stupid question...why does the air vehicon wingspan have an arms micron port in back?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by flatline72, Jul 10, 2014.

1. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    i just opened the two pirate wingspan and pounce botcon sets that i bought off ebay.....and there is an arms micron port on the ass end of each of the air vehicon wingspan tfs.

It's exactly like the one that comes on the arms micron car vehicon (see picture) .....the only difference is that the part is made out of white plastic.

[​IMG]

I own the air vehicon (2 and 2 of the grey vehicon commander redeco) and non of them have the port on the end....

does anyone else have this on their air vehicon pirate TF?

2. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    anyone?

3. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Because they used the Arms Micron mold?

4. Kung Fu Man

Kung Fu Man Well-Known Member

Parts mixup possibly, it does make him more unique then at least, no?

5. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    no
    as i said in my post
    ...the other air vehicons don't have that port on the end...i own two of the black air vehicon and two of the commander air vehicon repaint and their rear end looks like the first edition vehicon pictured to the right in the photo.

6. gawddammit

gawddammit Rocketchoochoo

News Credits:
    My guess is, they used the Arms Micron versions of both molds, and mixed up the back pieces during assembly. Whether intentionally or not is anyone's guess.

7. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    anyone else out there own the pirate vehicon set that can verify this is the same on their set or not?

8. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i have a set and mine is like yours. mostly likely just a mix up of who got what rear end. so thanks for pointing this out.

its an easy switch as the back ends just pop off. both back ends are the same as far as size and where the slots are to lock the alt mode in place.

9. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I've seen many people complain that the back piece on Wingspan doesn't close properly, it could be due to the back pieces being on the wrong figures.

To answer your original question, yes my Wingspan has the Micron port at the back.

10. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    yeah if you look at the side panels...there is a tab that slots into the back panel on each side and since that back panel is wrong there is a gap...if you clip off the plastic slot piece on each side then the gap goes away and the back panel then sits flush.

i did this as i don't care about reselling them so doing a slight modification to eliminate that gap gets rid of you seeing the robot head looking at you.

What's weird is the car pirates used the First edition vehicon mold which has no arms micron ports on the car at all....

the chinese factory workers must have been drunk or someone setup a hodge podge of toys molds to get a arms micron port on the ass end of the plane vehicons.

11. BigPhill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It's the Arms Micron/RID mold. I just compared my RID Vehicon to it, and it's almost the same. Well the missing/misplaced Arms Micron Port is on his brother, but that's beside the point.

I don't have a FE Vehicon to compare it to, but I believe they're slightly taller.

Also you can tell it's the Arms Micron/RID mold as the Jet Vehicon was based on that one, so to use a FE and a Arms Micron/RID mold for clones, would be a bit strange.

12. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    It's not strange...the first edition mold for the car vehicon came with a hand weapon for the vehicon....the PRID version did not.

the hand gun that the pounce clone transformer is IDENTICAL to the weapon that comes with the first edition vehicon.

[​IMG]

first edition vehicon on left.....Prime RID vehicon on right.

13. BigPhill

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just looked again and the weapon that you get with Pounce is the same as the one that you get with the RID Vehicon. From looking at a few pics, the Pounce figure is definitely not the FE version.
    The FE weapon is a lot shorter and looks more like a pistol than a rifle.

Apart for the mixed up rear cover the other strange thing is that Pounce comes with the Arms Micron AND the RID weapon. Does this mean that Takara ignored the gun and either binned it or melted it down again (if possible)?
    Also just noticed that Pounce doesn't come with the remolded front arches with the Arms Micron ports. What blueprint did they work to for these two figures? I mean The extra port on Wingspan and the Arms Micron with Pounce?

14. flatline72

flatline72 Banned

News Credits:
    crap, sorry dude, you're completely right about the rifle being PRID.

as far as the arms micron thing....I am totally lost on that....when FP included some of the arms microns with the subscription figures i was totally amazed...i had thought that their moldings were only available with the TF's ....so how they include or dis-include the arms micron figures (weapons) is baffling to me....

15. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I am pretty sure the micron figures are on their own tooling and unique molds. Otherwise, Hasbro would have had a lot of wasted plastic when they produced their toys. That's why the club can randomly use them or Takara could sell them separately.