Sunstreaker, Wheeljack and Metrotitan are coming soon..

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Skywarp181, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah its a KO like I said, he also has a nifty helmet which slides over his antennae

2. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Nice. Mind telling me where you got it? Looks a lot better than the upcoming one. And it comes with the little orange car.

3. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    got it off ebay, thats why I was curious as to where it comes from, the quality is good with the only parts looking KO ish being the arms and the chest ramp

4. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Has Hasbro given you any update on what you and other vendors are allowed to sell? Was there ever a resolution to Hasbros Previous request to stores to stop selling specific KOs?

Option 2 and 3 are infinitely more reasonable than 1 and may keep Hasbro looking the other way.

5. starscream.pt

starscream.pt Well-Known Member

april 1st eh? they were supposed to be release in september last year, then november, then january, now april, i'll have to see it to believe it

6. agesthreeandup

agesthreeandup Energon Supplier

News Credits:

That one is a 'vintage' KO. It was done back when Metrotitan was new. That one is very cool and I have many parts for it but was missing the whole figure. I saw it on eBay but missed it. Guess you already bought it. Nice buy. I would love to have one of those!

Spencer.

7. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

the title for this topic should be changed. i got excited until i realized it was about that ko garbage.

8. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    A Transformers collector who doesn't want to support China needs a new hobby. :lol 

9. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    What the hell? Did the vintage Metrotitan have a crystal in the center? This deviation might serve useful for my project.

10. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:

Maybe they should with option #2. I definitely wouldn't want #3. Plain white boxes would suck. I might as well have loose ones because they would clash with the rest of my boxes. Option #1 would just piss everyone including Hasbro off. Option #2 seems to be the best route. Perhaps in the style of the Quintesson or WST Dinobot boxes?? Perhaps a box with the G1 grid and DW artwork? Something....Anyhow, I'm only interested in SS & WJ. Metrotitan just looks horrible anyhow. If I want that figure, I'd rather get a Metroplex.

11. nkelsch

This was my reaction too. Because the manufacturer who makes these marketed them as if they were real and some of the reports out there were very unclear.

12. Prowl2000

Prowl2000 Keep it sealed

Ebay:
    pass. Have the originals of Sunstreaker and Wheeljack. I couldn't care about the other guy.

13. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Somewhat on topic, Spencer, do you plan on updating kotransformers.com soon? You're several KO reissues out of date now.

14. agesthreeandup

News Credits:
    The vintage Metrotitan did not have the crystal, the vintage KO Metrotitan did have the crystal.

Spencer.

15. agesthreeandup

News Credits:
    Yes, I will be working on this very soon. I have had so little time of late that I have not had an oppertunity to do so. I have several new items in transit and so will be doing reviews of all of them as soon as I have them in hand.

Spencer.

16. Skywarp181

Skywarp181 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hey spencer,

Could you let us know why these are so expensive?
    also sent ya a pm

17. Noisemaze2006

Noisemaze2006 Banned

The whole point of these KO's is the box. I can get a loose complete original easily enough, but I can't possibly afford one MIB. So even though they're not "official", the box looks close enough just to bring back those good memories. They're not perfect but will look like I have the original from 84-86 MIB. If they screw with the boxes then there's no reason to buy them. I don't want a Metrotitan in a Metroplex box & I sure as hell don't want a plain white mailer box. That's just ******ed.

They're gonna change the box to a plain white mailer box but the price won't drop? Well, have fun sending Ebay free money for all those insertion fees for items that WON'T sell! I've seen a lot of ******ed crap in my life but this just beats all.

I just thought of it, if they mess with the Sunstreaker & Wheeljack boxes, does that mean they'll mess with Snarl's box? Snarl hasn't been released yet right?

18. Baccala1976

Baccala1976 Well-Known Member

KO's aren't bad if you're looking for that MIB look and feel and would have no problem buying them. That being said, I would try to find the originals first for a reasonable price and if that didn't work and I needed to have it, I would get the KO.

My only other issue with these KO's is that I heard Mirage was basically built like crap (Cheap Plastic is what I've been told). Can anyone confirm this?

19. taterx

taterx Lurkin since Transfandom

Thats a lie bacca. I got one and it is perfect. I hope Spencer can get me jack and streaker in the same condition.

20. nkelsch

But you don't have the original. And people pretend they are original and defraud the population and abuse Hasbro's Trademarks.

I am glad that someone like Spenser makes an effort to keep a site to clearly distinguish the differences, but sadly the differences are so small that lots of people probably can't tell without the website... Which makes MISB shopping at Botcon kinda hard.

Have we heard the resolution from HASBRO yet on what they expect retailers to do with the boxes with false trademarks?