Super 7 Transformers Ultimates

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Slender102, Jan 28, 2021.

1. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I like Super7 but don't buy them for "super" articulation. Like their Conan figures, none of them are going to two hand a sword and stuff like that. They're great toys and fun, but you're not going to be using them to create stop motion animation fights. They will generally choose aesthetics over articulation.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hooper_X

Hooper_X pro wrestling, anti fascism

I am tentatively VERY interested in Tarn, but will need to see at least some kind of a render or preliminary sculpt before I pull the trigger. Banzai-Tron having already been out by then will also help, as I'll be able to see the overall quality of the line. (Banzai-Tron is the only other one I feel any particular urge for, what with him already being a Monoformer).

Otherwise these are kind of in the same category as Funko Pops or whatever - just more GEEWUN PRODUCT.

• Like Like x 3
  3. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

As far as looks go, Id say they are pretty good at matching animation in 3d.

4. ZacWilliam

ZacWilliam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  5. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Pretenders make so much sense for this line. They mostly don't transform anyway and can Hasbro could easily make the inner robot as a standalone figure to pair with it. Ok so the inner robot wouldn't be able to go inside... I'm ok with that. Just say the shell gained sentience and became it's own entity.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had considered the idea that they do the outer shells at a 7 inch scale with pose ability along the lines of MOTUC, low and behold, we can now get Pretender shells using parts from MOTUC's

• Like Like x 1
  7. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    It is utterly impossible for me to imagine Hasbro making a Pretender inner robot that looked like the G1 inner robot did, even with added poseability. They'd either make the robot look like the Pretender shell (as they've done several times in the past), or they wouldn't bother.

The Pretender inner robots, by themselves, have no character, and would be guaranteed non-sellers.

• Like Like x 2
  8. ThunderDestron

ThunderDestron Vast predatory bird

Probably the best way to get inner robots would be to do a "spark armour" style figure. Small robot can transform and then be upgraded with armour.

9. 80sforged

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I did really appreciate that TFCC Bludgeon they did from the onslaught mold. I want to have him posed in front of Susanoo so you get the whole inner outer quality.

10. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    There's been a discussion of this in another thread, but suffice it to say, although TFCC toys are technically Hasbro toys, they often aren't toys that Hasbro would have done on their own. TFCC Bludgeon is a great example.

• Like Like x 1
  11. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  12. 80sforged

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh I know, TFCC would push the limits of obscurity sometimes, except for when they did some fun, if not somewhat well-known characters. Just saw Thew's review of Runabout and Runamuck and was reminded how much I would have loved to get the TFCC versions.

13. mcart

mcart I'm not fat, it's Prime Armor

News Credits:
    Fair point but I would say that in the comics the inner robots were shown quite a bit. Could work as selects. We do already have an example of this in the form of metal hawk who was released as a repaint of Triggerhappy in titans return so there is precedent.

So I'm not completely crazy (I know you didn't say I was but I keep trying to state this in the hopes it sticks :D  ) and since many of the inner bots could easily share the same design / skeleton repaint and slight remolds could work.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  14. Avon

Avon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is pretty frickin interesting! Already that’s better than I would have guessed. Not sure how that leg has gotten up that high though. And I very much hope there’s tilt as well as point on those ankle joints. Ta for posting!

15. rikaldomario

rikaldomario Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 4
  16. THE-TRANSFORMER

THE-TRANSFORMER Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Super7 Confirmed ankle tilts on instagram a little while ago - so you're good there.

• Like Like x 1
  17. G.B. Blackrock

News Credits:
    It... happened... but I would never argue that they did "quite a bit." And, again, even to the degree that it's true, the robot modes were utterly forgettable. As I said in the previous post, they have no character.

An interesting example (and an exception I'll certainly concede to the "rule" I suggested in my original post on this topic)... although the fact that it wasn't released on its own is fairly important, I think. If you have to buy a box set to get the "inner robot" to go with your Super7 Pretender shell version, I daresay it kind of defeats the point.

I still feel fairly confident in asserting this simply will not happen.

• Like Like x 2
  18. mciver977

mciver977 He'll rip out your optics.

News Credits:
    Instagram:

Mod edit: Screencaps

Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (1).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (2).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (3).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (4).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (5).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (6).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (7).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (8).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (9).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (10).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (11).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (12).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (13).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (14).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (15).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (16).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (17).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (18).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (19).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (20).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (21).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (22).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (23).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (24).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (25).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (26).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (27).jpg Super 7 Ultimates Optimus Prime Prototype (28).jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 8
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  19. Nemesis Baser

Nemesis Baser Rei III is so my mood

News Credits:
    It seems there is outward leg movement. Nice

• Like Like x 3
  20. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    AND a slight ab crunch.