Suicide Squad 2

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by eagc7, Dec 13, 2016.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

On the one hand, I prefer Suicide Squad stories to be more grounded with their antagonist. On the other hand, I think James Gunn is one of the few filmmakers that could get Starro right considering that he did a good job with Ego (especially compared to what previous superhero movies did with Galactus and Parallax).

• Like Like x 3
  3. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

Bet you Waller wants them to use Starro in some way.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This certainly peaked my interest. I pride myself on knowing obscure comic characters, yet I never heard about half of these villains! :D 
    Looking them up, certainly an interesting bunch. Bloodsport was a "Vietnam vet" (not really) trying to kill Superman motivated by his own cowardice. Savant is a genius who suffers from short term memory loss, and for a while Barbara Gordon tried to groom him for a vigilante. Polka Dot Man famously lost his expensive suit with the ridiculous powered dots, and just became a common crook with a baseball bat (the art shown actually is from that issue). Peacemaker is a man who loves peace so much, he is willing to kill for it - and actually motivated by visions of his father who was a nazi concentration camp leader, as well as other people he killed whom he sees due to his psychosis.
    Some are even more obscure - Blackguard doesn't even have a wiki entry. He is just a thug given a power suit with an energy mace and shield, hired by the 1000 (the immortal people behind Tobias Whale). Javelin is a bored german ex-athlete looking for thrills. Weasel is simply, crazy, a Firestorm villain who started killing his old classmates thinking he was not safe why he was alive - and for some reason, wearing a weasel suit. Him and Thinker being on the team does not bode well for them - in Suicide Squad comics, on their first mission he snapped and slit the Thinker's throat, and when Rick Flagg took the thinking cap, he fried the Weasel due to the Thinker's lingering mental command.

Gotta love that Boomerang returns. I am one of the few who absolutely loved him in the first one. And King Shark looks a lot like the Harley Quinn animated version, being a bit on the chubby and cute side. Mongal, LOL! I thought that wasn't her name, she was just "Mongul's sister" - he killed her pretty quickly in the comics, though.

My guess would be we get so many people because the movie will go all "Furminator" on us, and not many will survive. I mean, in the first movie, only 2 of them died - as far as Squad missions go, that was a miracle. :D 

Starro isn't much of a mastermind or big threat, no? He is just a conglomerate of alien starfish who likes to possess people. In a way, he is like the Borg, really. Just looks more ridiculous... Also can combine into a giant starfish mode. In most of the comics I seen him, he never even talks, and I got the distinction that each starfish IS Starro, so his consciousness is kinda spread all over them.

Weasel usually is just a guy in a fursuit... but maybe this version is an mutant animal, who knows.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    So now that Starro is being introduced does that mean that will lead to the cinematic appearance of Jarro
    [​IMG]
    Especially considering their obsession with Batman.

• Like Like x 5
  6. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i hope not...

• Like Like x 2
  7. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Interesting.

This was going to be my main response. I honestly prefer the Suicide Squad to have more grounded adventures. Something like the animated films Assault on Arkham and Hell to Pay... though I do think Gunn will handle this better than Ayer handled the first film.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    I think Starro is the perfect fir for this.

9. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    He's an alien conqueror who can control minds, he has a hive mind across his starfish bodies (as you've mentioned), he can assume a human mode.

[​IMG]

Done right, he could be a terrible enemy, or a valuable asset.

Jarro's better off with Aquaman rather than Batman IMO.

10. SmokeyPrime

SmokeyPrime Well-Known Member

Well TIL
    ell

11. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I wonder if Peter Capaldi is going to swear in this feature. He's done it before.

12. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    THE SUICIDE SQUAD Star Joel Kinnaman Says It's "Heavily R-Rated" And Calls John Cena "A Comedic Genius"

Talking to The Hollywood Reporter, star Joel Kinnaman (who reprises the role of Rick Flag) praised the filmmaker's take on the DC Comics property, and seemingly confirmed an R-Rating.

"That movie is going to be insane," he said. "The script is so funny. Every page of that script was funny, and every page made me laugh. James just has this command of that genre, but also over every aspect of comedy and even the marketing. He just understands the world so well, and since he wrote it, he really reinvents not just the concepts, but also the characters."

"For me, it was like I did my first comedy, but it’s like heavily R-rated," Kinnaman confirmed. "So much of the action is practical with real explosions, and yeah, that movie is going to be insane. It’s such a great cast that he put together. John Cena, that mother[frick]er is a comedic genius. No one would make us laugh on set more than John. Every scene he was in, he would go on an improvised tangent. There are so many chops in that cast, and James has such a command of it all."

"[We] had so much fun doing it," the actor concluded. "That movie is going to be a [frick]ing monster. Honestly, even though I’m in it, I can’t wait to see it as a fan. (Laughs.)"

• Like Like x 3
  13. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's a good sign. The first movie had some comedy too but I would prefer more.
    Primus, I hope not... that was such a ridiculous idea and character. At this point, why not bring back Bessie the Bat-Cow as well (I am sure that existed...)

Humanoid Starro? So... basically Patrick from Spongebob as a supervillain. I take it this latter idea is from the more recent comics... Boy is it dumb.
    I liked how Young Justice used Starro, the idea that whole civilizations are enslaved by him is rather horrifying.

14. Autoboticon

Autoboticon In like a Bot, out like a Con

There is a Bat-Cow and will appear in the 3D animated movie for Dc's Super-Pets

• Like Like x 1
  15. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    guess we know one person who survives the movie

• Like Like x 3
  17. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Deathcatg

Deathcatg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Huh, just when I think I've got a handle on DC's whacky shit, they go and surprise me with something. Shine on you crazy diamonds.

• Like Like x 1
  20. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits: