Heavy/Scratch: Suborbital Sniper Canon for Siege Hound

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by rusticon, Dec 3, 2019 at 5:13 AM.

1. rusticon

rusticon Well-Known Member

Always loved the idea of a mega sniper canon type of weapon, and so, having been suitably inspired by the one which Dynames used in Gundam 00 - just had to do this.

Presenting the Suborbital Sniper Canon, designed for Siege Hound! Yes, as a military dude, he doesn't get quite enough weaponry. Hence, if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

This bad boy will help Hound take out from threats from above - ranging from seekers up till anything that flies at high altitude. With some powerups, space-based targets (looking at your Astrotrain and Shockwave!) may not be safe either.

Here's the complete piece, together with its Amno containment at the rear. ​

SSCanon01.jpg

Recycled the arm mounted ballastics+radar computer from before too, seems to fit.

SSCanon02.jpg

A closer look at the rear bit, which is meant to be the amno containment unit. With a gun this big, it needs a lot of energon amno juice(?)

SSCanon03.jpg

There are two amno units which peg into the amno containment unit. They are removable so one could make a couple more of them to stack around if it came to it!

SSCanon04.jpg

Here's a shot showing the removal of that back portion. It just tabs on the end of the canon.

SSCanon05.jpg

The Suborbital Sniper Canon on its own.

SSCanon06.jpg

And here are all the parts which make up the canon, so storage is much easier than having to wrangle with a very long and tall piece.

As various figures will have differing proportions, the trigger assembly (with its 5mm peg for holding) comes as a separate piece. Also, there are 3 options for the sniper scope which, allowing for different bots to take up their positions.

SSCanon08.jpg

Hope you had fun checking this one out! It was a doozy to have brought together. As always, if you would like to give this a shot (heh heh), the digital 3d printable files have been made available here - Suborbital Sniper Canon for Transformers Hound | Funbie Studios on Patreon

Enjoy~! =)

• Like Like x 25
  2. funkmonkey007

funkmonkey007 Bah weep gragnah

Sub-orbital...

...okay..

...if you say so

In all seriousness though, that thing would give Trypticon a headache, man. Love your work!

• Like Like x 4
  3. rusticon

Haha, thanks and that's probably true that this *would* be the weapon of choice to take out Trypticon with :p 

• Like Like x 1
  4. Amadeus Novilium

Amadeus Novilium Say Hi To Your Mom For Me

Random Seeker: Wait No, Please. Not th-(Nuclear Fallout Noises.)
    Hound: The answer is no.

• Like Like x 2
  5. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    from the very little research I've done, I can conclude that this would most definitely reach escape velocity and not be suborbital. All joking aside this is very cool and since I just got my new 3d printer I hope to make something like this!

6. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Wow! That's awesome!

7. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Now build him a carrier to haul this thing around.

8. rusticon

*cue the mushroom cloud?*

Well you see, you will need to have a separate minicon, cyberkey, power/prime/titan master to fit in to unlock more power for orbital strikes. Each sold separately ... Haha :p 

Yeah, do have fun with your new 3d printer! It's quite literally the toy which makes toys!

That's probably going to be broadside then? Now, if only they had a Supreme sized class of him, like USS Flagg size ...

9. DashCourageous

DashCourageous Greetings Programs!

Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Size up gundam accessories? I was thinking the carrier they use for the rx-78.

10. lilcarus

lilcarus Well-Known Member

this is so ridiculous it is awesome. great work and such a cool idea.

11. Owlman

Owlman IDW Fan, IF Collector, BW Fanatic

Just a friendly PM reminder, since notifications are off. I am available all day for deal.

12. shinobi77

shinobi77 Fatbastard

Ebay:
    quite frankly this does not fit Hound's character as mostly a scout. However I have been thinking an awful lot that Siege Hound would make a great Ironfist, of which this sort of thing would totally go up that alley, turn around, sit down, do the hokey pokey.....