Sunday=Lasalle bridge decoy/Lower Wacker filming:)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks man:) 

2. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They cleared out of the lower Wacker area.

I went there after work: the only traces were a white semi trailer with a Paramount sticker on the side, and a couple people with brooms sweeping up around the area.

On my way walking back towards Michigan Ave, I saw a white Ford van that shuttles cast/crew around heading towards the lake front, but didn't follow it.

The area across from the River East 21 theaters still has some of the props, including the giant blue foot/leg/thing.

3. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

yeah that armored vehicle kinda looks like the on eused in death race with jason statham

4. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

I feel like the modified truck could be related to the Wreckers somehow, like maybe he's their leader or something. He (or it, if it turns out to just be a truck) seems to be modified in a somewhat similar style, although he doesn't really have any "racecar" aspect like the other Wreckers. Just a thought.

5. ChicageauxTiger

ChicageauxTiger Geaux-Bot

News Credits:
    FYI, the whole "Lower Wacker filming" thing was already known ahead of time (4am to 12pm both Sat & Sun) and street closures were reported by the city of Chicago days beforehand. Unfortunately that was too early for my blood so I never went out to watch them film.

However, I did get some vehicle and set shots Saturday Night and Sunday during the day so, technically, becoming the first to report & speculate about the "mad max" truck in the movie ... I WIN! :thumbs2: 

Just kidding ... but check it out:
    The Official Transformers 3 news and speculation thread - Page 59 - The Superhero Hype! Boards

6. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DUDE!!!! Sweet pics. hmmm so I guess they were filming at two locations at the same times.....but I was so greatful to find them and snap a few pics. Man this movie is so having the same Dark Knight feel its not even funny. Is that you with that Autobot logo over your face. Dude I like how close you got, no security around???? When they were on Lasalle I got pretty close myself to some of the bots, I love when we get pics like this without having any issues with people on set, there really isnt any secret.....

7. rodimal

rodimal Let's destroy Decepticons

Ebay:
    Great pics. I like how someone did find what might be a logo on the truck, which is probably Onslaught then, which would be great.

8. zztopeurope

zztopeurope Active Member

Possibly back on LaSalle Street this weekend?

For the Chicago people, filming signs went back up today (for Saturday) in front of my office, all along LaSalle Street from Adams to Washington, where they were shooting the first weekend.

The signs are only for twelve hours though, starting at 6 am Saturday, so I'm not sure if it will be a full shoot, B-roll, interiors, or what. I don't think they can move all of that "rubble" back if they only have twelve hours...I guess it could be some other production but that would be a pretty big coincidence.

9. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw those as well...it's almost along the same route as before. I'm thinking these may be the 'clean plates,' or shots that are minus debris/rubble.

10. zztopeurope

zztopeurope Active Member

Yeah, that makes sense, guess we'll find out tomorrow.