Super Bowl XL (X-tra Large) Discussion - Game, Commercials, Everything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rattrap007, Feb 5, 2006.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Steelers Win!!!! Whoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! :rock  :rock  :rock 

2. misterd

misterd Multifaceted nerd

Game was okay, but I Think the commercials had some of the best depth in years. Not sure there was the one standout, but there were a number of them that I liked.

On the sentimental side, I think the clear winner was the Budweiser colt. It was the only sappy commercial that really worked splendidly (Kermit was close), so I think all the softies will sweep this one into the winner's circle.

On the humor side we had a lot of contenders (most cashing in on pain and suffering), so that vote will probably be split, giving the nod to the sentimental clydesdale spot. The funny ads that made me chuckle: the bud-lite bear, the chick getting tackled, the dad pronounced dead (not as good as last year's bloody cat commercial, but still funny), the guys on the roof, the streaking sheep, magic fridge, McGuyver, Jackie Chan.

I would say the four best were the young Clydesdale, the bear, dead dad, and tackled chick.

I must say Godaddy dropped the ball. Last year's ad may have been a big hit, but now it's a distant memory without enough juice to really do a sequel, even if it was well done (and this one wasn't).

The H3 commercial was lame, and it's old. Not a good way to spend those Super Bowl $.

And I should have liked the FedEx commercial, seeing as I love most things dino, but the cavedudes just creeped me out a little too much.

3. optimus_primus

optimus_primus Well-Known Member

STEELERS!!!!!!! :rock  :rock  :rock 

4. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

Good job Steelers!!

And I really liked the hummer 3 one, but I had never seen it before. That one, the chick getting tackled ("you were open and now you are closed!" :lol  ), the fedex dino, and the bud colt one were my favorites. I was entertained by the commercials, and that is what counts in my book.

5. Rokkit 2.0

Rokkit 2.0 Nay, we are but men.

I like the cell phone/theft deterrent commercial.

Seahawks had so many chances to be in this game, and blew it.

6. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yay

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah the "theft deterrent cell-phone" commercial was funny. Congrats to the Steelers. It was nice to see Bettis go out on top and Cowher finally get a ring.

8. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I went into the game rooting for the Seahawks, mostly because I didn't want the Steelers to win after beating out the Broncos. However, I ended the game being glad that they won. They were out there playing some really good football. That, and the Seahawks were playing pretty dirty IMO. My favorite commercial was the dinosaur one. That one was great.

9. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    bah

there were so many bad calls against seattle it was insane

very uneventful game IMO

the Super Bowl's really lost its luster

10. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Anybody else think it was kind of a boring game? Two teams without much playoff experience bumbling around, making mistakes, one happening to score more off the other's mistakes...kinda like sex in high school.

11. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    I missed the first half, and just watched the recap on the news, and yeah...it was ridiculous the number of bad calls. It should have been a MUCH closer game.

12. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

in my opinion, the nfl, even the superbowl, just does not have the heart, that once made them good, because all they care about is if they get that big pay check or not, it's not the same as college football, which will always have that heart, that pro ball, will never have, that goes the same with all pro sports to non-pro, in my opinion, pro sports just aren't as good as they used to be, and it is all that money thing.

13. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

At least New England Patriots didn't win this year. God I am so sick of them winning every year. Hopefully next year will not be their year either.

14. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

None of the calls against the Seahawks made it seem like the refs were intentionally favoring the Steelers, the Seahawks just made a few bad moves in front of officials.

I thought that the offensive pass interference that took back the Seahawks first touchdown was a pretty good call. It wasn't big enough that it would have been noticed if it weren't for the official standing right in front of them.

That hitting a blocker below the waist call against Hasselbeck was a stupid call though, it was quite obvious that he was going for the tackle, not trying to take out the blocker.

Steelers pleased me with some of the fancy plays they ran. The quarterback sneak with Ben to convert on the 3rd down followed by the back sweep pass that El Randel threw was amazing.

As for the commercials, I think Bud clearly won the night. Aside from the Bud commercials and the one commercial where the doctor killed the fly with the defib and said "Well that killed him" right as the family came in all the other commercials were kind of stupid.

15. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:

Year old? That was the first I've seen of it. Oh, well...I didn't think it was that great.

And congrats to the Steelers, you guys deserved it. I was rooting for the Seahawks but they just shot themselves in the foot, if you ask me. Dropping passes left and right, and missed field goals definitely ain't gonna help you win a Super Bowl. :banghead: 

16. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've seen it MANY times.. It is not new.. Not new at all...

17. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

No nipple slip this year? What a gip.

18. Nephthys

Nephthys Banned

And I missed on the joy of wanting to see Keith Richard's nipples.
    not :p 

19. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, all they had was a group of geriatric British guys.

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Boring!