Super Ion & 3rd Party Information From BOTCON 2012

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by DESTRO, Apr 28, 2012.

1. defstar

defstar Autobot...

They better spit out Computron first lol...or at least MT better...gotta have me some Technobots!...

2. adambman

adambman Well-Known Member

Yeah it looks like there's hints of a cool design and to say the least TFC have seemd to have advanced past the blocky style/structure that suited the Hercules figures.

I'm not sure if anyone else has bothered posting this, but if this Super Ion image is much to go by, it looks like TFC really like releasing the right arms of combiners first! :D 

3. Oh_Slag

Oh_Slag Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am just excited that they seem to be keeping with the G1 aesthetic on Super Ion better than on Herc. Nothing wrong with Herc, I just think the Superion Maximus on top of the Power core Superion left much to be desired. Plus, how many of us have been waiting for a nice looking F-4 Phantom (Fireflight) transformer?

Bring on the preorders!

4. TCJJ

TCJJ 116% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Great, now I'm going to have to try to resist buying ANOTHER huge combiner. I only JUST managed to resist buying Hercules (and I'm still tempted just to buy Dr. Crank and/or Mad Blender).

That Arcee.... oh sorry, I mean "RC", looks pretty neat, but I'm still on the fence about it. I need to see more of it. Maybe a video would help.

Also, I don't care about Power Core Combiners but.... I kinda want those limbs.... Oh look, they did a better job than Hasbro did on PCCs. How surprising.

5. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ugh... see sig.

6. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Clever, Super Ion

7. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    my fave post of the day!

8. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Definite buy.. Can't wait for this. Hoping it isn't all voyager & thus not $100 a pop.

9. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I'd buy a Voyager-sized F-4 Phantom TF just to have a big transforming F-4 Phantom. Being a combiner limb just makes it even better. So glad I passed on Hercules, now I can afford this. :)  :) 

10. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I'd guess not-Fireflight will be about the same size as Prime Dreadwing then - or perhaps a wee bit smaller.

Which would be good if it encouraged some one to make G1ish Voyager Seekers to match them.

I hope they do lots of pre-release testing this time around.

And I'm still waiting on those Starcats toys too.

I wonder if they are thinking of doing 4 Deluxes and a Old size Voyager/Old Ultra or 4 Modern small size Voyagers and 1 Weaponizer size Silverbolt.

Some might wonder if you even need a new Silverbolt or just the 4 limbs and some kibble to put on the pre-existing Universe toy.

I also wonder if they might consider hiding the robot kibble a bit more in vehicle mode than the originals did just to make nicer looking plane modes.

Should be good toy though 'I Hope'. as at least 4 out of the 6 Hercules bits were decent enough - production errors aside)

I wonder if they will make people go crazy by making it in G2 colours first ?

11. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    I've long thought that any "new" version of Silverbolt would work very well if they made him an XB-70 instead of a Concorde---same overall look, but a good bit more "mass" in which to stuff robot mode parts. Proportionately, an XB-70 has 2 or even 3 times as much "bulky underside bits" than a Concorde does. I mean, it's got a bomb-bay for starters, and 50% more engines.

I do fear that Silverbolt may be a giant mass of robot kibble with a jet on his back in jet mode--even more so than most other jet-TF's. Simply because a Concorde is so skinny all around---you just can't pack all the arms and legs into the engine nacelles alone. But an XB-70 has much more room to work with.

12. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    Wasn't TFC just showing Images of Computron, and someone else (Bruticus???). Why are they going with Superion?

I'm slightly disappointed.

13. Raiju

Raiju Kaiju Mod Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The timing of this new Superion/Aerialbots announcement is pretty coincidental since I've been thinking of picking up the Henkei/United version of Ultra Silverbolt. Obviously I'll hold out for TFC's version of Silverbolt now instead.

Although Superion/Aerialbots aren't my favorite gestalt/combiner team (that would be Bruticus/Combaticons), I do likes me some jet-formers (especially since I'm in the US Air Force). I suppose the Aerialbots weren't my favorite due to the fact that most of their bot modes simply had them wearing all the plane-parts on their back as kibble, and their transformations weren't nearly as involved or well thought out as the Seekers, for example. Still, color me interested in this new project.

14. TFao

TFao Well-Known Member

For a second there, I thought you were making a TFC/Herc joke. lol.

A TFC Omega Supreme and Predaking are what I am asking the 3rd Party Fairy for.

15. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist Well-Known Member

i hope tfc read that. :) 

16. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    It best to leave scale out of it. Even TFC fucked up. They based their Devastator on enormous construction vehicles.

17. Predaking000

Predaking000 Well-Known Member

In and of itself, the Henkei Silverbolt was a fantastic toy (almost worth it just for the G1 transformation sound chip alone). But I could never get over the fact that it couldn't combine.

Just based on Devastator, between MakeToys and TFC, I much prefer MT's aesthetics, but I'm looking forward to the full reveal of Super-Ion. If this ends up being the only Superion made, it'll wind up on my shelf.

18. DavidLoPan

DavidLoPan Well-Known Member

This definitely gave me a boner.

19. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Seconded, I want me some arialbots but I need's me a good Omega to counter Herc.

20. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I hope they are slightly smaller than the herc bots, I know planes should be bigger but I'd like to have them closer scale with my classic seekers, or at least not much taller than the larger DLX tf if a little bulkier with silverbolt being clearly larger and I could totally live with him not being a concord.