Suggestions for Cybertron 3

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Prime Jetscream, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    We have had many ideas for improvements upon FOC, mostly just to say WFC is better, but we should have a thread for any idea for any possible Cybertron 3. Not just customization, not just colors, not just multiplayer modes, not just salami or bologna, EVERYTHING. And I vote salami.
    Also I think the official fan-term for the third game should be Cybertron 3.

NOW SUGGEST!

Super Customization
    To be short, sweet and to the point, customize hands, feet, lower legs and upper legs, and everything else, and have it effect the vehicle in areas respective to the location of the part in the chest's vehicle form.
    Also, FOC AND WFC color options. Basically, all the colors of FOC in WFC's format.

Fun but challenging
    Some people have been, sorta, complaining about it being easier than WFC, and I agree. But it shouldn't be "GAAGGHHH I HAATE THIS" challenging like the Trypticon boss, it should be fun but hard, something like the "HAHA AWESOME" feeling of Grimlock gameplay, but challenging like the Trypticon boss, without the "AAAAAGGHHH DIIIEE". I think what's missing is that all challenging parts don't have anything abnormal or extraordinary, or fun to play as, such as Grimlock or Bruticus. IMO, the key is either alternate gameplay, or an epic ability like the Grappling Hook. The only fun-but-challenging part is the
    Bruticus boss as Jazz
    , but it's easy once you beat it only once, and is only sorta hard from the start.

LENGTH
    I know some people will disagree judging by some comments I've seen, but I think Cybertron 3 should be as LONG AS POSSIBLE. I don't see why it can't be incredibly long, it's not a movie, you can come back later. Although, continuing from the first part, I don't exactly get why people would disagree.
    I want to keep playing for ages, not go back and replay my favorite part. I want to play for DAYS, always discovering new enemies and features and story.

Even MORE variety
    I don't mean like what it gives us, which I appreciate, but stuff like HUNDREDS of different weapons, and HUNDREDS of different TYPES of enemies.

2. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

Heh I'll put my two cents in here.

Here's my idea for Cybertron 3:
    If they were to pull off what happened in Alex Irvine's Exiles, maybe we could visit Velocitron and Junkion. That way we can have a chance to try out some new characters like Blurr, Override or Ransack (contrasting sides right?). After Velocitron we could hit Junkion and have characters like Wreck-Gar or one of his Junkions. But considering that there's alot of Autobots and Decepticons back on Cybertron, what if we have a switch of POV between the Bots who are still on Cybertron and those who are battling it out in space?
    If we were to go back on the surface we could play as one of the Wreckers, Wheeljack, or Ultra Magnus on the Bot side while playing like Shockwave, Devastator, or another well known Con!

3. TK458

TK458 Assassino!

And yes a full level where you play as Makeshift disguised as Hound. :D 

4. LightningBlade3

LightningBlade3 Destined to be a Prime

News Credits:
    I want the campaign to be sorta like the part of Starscream's level where you change from Starscream to Grimlock and the last level where transitioning from character to character, from faction to faction was so seamless and the Autobot/Decepticon symbol rotating as it does so was a nice touch. Of course having various checkpoints and chapter starts similar to Uncharted and I think Cybertron 3, campaign-wise, would be a great and fun experience.

5. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    More multiplayer gamemodes! Just to increase the fun of the game and add replay value to multiplayer.

6. Meggamus

Meggamus I want FOC figures!!

We kind already have a thread for a possible 3rd game
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-video-game-discussion/649693-next-installment-wfc-foc.html?

I posted my idea in it and since I can't be bothered to type it up again, here:

7. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

Likewise:

I'd centre it on a group of determined young warriors eager to prove themselves, with Springer, Rodimus and Arcee taking centre stage and Impactor, Ultra Magnus and Kup lending their experience. The plot would see the group moving from one location to another amongst the Ruins of Cybertron (possible game name?) seeking out survivors and trying to pull together a resistance which will eventually become the Wreckers. Unfortunately for them, newly enhanced Decepticons are hot on their trail - having realised that the Energon shortage would cripple the Decepticon plot to control Cybertron, Shockwave has modified many of the Decepticons fiercest soldiers into beastformers which will hunt down and eat other Cybertronians in order to survive - allowing the Predacons and Terrorcons to enter the story.

8. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

I think for the next they should go back to character selection for camapaign. Not really the co-op element of it I think the foc level style was fine just give more than one character specific abilities that way it gives campaign a larger cast and bigger replayablity. For example cliffjumpers level, in character selection you could have him, mirage, and hound.

