Stupid Best Buy....

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by rattrap007, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now I have had problems with Target. Customers would pick up something and put it back in the wrong spot where the price is cheaper. You pick up the item and pay for it at the checkout and than you find out the price is higher. You explain to the cashier that is the wrong price and than you will have to show the price to an Target employee. But come to find out, the cashier rung the item right, but the item was sitting at the wrong spot. Target employees need to watch that and it happened to me twice.

2. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Buying DVDs at rental places ain't much better. We stopped at Hollywood Video one night(Mom has a membership), and I was browing the used DVDs section. I spotted a stack of the 2 disc special edition of Ghost Rider for $7 each, confirming it with the display list of the movies on sale, and snapped one up since I'd been wanting to get that movie. Anyway, I go to pay for it and it rings up at $12. I said that wasn't right and told the cashier where I found it. She proceeds to tell me that another customer must've put it back in the wrong spot(on top of being a snotty teenager). I said, "no there was a whole stack of them there".

She then gets a co-worker and he proceeds to tell me that they don't have a sale like that going on. At this point I was starting to get quite annoyed, so I told him, "you've got a display right over there",*points at it*, "why don't you go see for yourself". So he goes over there and I watch him eye the stack of GR DVDs and the list. He comes back and they ring up the movie at the *right* price, without any kind of apology. On the way out I overheard the guy talking to the manager, and I heard the manager say he didn't even know about the sale. That the day manager must've done it up.

Clearly a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand's doing.

3. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I've found most cashiers to be helpful when there's a question about the price, but if I get one that's giving me lip, I've no qualms about immediately taking it to the manager. I don't waste time on insolent cashiers who are pissed off and looking for a random customer to be passive-aggressive toward.

The customer is ALWAYS right.

4. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I once got some Trek movies at Kmart on a deal like this. They were priced wrong and the lady at the electronics register went and looked and gave them to at the lower price they were marked. No hassles. Guess sometimes you just get stuck with someone who thinks the store's money is there money too.

5. Code

Code Banned

Ebay:
    Maybe the way you were acting and talking made them not want to serve you?

6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    :music 

Yeah those places can be frustrating. But I might have waited for the dude to come back before leaving.

7. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

No kidding. You'd already wasted enough time going through the hassle of even getting him to go look, may as well wait for the extra minute or two for him to come back and give you the right price.

8. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    Speaking as a manager, that's far from always true. A lot of them are just really stupid and think they're right.

My fiance and I bought a TV from them last week. We picked the 720p that was $1299... but they brought out the 1080p that was $1999. We didn't notice, the only thing we noticed was when they scanned it, it came up at the higher price. I told the guy and he changed the price and we walked out with the better TV. They phoned once the next day, but I haven't heard from them since.

Great TV, BTW.

9. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So you are saying you were the stupid one because you didn't notice the difference between the TVs?

10. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

The only real problems with Best Buy that I had was at their store in Ann Arbor, MI. I was looking into buying a Compaq laptop that was on sale (and within my price range, too) last year, and the one sales clerk that I talked to said that the store didn't have it, that the model was going to be "retired," and that if I really want that particular computer, I would have to go to some computer store up in Lansing... WTF? Then he points out to a Toshiba laptop, which was a bit out of my price range, and told me that Toshiba was the best brand. I had my older brother with me, and I asked for his opinion, and he said, "Let's go to the Best Buy in Jackson." So we went to the store in Jackson, and the people there were kind enough to order the laptop that I wanted, as it was still available. At least the people in that store gave me better service than the other store.

Then, another time, I went in to the Ann Arbor Best Buy to get a Nintendo DS and one of the TF Movie games for that game system. When I went to check out, I had rewards certificates to use up, and be my luck, the cashier---a young woman---was new and forgot to scan them before ringing up the total. What a ditz! Ended up having one of the managers to come along and straighten things out. The manager apologized for the mess-up, and just be lucky that I was very forgiving about the whole matter.

However, after that, I very rarely bother to go to Best Buy in Ann Arbor. I get much better service at their store in Jackson. So the moral of the story here? Not all Best Buy stores provide good service to their customers.

11. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

News Credits:
    I noticed the difference in price... of course, the only thing on the box (noticed later) is the small sticker on the side, which does say "1080" but at the end of a long string of numbers. Nothing large to denote it's higher resolution. Personally, if something scanned at THAT much of a difference in price, if I was the one working there, I'd be checking to make sure I have the right item.

12. DeathDrop

DeathDrop Well-Known Member

That could be said for just about every store. Sometimes you get the short end of the stick at some places.

My advice for situations like that is to try and just take it slow and easy. All too common things get turned ugly because of the way things are communicated between customers and workers.