Super Smash Bros for Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by pinoy78, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Lacimehc

Lacimehc Tastes like medicine

So many people overly salty about Byleth being added... Honestly the two swordfighters were the only DLC characters I really liked.

While I would've expected a non-Nintendo character to be added like the first four, I'm still pretty happy with Byleth here. Three Houses was easily one of the best games of 2019 and obviously they were gonna add a character from it. They're gonna add a new Pokemon from Sword/Shield too.

• Like Like x 3
  2. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    You know what's funny? Byleth looks like the first DLC character I really want to main.
    In my opinion, Waluigi needs to be in a bigger game than Mario party and the dance dance crossover for me to want him. I say if they do another Wario game, then have Waluigi tag along.

It's a bit hypocritical compared to Geno though, who has only been in one game and got a cameo in another, but his fanbase has been clamoring for him much longer than

• Like Like x 1
  3. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Eh I don't mind there being another Fire Emblem or sword based fighter in Smash... that's my jam! Lucina is my main and I play the hell out of Chrom & Corrin as well so I'm excited to play as another Fire Emblem character.

But now I feel I should try out other Fire Emblem games not named Awakening & Heroes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy In the Air Tonight, Oh loooord

I never understood why people want Geno.
    He's literally a one-off character from a spinoff game. He looks cool, but I never saw the appeal.
    Hell if their gonna add Geno, at least add Mallow. That's like if they added Wario and not- OH WAIT!

5. marvel b

News Credits:
    I never understood why they want either Waluigi or Geno. I never had a personal connection to Geno but his lore is cool. While I love Waluigi and his weird personality, he needs to be in sonething bigger than just party games and a weird dancing crossover for me to want him in.

Honestly, I kind of hope both of them make it in for their fans, but i see Geno being a better bet due to Waluigi's status as an assist trophy. They could break that rule anytime, but that's where I stand in this debacle.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Byleth looks good, liking that she actually uses different weapons. I could think of characters more rewarding to me, like Cia or someone from Monster Hunter or even a Polteageist, but heck, I like how this one does so it's all good.

• Like Like x 1
  7. unsnaggedtea76

unsnaggedtea76 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm kind of mixed on this. On one hand, I don't mind Byleth joining since Sakurai was working hard to bring us more characters with the all the problems he has to face. On the other hand, I'd rather Byleth had been added as a fighter in Smash 6 since we have a dozen FE fighters already.

At least Sakurai had the right idea to make Byleth a swordsman who could differentiate themselves from the rest.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

I mean, in the bright side, since he basically got most of the third houses representatives in one go, he sorta did the fire emblem quota, which will help him focus more on other franchises for Smash Season 2.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

The new update is looking good,

but wow, 6 more fighters, a lot of potential there.

What are your guys picks for them.

1. I'm going to go with Intelleon (lots of potential for movesets including wings, sword tail, finger water guns, invisibility and gigantamax final) for the new Pokemon gen representative. But I could also see Rillaboom be a surprise representative too. Its more of a fighter in looks, would stand out as a grass starter which hasn't been done for a solo fighter and could handle like Donkey Kong mixed with Inciniroar.

2. Jack Bros, more SMT reps and from one of the best games from the Virtual Boy. Could be easily handled like the Ice Climbers and Rosalina & Luma, with Ripper Jack possibly coming in for their final smash.

3. Professor Layton (even could do alt skins for his daughter who also has a game), for some more portable gaming representing. Being one of the best and loved DS franchises. His moveset could come from his various skills and talents. Such as fencing, his slot machine gun or even using some artifacts or puzzles from the game for an attack.

4. Morrigan from Darkstalkers, as a Capcom rep and bringing in another big figthing game into the smash roster. Also another leading lady in gaming history and culture add to the female fighters. If they can make Bayonetta work, I'm sure they can make her work too. But then again he did say no to Shiranui. If not her, then maybe Amaterasu as another capcom rep. She'd handle like a Fire Emblem Duck Hunt Dog with fighting style and powers.

5. Not a really a proper one, but I feel like at least of these next ones will either be a character from a new game within this time or someone we just don't expect at all.

6. Geno, end with a bang.

Mii Costumes for Primid, Hollow Knight, Nier Automata or perhaps any of the above.

Of course all wishful thinking and probably none of these are making it in, but let's see!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Wooloo for smash!

• Like Like x 1
  11. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    The only character I really want is Rex from Xenoblade 2. The Xenoblade series only has Shulk. It’s still a young Nintendo IP and I think adding another character could help promote games especially the new Remaster of 1. There’s a lot you can do with him. You can have him with just Pyra/Mythra (Skin change) or have him work like Pokémon Trainer and have 3 different fighting types between his blades. One obviously being Pyra/ Mythra. Final smash can be Pyra’s 3rd stage.

12. marvel b

News Credits:
    I'd love all of those costumes!

I'll add a Wooloo hat, Steve outfit for Swordfighter, and Master Chief outfit for Gunner.

The only gen 8 rep that matters.

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

1. A Palico from Monster Hunter, both to represent the series and add a fighter who ain’t another human. Here’s to kitty cats!

2. An 8th Gen Pokemon. One of the starters is a safe bet, likely Rillaboom to add a final form grass type. But honestly, I’d love something like Polteageist, just something totally wacky :D 

3. I’d like to see Spyro get in. Cheerful purple dragon, 3rd party fun, contests edgy evil Ridley, it’d be great.

4. Medusa of Kid Icarus. With the other arch enemies like King K and Ridley getting in, gotta add in the Goddess of Darkness to conflict with Palutena’s light!

5. CIA of Hyrule Warriors. Another Zelda rep who isn’t a Link variant, the magical sorceress to contrast Ganondorf’s brute force.

6. How about Krystal of star Fox? I like the contrast between her magic talents and staff skill against the others with their technological marvels

• Like Like x 3
  14. Tigran

Tigran Well-Known Member

Wooloo for Smash!

I'd actually argue for Linkle as well. She isn't -really- a variant of link and being crossbow focused could be a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    As someone who doesn't plan to buy a Switch soon but appreciates the game anyway;

1). Shantae. Yep, I'm one of those Shantae fanboys. Dance through the Danger!

2). Chun Li. I think out of all the remaining Capcom characters, The First Lady of Fighting Games deserves it the most.

3). Waluigi. I'm not exactly a big fan of the character, more for sympathy for his fans and further complete the Mario roster

4). Wart. Wart from Super Mario Bros.2/Doki Doki Panic/Mario Bros USA. That one is a obsession of mine, and would love to see callbacks and cameos from the Mario 2 game.

5). Team Rocket Trio (Jesse, James, and Meowth ((and Wobbuffet))). It'll be fun!

6). Pusheen. For my non-videogame WTF entry.

Honorable Mention: Zangief. I'm a Capcom grappler fan, and it'll give Incineroar a rival. I'd also consider Rainbow Mika with Nadeshiko, but they'd probably wouldn't make it for similar reasons as Mai Shiranui.

• Like Like x 2
  16. marvel b

News Credits:
    You guys have convinced me. I will not rest (tonight) until i post the full Wooloo Smash fighter info! I already have most of the attacks and small details settled, so when I get home, expect to be surprised with what i came up with!!!

edit: Done. it's in that thread where we make movesets for our favorite characters.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  17. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Someone's already sussed it;

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. Eric

Eric Dreadnought of Floof

News Credits:
    In no particular order...

1. Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden - As far as I'm aware of, he's one of the last popular characters from the NES era that hasn't gotten an invite. He's a pretty safe choice, and his moves from both the Ninja Gaiden series as well as the Dead or Alive series would be more than enough to fill out his moveset.
    2. Geno from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - Sakurai's wanted this character since Brawl. There is a fanbase for him that's been begging for his inclusion for many years. I think it's time to make that wish come true.
    3. Medusa from Kid Icarus - Specifically, her appearance in Kid Icarus Uprising. Since characters in Ultimate can't have their moves customized like they did back in Smash 4, have Medusa take the custom moves Palutena doesn't have in her moveset and make her a semi-clone. Besides, King K. Rool, Dark Samus, and Ridley have joined the likes of Bowser, Ganondorf, and to a lesser extent King Dedede as far as villains are concerned; let Pit's archenemy join too.
    4. Doom Slayer from Doom - The one western character pick for me. Wolfenstein may have been the progenitor of the First-Person-Shooter genre, but Doom was THE Grand-daddy of FPS games. The Doom Slayer (or Doomguy or Doom Marine, whatever you want to call him) is a well-known video game icon, and despite his M-rated history, he'd fit right at home in Smash alongside Snake, Joker, and Bayonetta.
    5. Monster Hunter from Monster Hunter - It's weird how we have Rathalos in Smash as a boss, yet no Monster Hunter to slay it. I'll admit that I barely know anything about the Monster Hunter series, except that it's very popular. Got nothing else to say on this one. *Shrugs*

I honestly could only come up with five that I think have a real shot at this. No sixth pick from me.

• Like Like x 1
  19. marvel b

News Credits:
    Alright, guys. Question time. What if the reason we don't have the Geno costume is because they're tweaking it to fit a role similar to Sans and Cuphead as a premium costume with a song from Mario RPG?

If this happens, then i can definitely see Waluigi getting that extra Mario spot I predicted before.

20. Eric

Eric Dreadnought of Floof

News Credits:
    If Geno's a premium costume like Sans and Cuphead, there will be quite a few salty people, as there were when Byleth was revealed.

I love Super Smash Bros., but wow, some of the fans take this shit way too seriously. Let Sakurai do what he wants; it's his game.

• Like Like x 1