More sp incentives instead of just focusing on mp so heavily like in the past games. G1 optimus was a good and surprising start, they just need to go a bit farther. I don't get into mp much and originally I wasn't even going to preorder because I figured it would only be more mp only stuff. When I saw g1 prime and he would be playable in sp I jumped on it .

I think bot customisation should move into the campaign that way it would add to more replayability, or if you choose use the standard defualt characters. They can the ditch prerendered cutscenes and go with game engine cutscenes so that way your own custom character will always show.
    At the very least expand the upgrade system to effect the outer appearence off your bot, not just internal upgrades. For example upgrading optimus into a power master form looking optimus. They wouldn't really need to give him a trailer in his alt mode just beef it up with added parts hanging off that the standard version wouldn't have.

Last but not least they need to have a nice long campaign. Now that foc was 13 chapters the next will need to be 15, or better yet 20. All equal length, not some real short while some are long.

9. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Campaign Co-op.

10. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Audio logs are one the coolest additions to these games! HMS should have used them more to tell this game's back story. Why they were used to tell the accounts of female characters (nudge, nudge), Bumblebee's accident, Orion becoming Optimus, etc. is shocking.

The movie feature is lame, as is. All of the trailers aren't even present! We only get the announcement trailer--we should have had all of them. I really dislike how the cut scenes are incomplete. I would like to see more complete stories told--at least include the ones that set the scene!

Characters in Escalation need to interact more. If Jazz is down he should tell you he's down! If Optimus needs ammo he should tell he needs ammo. The folks we play with can't be bothered to know the names of the people they're playing with and they sure as heck can't be bothered to remember who has which characters:lol  This is why it would be a good idea for future games to have the VAs communicate during matches. I hope the next game incorporates a cooperative mark target element, I like the idea of the team marking the targets rather than the game choosing or one player--escalation is all about teamwork anyway, right?

I want real bosses to be introduced in Escalation darn it. Why couldn't be have Bruticus as a level 15 boss for the Autobots or Omega Supreme for the Decepticons? Heck, HMS could have made up a boss character in the same way they did Demolisher and Quake.

I'm a little disappointed in how Escalation, like the much of the game, has taken away rather than added. Why couldn't the past cast have been added in addition to the current cast? Arcee and Slipstream too. If HMS didn't want to make their parts interchangeable fine--we can't use Quake's, can we?

Was anyone else disappointed that a lot of the Easter eggs weren't trophies? I was shocked that Starscream's ceremonial crown wasn't one--it's so easy to miss. I'm not saying all of them, but some of the more memorable one's would have been nice. I'm sort of against trophies awarded to gamers for completing a tutorial or chapters. Like trophies that require a bit more work.

I know this isn't likely to happen, but I would love it it HMS made difficulty specific enemies. Rather than increasing the number of characters or strengthening their attacks, why not have a few characters designed specific difficulty settings? I would a challenge like this.

I want to see more BOSSES in the next game. Not Bombshell in a machine type boss, but something more like Bruticus. There's nothing like having an epic battle. Imagine if we had to take on all three Insecticons at once, each utilizing a particular skill set unique to himself while working in tandem with one another. That would have been epic!

I want Co-op campaign to return as well as character select! Seeing how abilities are shared anyway, why not give more options. With disc space quickly becoming a non-issue in gaming, I can't see why games developers can't load up multiple scenarios, even in a story designed to be linear. Jazz and Cliffjumper stole the show for me, but imagine the other gems we could have had had Mirage been used or Sideswipe and Sunstreaker?

One of WFC's best attributes, I think, was the split campaigns. Characters were varied and the levels felt like they were equal in length. Sure some characters got screwed with having only one mission, but they were rather satisfying missions that didn't end in two minutes of play.

HMS needs to find a way to have characters have more than one mission and give them missions that allow them satisfying play time. If it can't happen in the core game, in story mode, this is another reason to step up escalation, by implementing a side-story sort of thing, giving fans more.

Customization, is not fun for me. I can't do what I thought I'd be able to do. I don't like that I have to use actual cash ($30) to get additional parts. I hate how parts are class specific and I really hate the fixed pre-set colors. If these things are done away with in the next installment, I just won't bother to customize characters.

I hope the next game brings back female characters. I hope they all don't have super model figures. I wouldn't mind seeing someone that looks a bit more like Strika;)  Also, I would love it if HMS started incorporating Japanese Transformers into the mix as well as some originals.

Host Migration 2.0 is needed. Please do something else, HMS. Host migration as it is just blows. While you're working on that, please add a filtering program that filters out the things I DON'T NEED. I hate joining Escalation matches, I've already completed. The voting is fine, but being thrown into a match I don't need and have no say over sort of sucks. Also the abilities in are all team based, save for the guy with the metal shield. The shield is useless. Why couldn't you have given that character a barrier or grenades? Hate the shield--can't say that enough.

Lastly, I want story-based DLC. As a person who doesn't care much for character packs, especially those including characters in the core game, please give those of us that care more options, like story DLC. Those like me are willing to support DLC, just not in the way being presented.

11. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    Stop locking on-disc content! Seriously! I love Transformers, but if the next game has content that's already on the disc and is locked away, I'll be waiting for it to go down in price or awaiting a "Game of the Year" edition (if ever). Tired of these game companies doing this.

That aside...

- I'd like to see more abilities again, even new ones.
    - Please remove the Prime mode crap. I'm also not a fan of mindless grinding, especially if you then lose everything and have to start from scratch again basically (why are people losing body parts and multiplayer class selections after hitting so and so level? They already got it once!)
    - Multiplayer daily and weekly mode challenges. Now I don't mean XP challenges, where it's like kill 3 people in so-and-so manner, but rather new, randomized rules added to the matches. E.G. say one game of Conquest is a fog-filled level, another is where characters are forced to turn into vehicles or robots when the level is hit with some sort of attack controlled by the A.I. or enemy turrets added that attack all sides. Maybe a level with a third party of enemies (controlled by the A.I.)
    - Character selection for co-op, but they can maybe give certain paths only usable by one character, to help increase replayability.
    - Add in some new multiplayer modes, like a "Dirty Race," where players race in vehicle form, but can also attack one another in robot modes and in vehicular modes. Different paths and routes to add some balance for the slower and faster classes, and the ability to set traps as well to hinder the progress of others.

12. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

I think the best and easiest way to impliment that would be multiple path options into reaching your level objective. Bring back character selection, then unlocking it to be able to use any type of vehicle class you chose to play as on that level. Enemy difficaulty could be based on what class you chose to use on that level. If done that way no character would be locked to a specific mission, you could use whoever you chose no more one mission characters, and it may even lead to a larger cast.

13. Downshift-1307

Downshift-1307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry mate, all I read was:
    "I want this. I want that. HMS are stupid for not doing this. I want that. I want this too. Wah Wah Wah"

You seriously don't have a clue on Game Theory or Game Design. Did you actually watch ANY of the interviews with Matt Tieger? He explains the choices and changes they made and it makes complete sense.
    Sounds to me that you just need to play WfC instead of FoC.

14. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    it would be the ultimate fun to play as a combiner. and can we, please, for Cybertron 3, enough of this balance crap and bring back the robot and vehicle abilities from WFC. and on top of the OP suggestions, this is what i want to see in Cybertron 3. Super customization and..... FEMALE CYBERTRONIANS!!!!

15. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    this

plus the OP's suggestions.

plus FEMALE CYBERTRONIANS.

plus being able to play as a Gestalt.. FOC showed us that a multiplayer experience to this canl be very possible and very fun if one or more team mates are armed with EMP grenades that disable the Gestalt and then the team open fire on it.

plus bring back the robot and vehicle abilities from WFC.

plus super color customization (color slider) and character customization.

16. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    If female transformers make it into customization I want them to only be able to combine with parts that won't look completly stupid (so no arcee legs with a bumblebee chest)

Also don't bring back co-op campaign (as the main campaign anyway) I want to keep the campaign signleplayer so it can be more varied and bigger and even more awesome.

As for co-op campagn it would be nice to have a separate gamemode that has 1-6 side missions for people to play.

But of course they don't need to add any of theese since I wont really mind of fembots don't make a appearance and the co-op campaign idea is just to make the people who complained stop complaining

17. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

You know uh, you're going to be the only rational man left on this island after I leave tomorrow.

18. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    Just gimme the ability to fully customize colors, and maybe another class or something.

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    We obviously aren't mates.

I watched every or almost every video interview with Matt or Dave talking about WFC and FOC. I heard every explanation they gave about why this or that was done. That said, it doesn't mean everyone is in favor of the changes they made. HMS has proven in this game that they were willing to make a game that incorporated the WANTS of fans.

What I've said isn't entirely new. Others are saying the same things here and elsewhere. If you don't like it, ignore my posts and move on;) 

20. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Okay, I guess they'll do that. Have fun getting kicked from matches where people have DLC that you don't, and having to wait an hour for it to download.