Super 7 Transformers Ultimates

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Slender102, Jan 28, 2021.

1. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    No, frankly this is WAY more than Super7 normally shows. They've never released entire wave names before like they did a couple days ago or showed off the Prime prototype. You're not going to find out that type of information on a future release now, but knowing S7 I think that's something they'd work in.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Moos Crew

Moos Crew I make stuff

RED line looked horrible. These look interesting.

3. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

Even as a piece of crap gray resin prototype that's falling apart it looks better than the RED Prime.

• Like Like x 4
  4. KJ_81

KJ_81 The Fourth Datsun Brother

Again, with respect, that's not how things happened.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
  5. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    It's not that I don't think S7 has good intentions. The concern is that (as is generally known) Hasbro doesn't allow licensees to do Transformers toys that can actually convert. I'm scared that Razor-Sharp will fall victim to that bit of legalese.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    okay well you continue believing he’s not a fan and is only doing transformers for a paycheck and doesn’t really care about them because you don’t like the way certain figures look and I’ll continue believing he’s an avid fan especially since he’s been drawing transformers comics since the early 2000s and has even thrown in obscure fan favorite characters in his works. obviously not a fan if he does things like that right?

• Like Like x 3
  7. KJ_81

KJ_81 The Fourth Datsun Brother

Woah, back up, you're putting a TONNE of words in my mouth there. I said I don't think he was a fan BEFORE coming onto the franchise. BEFORE. And that how you chronicled him joining IDW is not how it happened.

And I 'don't like the way certain figures look'? I said no such thing and I'd appreciate it if you didn't pull supposed things I've said from your arse. Thank you.

That's all.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  8. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have that concern too, but since that high end Soundwave from the BB movie got a "foldable" Ravage and Flame Toys is doing a weaponizer Victory Leo for their Star Saber, I think "accesory" figures can get away with simple transformations.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Synth

Synth Well-Known Member

Makes sense Super7 is not pleased with R.E.D. It shows consumers that product can be made at a fraction of the cost (2 3/4%) at $20 vs the high price of $55 Super7 is offering them at.
    They are in different scales and aesthetics and all but also the same type of product offered for mass retail store as hard to find exclusive VS elitist priced online only with an extra licence to be paid. 
    If the price would be reasonable at all it would be no more than $30...
    Mattycollector started the $20 action figure. Super7 completely ruins it at going for a whopping $55...
    Now if only there was a product like this which would be in scale with War for Cybertron...

I am very interested in non transformable G1 vehicles in 1:64 scale.
    Jada Toys offers some... but scale is all over the place.

10. Jeddostotle7

Jeddostotle7 Well-Known "Member"

Again:
    The reason the price is $55 is because these are most likely made in way lower quantity than mass retail stuff like RED. If these were being made at quantities like RED, they'd be $20-30. But they're probably not, so they probably can't afford to price them that low.

• Like Like x 6
  11. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Looks good so far. I bet he will blow away the ReAction, the Gokin, & the mega SFC from TT. I'm stoked I only got Prime but maybe next month I'll get Starscream. It's a bitch ordering year in advance with no real definition of what you gonna get.

Looks like has pull down hip joints. Which could explain those soliciting pics shown i.e. basketball & surfing shots. But I'm guessing at release it'll be better than shown. But as always some will bitch, some will praise. :lol 

Nah bro. It's a at the top of the leg/right next to the hip. Universal with real thigh swivel not a above the knee swivel my friend. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  12. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Closest we’ve had so far is Three Zero Ravage that can become a rectangle and fit in Soundwave’s chest, and Flame Toys Victory Leo, which is really just breaking apart to become armor for Star Saber.

13. SmokePants

SmokePants Well-Known Member

I was hoping for drop down hips, but I don't think that video confirmed them. The whole thing was friction fit resin -- the leg probably just fell out when he tried to articulate it. I'm afraid they're going to allow hip movement by simply making the skirt out of soft plastic. A drop down mechanism seems too advanced for Super7.

The basketball and surfing shots are BS. His shoulders do not operate as shown in those pics. There's no butterfly to cross his arm over his torso and the only way his arms can raise laterally is if his shoulders shrug, but those photos are all shrug-free. They're just physics-ignoring CG renders.

I think these will be great despite the articulation limitations, though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I only realised after the video that the pics can’t be showing actual articulation. Doesn’t seem a wise thing to do from their POV, given how many articulation questions they’ve had.

• Like Like x 1
  15. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Where did they say this?

I completely agree. I was wondering if they were using CGI magic, which in the collector world for solicitations is definitely frowned upon in many cases. I'm kinda annoyed tbh. I just don't think Brian really gets being a collector like a big fan besides his job & his own interests possibly. Which is fine, he's a nice guy imo, but it shows.

• Like Like x 2
  16. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Plus a flower and his firearm/small pistol of course. Maybe even a small pool of golden lagoon electrum with a swap out hand that's inside it. Oh also thanks! Yeah I know that episode. I watched it as a 9 year old quite memorable on my 3 channel TV back in day. It's the amalgam I was unsure of.

No not "confirmed" @SmokePants unfortunately, your not wrong. Unwaivering as it is to think they'd keep the mattel level of engineering your not wrong. However I bet they will surprise us & they'll be a upgrade in development. I got Prime, I'll be in for Tracks possiby Wreck Gar, Megs, & I'm thinking about Screamer. Pretenders are definitely cool. For Action Masters I'll stick with smaller phones.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  17. Xyphos

Xyphos Well-Known Member

Non transforming? Pass

18. smkheidze

smkheidze sideswipe and sideswipe and even more sideswipe.

People crawling out from under their rocks I see....

• Like Like x 2
  19. mciver977

mciver977 He'll rip out your optics.

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Non Transforming? Yes please.

20. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    I'm excited to see that t-Rex mode Grimlock!