Success Of Transformers: Bumblebee Movie And Its Future For Hasbro

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jul 23, 2019.

1. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
  2. ArcanielRE3

ArcanielRE3 Honorary Autobot

At least Hasbro's got the right ideas... unlike a certain film producer...

• Like Like x 10
  3. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz DIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-CLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I\'m happy that the Hasbro inhouse franchises going up. It shows that Hasbro\'s care with there lines is not going to waste and I hope this culminates in a new line for the Joe\'s.

• Like Like x 3
  4. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Exxxxxxcellent.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Lewd.

• Like Like x 2
  6. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Waht? You know that once you get up to 6 X's, it circles back around to being wholesome. It's like a brand new law, I'm not surprised that you haven't heard of it. Might just be a Colorado thing.

• Like Like x 11
  7. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:

:lol :

Never heard of this saying before?

@Rodimus Prime I'm pretty sure edgs was quoting Mr. Burns from The Simpsons.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Autobot Jamie

Autobot Jamie Well-Known Member

This says the plan is all G1 themed it seems. Just as I feared. I know I could be wrong ( doubt it) but I\'m just going to say this anyway. I love G1 but I just find that limiting. I doubt many will be fine with G1 Bee in a movie set in say 2020. I think we should keep the Bay transformers. I know some will say dehumanize them but I think they could fit it into the story. Keep the cinimatic universe seperete. I know it\'s just my very unpopular opinion but I see this as a better option than focusing on one universe ( G1) and fans of the others will have to just deal with it.
    Great profile pic for the argument, right? LOL. I welcome any discussion

• Like Like x 5
  9. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Very glad we are getting another film following the direction of Bumblebee. Bumblebee was a great step in the right direction! I’m not being too optimistic about the WFC Netflix series though, while the toyline is very good I’m worried about what the quality of the show might be. Mainly because the people who worked on the Prime Wars Trilogy are working on this show as well. Also this is quite the exciting statement. “So we’re very happy with the financial return on our investment. But also, more importantly, the longer-term benefits this film has brought to reset the franchise and all of its storytelling go forward.” It seems the movies really are taking place in a new universe for the time being.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Venixion

Venixion Resident Feather-brain

News Credits:
    I just want a break from movies. And I wanna see Blitzscream and a proper Shatter in- stores.

11. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Yeah. I think they should really just breathe for awhile and think of something nice and original of what to do next. I don’t think we will see much of Shatter or Dropkick ever again though.

• Like Like x 3
  12. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 12
  13. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A bit disappointing news, I hope there are still references to the other movies. I just can't seem to enjoy watching Bumblebee without watching the other films afterward in succession. I don't have as much attachment for it. I bought the Six-Movie Collection(Bumblebee, Transformers 1-5), although I was disappointed it didn't have the Imax version of Revenge of the Fallen.

As I already accepted the head-canon that WW2 Bumblebee might have been Centurion.

My plan going forward is only buying Studio Series versions of the Bumblebee Characters that don't have a Bayverse counterpart that appeared onscreen, such as Shatter, Dropkick, Cliffjumper, Brawn, Blitzwing and the other Seekers.

I've always dreamed of having prequels to the Bayverse to expand the lore. And if the movies going forward have enough references to the Bayverse I can continue supporting these new movies, even if it's a "reset".

• Like Like x 1
  14. Primus Productions

Primus Productions Defender of the bayverse Veteran

News Credits:
    While I don't mind being rebooted as obvious it was, Even through it did clash with bayverse within Bumblebee. Hasbro needs to understand, To make it fair for both verses. So awhile I'm happy to hear confirmation, But quite disappointed of Hasbro's decision. And if I could state one thing, Hasbro doesn't have much to say so when it comes to bayverse. That lays upon Di and Paramount. Hasbro practically owned Transformers Prime, Cyberverse and of course Bumblebee in modern time anyways. Pretty much anything aside of bayverse. The most they "owned" of bayverse was simply allowing the rights of Paramount/Bay to use the transformers. Either way, I for one hope they can come to a agreement of doing two verses at once. Finish off Bayverse and continue on a story that Travis Knight started. Make. It. Fair. Hasbro.

