Super 7 Transformers Ultimates

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Slender102, Jan 28, 2021.

1. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Right. But that's retailers discounting them, not Super7.

It's not terribly uncommon over the last year for retailers to pay $50 for a $55 figure and sell for $30 to unload it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Chaotic91

Chaotic91 Rest in peace Akira Toriyama

I miss Revoltech Transformers.

• Like Like x 5
  3. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    20240124_093142.jpg wreck gar and the junkions have gotten a lot of representation over the past year...not sure if the alt head for this is on hasbro's radar but I could see them doing another ss86 20240124_092714.jpg
    Tarn has only recently gotten official toy status...was thinking his eyes should be seen even behind the mask though 20240124_092257.jpg g2 megs has gotten some love recently too, but always as repaints not a true homage
    the winner for goofiest but most appreciated deep dive of the wave is this guy of course
    [​IMG]
    so unexpected to get not only the gator but the goofy arm on building too...his tech specs though??!! pretty high for a mindless drone!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
  4. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    i do too; not so much because they were pat lee art come to life

the recent optimus was cool though

5. Chaotic91

Chaotic91 Rest in peace Akira Toriyama

The old ones left a lot to be desired but that Amazing Yamaguchi Optimus was solid and didn't look crappy like a lot of these Super7 figures and could at least move his darn legs. I regret selling mine sometimes, it was a fun figure to pose. I hope Kaiyodo revisits Transformers someday and gives us more characters, I'm a little surprised we didn't even get an Amazing Yamaguchi Megatron to go with the Optimus.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Anthony _aggro

Anthony _aggro Platypus Prime

Ebay:
    These totally remind me of the Mega SCF sculpts. I have the R.E.D. Soundwave and almost feel like these are a step back in sculpt, but maybe have better joints.

7. bearytrek

bearytrek Unicron Backer #1...

News Credits:
    soundwave looks like he's going to be a lot of fun to have...

the battery compartment on his back!

and shouldn't Prime's tech specs all be at zero? :rolleyes: 

• Like Like x 1
  8. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    They continued in Mattel's style and hired the same sculptors initially.

IMHO, the line improved when they got new sculptors. No knock on Four Horsemen but they took a lot of design liberties.

Mattel didn't design anything past the wave 1 reissues. S7 just essentially took over in the same style.

9. Mr Grimm

Mr Grimm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’ve still got those. They were pretty fun, though tricky to get back to a neutral position.

10. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    This is the case for an awful lot of toys. "Wholesale" through places like Embarrassment Earth Distribution is a sick joke. Anybody that doubts this should open an account somewhere and browse their catalogs. You'll never break 10% after shipping shenannigans factors in. Toy retail was the most expensive education of my life.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A part of me really wishes Super7 and Hasbro would form a closer connection so that these figures could come out a lot sooner as well as avoiding any overlap in character choices like with Wreck-Gar and Tarn. Maybe they could also up the number of releases per wave to 6 instead of the 3-4. Let whoever is running the line keep their selection of characters for the most part but also throw in a curveball or two from Hasbro or a Fan Vote.

Imagine a Beast Machines Tankor or Optimal Megatron in the size of their Grimlock. A proper Season 3 Rodimus Prime with burgundy red with a SDCC 86 Movie magenta repaint. Action Masters updates!

• Like Like x 1
  12. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    i don't see how hasbro effects the figures coming out sooner. that's entirely on S7. it's a different market.

13. Grendel163

Grendel163 Galactic Transcender

IMG_20240129_161643.jpg IMG_20240129_160913.jpg Man.. I bought G2 Megatron on a whim and don't regret him at all. Just can't figure out which head I should use.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Flash1087

Flash1087 we all listen to D>E>A>T>H>M>E>T>A>L

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    God, he looks great! The "BIG STICK" sticker on the cannon still cracks me up some 32 years later, so I'm glad to know I'm just as easily amused now as I was then :lol 

• Like Like x 4
  15. Hoffman

Hoffman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As they licensor, they can basically tell S7 what they can and can't do. We also know that licensors will sometimes tell companies to hold off on a character or strongly suggest that they do certain characters based on their internal plans around media, etc.

So yes, it's a different market and Hasbro can't directly control timing, but they definitely can control what characters S7 might do and when.

16. DinobotSludge

DinobotSludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If anyone happens to own the RED Starscream or Thundercracker. Could you post some side by side images of any version of the Ultimates Starscream figure side by side with the RED version of the seeker body type?
    As I am curious if parts could be use for a kitbash, and if they scale at all even remotely close. As I was looking to try an make a custom action master Starscream.

Thanks ahead of time to anyone that can post some comparison images.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2024
  17. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    It’s a line that always seems suspect for the price but once you get it in hand they are super fun and photogenic.

• Like Like x 2
  18. AcademyofDrX

AcademyofDrX BM & IDW2 apologist, team clear windows

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    They're fun for what they are, it's just a lot of people want them to be something they aren't.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not gonna be possible. RED Starscream is comparable size to Earthrise Starscream while Ultimates towers way over him. He's almost comparable to MP Starscream.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RodimusRex

News Credits:
    Ultimates and Yolopark AMK use the same scale. It's a bit under halfway between Generations and Masterpiece, slightly bigger than Threezero MDLX. If I ever found the Ultimates for $10 a piece, I'd put their accessories with Yolopark figures.

For anybody looking at Action Master Starscream, I'd HIGHLY recommend Bloks or Yolopark (especially the minis). What you want won't all come out together necessarily but people proved back during Siege that you can do most of the work combining a Thundercracker with a Starscream. That basically just leaves the head and cockpit to paint and then however you want to handle the wings.

RED Thundercracker has popped up somewhere, hasn't he? I do keep seeing RED restocks at a few oddball Walmarts.

RED seekers would keep CHUG scale. Yolo Mini or Bloks would be close to vintage and, as model kits, you could do a lot of other characters fairly easily and possibly with minimal paint using other figures' parts.

Planning ahead for Super7 or Yolopark AMK Pro to do Thundercracker is probably pretty reasonable (especially Yolopark). But you'd get a roughly Leader sized figure (that will certainly look nice).

• Like Like x 1