Super 7 Transformers Ultimates

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Slender102, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    I could almost understand that if these figures actually looked good in the first place

• Like Like x 2
  2. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    It's strange both RED and this exist, although not quite as strange as NECA TMNT (movie, video game, cartoon series, comic book) and the Super7 TMNT Ultimates (playmates toy recreation at 7" scale) co-existing.

I had really hoped that this and RED were a way for Hasbro to sneak in Action Masters and non-traditional characters across the border, free of the requirements of Generations. But that's plainly not the case. Banzai-Tron is not good. It is definitely Banzaitron. A very literal recreation of Banzai Tron. And I think that's the problem. It turns out he does need the embeleshments a CHUG figure would provide.

Cancelling my pre-order. I'm down to just Bludgeon and Tarn now. Blugeon I'll likely keep because the ROTF figure just never worked for me, even though I have the old Headrobots addon kit. Tarn is as likely as we're ever to get an official figure, since Hasbro doesn't want to make one of him for some reason.

It's a real commentary on how far we have come. I remember 20 years ago when people went absolutely apeshit for Takara's SCF and Mega SCF. Now a super-cartoon accurate 7" Optimus Prime figure from one of the best toy companies elicits a collective shrug.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    I'm a tiny bit disappointed that Razor Sharp is not articulated at all. I was never expecting much, but I was hoping for some incidental swivels to raise the claws, or something.

Guess this means there's no chance of Needler having a secret removable head, to be worn as a helmet by Bombshell.

Overall, I think Ultimates Banzai-tron is exactly what I was expecting, being the least exciting of the three wave 1 characters I pre-ordered.

Looking forward to seeing more of Starscream's ghost, especially compared against Studio Series Scourge.

~L~

4. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    My problem with these and Super7 is that the figures suffer from the Simpsons look. The Simpsons is a very basic cartoon and primary art style. Even though G1 has it's bad moments I still remember G1 from Transformers the movie where more detail is evident. Its the same for the G.I. Joe 7's. I don't ever remember the characters looking so basic but rather having more detail.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shattered Trousers

Shattered Trousers That thing Ratchet needed.

News Credits:
    I just realised, if Razor-Sharp is one solid piece and Needler probably is too, it's very unlikely that Nickel will have any articulation either.
    Not even shoulder swivels.

That's kind of a bummer.

~L~

• Like Like x 2
  6. shellformer

shellformer @

RED is a retailer exclusive line and this isn't. I have no idea where anyone outside of the US would even buy RED. Additionally, this is more specifically aimed at the deep end fans with a smaller quantity of stranger characters made.

7. Beemer

Beemer Coined "Sunbowner" TM (C) R

News Credits:
    Today's topic: Craption Masters or Action Crapsters? Craption Crapsters? Talk amongst yourselves.

8. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

I'd argue the original Action Master looks sharper and sleeker, by comparison this new Banzai-Tron looks somewhat bloated and mushy. The more pronounced shoulder pads are kinda cool, but that's about it.

As someone who has a soft spot for post-1986 G1 I really wanted to like this guy, but he just doesn't seem be worth the price of admission. Oh well, the upcoming Legacy Jhiaxus does scratch my fringe weirdo itch rather nicely. Who knows, maybe we might even get to see some Action Master\G1.5 love in Generations yet.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Senator Magnificus

Senator Magnificus Decepticlone: Politician, Scientist & Fugitive.

YouTube (Old):
    I'd give anything, even my imaginary firstborn, to hear James Sie voice him in a cartoon.

10. zoidiect

zoidiect Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    In Malaysia we can buy RED from our local Toysrus, supermarkets, hobby shops and even directly from Hasbro Malaysia. In the contrary, very few independent shops bring in Super 7 stuff to us lmao

• Like Like x 1
  11. STRAKER454

STRAKER454 Police Box Traveler

It's a neat figure and I'm fine with the sculpt and I would be interested with a non-transforming modern Action Master...but Razor Sharp being a big piece of unusable plastic that can't interact with the base figure, and isn't articulated is just pointless. Oh well, maybe Hasbro will put Action Masters in the RED line.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pteraxadon

Pteraxadon RirFib supporting pterosaur

Took them a year to ship but okay 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Oniconvoy

Oniconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Razor Sharp is disappointing. Not sure what they were thinking there. It would almost be cheaper to have him disassemble, even if he didn’t have a spring. Seems like an odd choice.

• Like Like x 3
  14. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Got my shipping notice from S7 for the wave. Looking forward to these.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see this is the point where everybody completely ignored what the Ultimates line offers suddenly realizes these are exactly that and not whatever they arbitrarily made up in their head.

• Like Like x 6
  16. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know what you're trying to say, but the Ultimates line offers a huge variety now, and most of their human figures have a better range of articulation than these guys. On the flip side, these are exactly what was shown for the past year of marketing, but they always avoided showing the actual range of articulation. So, people still have the right to be disappointed and express that. If I were Super 7, I would like to know what people liked and disliked about a release to try to do better in the future.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Dark Jedi

Dark Jedi Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hopefully Bludgeon is super articulated.

18. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I love the design and detail, but it's a shame that Razor-Sharp it's just a block of plastic. As other mentioned here, for the price, you may feel it's not worth. It should have come with a lot more accessories at least.

I pre-ordered Cobra Commander which I think it will work since he doesn't need much articulation for the character he is and he's packed with tons of accessories. I also pre-ordered G2 Megatron but I'm now evaluating if I should cancel him or not. Waiting for more pics and reviews of other figures.

19. shellformer

shellformer @

There's not much reason to believe he's going to be. Hyper-articulation is not a goal of this line and none of the other figures are better articulated than what you'd expect from the renders shown.

20. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    I have no connection to the character but I really dig this design.