10 YEARS shouldn't have been wasted.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I mean, the reality is that Hasbro sees this as a business. What we consider fair or unfair is irrelevant when a property is on a big downward slide, nearly torpedoed the IP as well as the studio that produced it. Perhaps years later we may see an eventual continuation, whether direct or in spirit, but in a business sense it is anathema to go back to something that DOESN'T work when you found something that DOES work. Like it or not at the end of the day Hasbro and Paramount need to make money.

Hasbro is certainly more catering to fans than a lot of other companies are, but at the end of the day their no.1 is money going into their pockets, not us. Killing the Bayverse may have upset a lot of fans but it also allowed for that sweet, sweet Bumblebee money to come in. If you wanna really show Hasbro how you feel? Convince yourself and millions of others to stop spending money on anything Transformers related. Then they'll figure out something new since the "current" wouldn't work.

While I'm on the subject might as well speak of G1 also. Now I'm going to freely admit that I'm a pretty ardent GEWUNNER. I honestly have low empathy for non G1 and non Movie portions of the franchise, as G1 and the Bayverse(And Bumblebee) are really the only parts of Transformers that have any relevance or value to me. But looking at it from a business side it certainly makes sense. Nostalgia is HUGE, and we're in a good time for nostalgia right now. Hasbro is rolling in with it what with 80 years of Marvel, 10 years of MCU, Disney's Star Wars potentially backpedalling for more nostalgic theming in Rise of Skywalker. It's a good time to rake in money as nostalgia is a big deal right now.

• Like Like x 14
  16. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Great decision and news! At least the numbers of whiny bayverse fans seem to be dropping.

• Like Like x 3
  17. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    This could simply also be one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing situation. Deborah Thomas is just a Hasbro’s Chief Financial Officer - she's more or less a glorified accountant (no offense to her as it's a very important role in the organization). While she sits in on executive meetings regarding the franchises, I doubt she's actually floor level where decisions on media content and artistic direction take place. She's more about what gets financed and what does not.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

About as close to an official statement of bayverse being dead as we are ever going to get.

Thank GOD. Its finally over.

How is it NOT fair that the films are over when you litterally just stated the bay films existed for a decade? That's THREE YEARS longer than G1's original run, which of itself is longer than the average lifetime of every other major media-backed Transformers incarnation. Is it fair to the RID fans who are routinely snubbed with regards to Hasbro even acknowledging Car Robots 2000 ever existed? Or how about Beast Wars fans when the most that it's long awaited 20th anniversary got was at most a small few toys whereas the films got a full blown revival line of it's own with Studio Series and the official stance from Hasbro wasnt even fully to say the bayverse was dead at the time?

So don't say Hasbro needs to make it fair just to cater to an exclusive subset of people in the fandom just because they didnt like how the bayverse ended up, because then you aren't making it fair to the fans of franchises within Transformers that got snubbed BECAUSE of the films.

• Like Like x 14
  19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good news, all around.

I wouldn't have cared if they had stuck with Bayverse if they had cleaned it up and The Last Knight hadn't been so awful.

Bumblebee was the course correction we needed, it was long overdue. It was also the film we should've had from the get go.

• Like Like x 11
  20. Decepticon Miner

Decepticon Miner Banned

News Credits:
    Exactly. Whatever makes the most money and gets the best praise and reception is what will work for them and is what they want/intend to do. It has nothing to do with fairness. The G2 toyline in the 90s got cancelled as well because it wasn’t making money. At a business standpoint it’s a proven fact that Bumblebee improved sales of the Transformers brand in all departments. The toys except from Cyberverse sold incredibly well and they got a really good profit. Not to mention the fact that Bumblebee also gave them a lot of profit after the disaster of TLK. Bumblebee gave them a lot more money and they gained a lot of money back. In fact Bumblebee made around triple its budget. It’s clear after five films the franchise needed an immediate change which is why Bumblebee was made the way it was. They need the money for the brand to continue and evolve.

• Like Like x 2