Stupid eBay buyers!! >_<

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnAutobot1985, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

So here's the deal...

I just sold two video games on eBay. Everything was clearly stated in the description, that 1 game came complete, and the other was missing it's manual.

The auction sold at $110 and I was psyched (need the cash).

So...the buyer sends me an email. He states his browser was having issues and he could not read the description, not realizing one game was missing the manual. He now is telling me that he will not pay and decline to comply with this auction unless I give him a $10 discount (supposedly to buy the manual elsewhere).

WHAT...THE...FUCK??
    :( 

2. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aren't there manuals online?

Plus, a lot of modern games don't even come with manuals.

3. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

Dude, just cancel the auction and move along. Be happy you found out he was a crackhead before you even mailed him the game.

Ebay buyers are TERRIBLE now. It's gotten so out of control. I've been using ebay since 1998/1999 and it's never been this bad. There is zero protection for sellers once you ship out the item, pray the transaction has no problems.

I recommend you cancel the auction, be nice and courteous and hopefully he doesn't leave negative feedback, then move along and re-list it. Don't even risk getting into a case for no reason.

4. AnAutobot1985

He's clearly just being an OCD asshole seeking a discount. I don't know whether to press for payment, or inform eBay of this and just try to sell it to someone else. For all I know this person is going to be nothing but problems and find anything to bitch about after it's shipped. This just sucks.

5. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

That's a pretty piss-poor excuse. If he couldn't read the description, why did he bid/Buy It Now in the first place? You should send him an e-mail saying that everything was honestly and perfectly described in the auction description and it's not your fault for his mistake, and that failure to comply will force you to report him to ebay. Unless you really need the cash, then you can agree to his ******ed terms.

What's his feedback number? Is he relatively new to ebay? Either he could be a noobie, an idiot or he's a pro at scamming sellers.

Is it an easy-to-find/cheap manual? Just wondering...

6. AnAutobot1985

You are right about the whole zero protection for sellers. I get nervous shipping anything over $100 out. Sometimes I have to count on what I make unfortunately.

And your recommendation is appreciated. I considered that option already. But it will be difficult to be nice and not feel compelled to bring this to eBay's attention. I just can't stand this bullshit. Such a waste of my time and energy all because some scumbag wants to treat eBay like a joke.

7. AnAutobot1985

I did tell him it is not my fault and that I expect to be paid. But now I'm thinking I should just cancel this auction (although unfortunately I'd have to wait 2 days as per eBay policy). Fuck this dude, really.

His feedback number, now that you mention it, is only 10. He just joined eBay earlier this year.

The manual might take a bit of work to track down, but it is doable. And quite frankly, not my problem.

8. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

I understand the need to vent, but...

Rule 10. Keep Off-Site Drama Off This Site
    If you had a disagreement or falling out with someone on another site or in real life, if you had a deal go sour on another website or whatever. If it happened elsewhere then don't bring it here. Leave your grievances at the door.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.