Super Bowl XL (X-tra Large) Discussion - Game, Commercials, Everything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rattrap007, Feb 5, 2006.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  2. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

What about the Fed-Ex Caveman? Best of the whole show to me...

1. FedEX
    2. Burger King
    3. Nationwide Airplaine
    4. Macguyver Mastercard

3. King Starscream

King Starscream <b><font color=blue>The Royal Seeker</font></b> Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, first off, congrats to the Steelers. Didn't matter who outgained who or who had a worse QB rating. In the end the stat that mattered was the final score. Now aside from the poor performance by some of the Seahawks starters (Jeramy Stevens, I'm looking at you) and lousy clock management, I was even more pissed by the officiating. The barely there offensive pass interference call on Jackson that turned a TD into a FG and the barely made it TD run by Big Ben. The most disgusting series of calls that killed it for the Seahawks and any hope of a comeback was first, the phantom holding call on Locklear, which led to the interception two plays later which led to the worst called play: Hasselbeck's below the knee block, which was clearly a tackle on the guy running the ball.

Okay, vent over.

Now that the seasons it's time to play the 'will Alexander stay or go' game as well as that thing called the draft. My only hope is that the Seahawks don't suffer the same fate of the last 5 Super Bowl losers and take a nosedive the next season. Their defense has a lot of potential and if the offense manages to stick together, they have a shot of earning a trip to XLI.

The commercials were okay, but nothing really memorable. The Annheuser Busch commercials were some of the best of the lot. The worst included the Burger King dancing condiments, and the Hummer baby monster.

4. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Unrestricted free agent; I wouldn't bet on it. He says he 'would like to come back to the Seahawks,' but his MVPness is likely to set off a mad scramble that might be more interesting than the order in which Bush, Leinart and Young go in the draft.

5. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

Better than the commercials, and I'm suprised no one has mentioned it yet, was half time. Rolling Stones rocked, but I wish they had played It's Only Rock and Roll.

It was badass when the tongue rolled up and revealed the jam-packed pit.

6. Devastator001

Devastator001 Prepare for Devastation TFW2005 Supporter

I thought the half time show really sucked this year. I was talking to quite a few people in the office I work and the general concensus is the half time show with the Rolling Stones didn't live up to their expectations. One even commented that Mick forgot some of the words to some of the songs he sang during the half time show. It is my humble opinion; the folks in NFL really have to take a good look in the mirror and realize the Super Bowl as a whole was not the best all around.

7. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I am not sure how much cap room 49ers have this offseason but they can conceivably sign Shaun Alexander and draft some OT help as well as getting a few linemen through FA and build the offense around him. He's the most talented running back in the league and it'd be quite a coup if 49ers can get him to face his old team a couple of times a year.

8. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Moderator

News Credits:
    Now you know how I feel. Did you see my Eagles in the Super Bowl last year? :banghead: 

9. undertaker

undertaker Deadman's Disciple

News Credits:
    ABC or the NFL decided that the godaddy.com commercial wasn't appropriate, so they censored it. The uncensored version wasn't anything funny, though, either. The stuff cut from the commercial: Candice Michelle gyrating on the guy's desk for another 10 seconds or so after her other strap snaps off (not funny, but ... it's Candice :thumbs2:  ).

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I slept through half of it, then woke up and played Perfect Dark.
    Did'nt really care for it either, or the teams that played.
    Too bad I missed the commercials.