Wow! Awesome choices for wave one! Space, robots, 90s extreme!

I want all of them but Moe. He is the least interesting one, although if I were to choose a 'basic', it would be a standard Moe I suppose.

I'll think this over... as always with Super 7, $50+ a pop for something I causally have an interest in is a bit steep.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    Those itchy and scratch robots make me want a robot devil

• Like Like x 1
  13. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    As burnt as I might be on the show…I still have to admit that it would be fun to recreate these scenes…

90470C85-A5AA-4BC5-9AEF-CA9B8FC8EA2D.png 39363D9F-BE5B-446D-A54F-F22F8179200D.png 44215FD4-86BD-4D9A-ADD9-6BB24DF794D7.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    55 dollars for a Bort license plate? I understand the demand for Bort license plates, but Christ!

• Like Like x 1
  15. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

Has the Simpson's been particularly successful as a toyline since the Playmates days? Seems like we've seen McFarlane and Neca lines fail since then because the franchise was so done. How these can succeed at $55 each I don't know.

I am currently binge watching the show with my 8 and 5 year olds. They love it, and despite how many times I've seen the episodes, the early seasons still make me laugh. Just have to stop at the right place. For me, I'll always think of the Tomacco episode as the place to stop, being the last funny episode I remember. It was going down before that, but the 20 years of garbage that followed is unwatchable to me.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Super7 Ultimates are small runs and made to order, they don’t need to worry about that stuff as much as the toy lines you see hanging out in Target and WalMart. If it tanks, they don’t make more. If it’s successful, they can do more runs and more waves. They’ve found a formula that works really well for them.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Although their Disney line is doing stuff from Robin Hood rather than mickey etc. From interviews it sounds like they’re more interested in doing what they find cool than the thing that might shift the most. And with the preorder model, I guess that’s a lot less risky. Have to say, I’ve no temptation to get these or any other past or possible simpsons figures, but I do love that this is what they’ve led with. Watching the clips people have posted here is so bittersweet! It was so good!

18. HunterGreen2005

HunterGreen2005 In-Stock

News Credits:
    They should’ve gracefully ended the show years ago.

I also can’t recall one memorable episode in the past 20 years.

My favorite episode of all time has got to be the one where Bart, Millhouse, and Martin pool their money together to get Radioactive Man issue number 1 or the episode where Home skips church/makes his ‘Moon Waffles”.

Edit: Three Men and a Comic Book, and Homer the Heretic. Best. two. episodes. ever. :p 

• Like Like x 3
  19. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Last I would consider a classic is possibly "Husbands and Knives", and that's much more for the opening plot of Jack Black as a rival comic book store owner and the other guest voices of Alan Moore, Art Spiegelman, and Dan Clowes as themselves than the main plot, and that was way back in Season 19 in 2008! I liked the first Kumiko episode too, but that's much more of an exception than a rule.

20. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Tomacco and the Chili cook-off episode stick out for me. Guatemalan insanity peppers…grown by the inmates of a Guatemalan insane asylum…lol…. Gimme Homer in those cowboy boots, that hand carved wooden spoon, beer, a cauldron of chili, some insanity peppers and a candle.