Stupid and Out of Place?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Putrecon, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Putrecon

Putrecon Banned

First off let me say I'm nearly 30 and my favourite era or Transformers is the original comics and show...I stopped watching after that, couldn't get into the others, maybe that makes me reactionary or something but it just didn't seem like the Transformers I knew and loved as a kid. This doesn't make me "geewuhn" or any of that netspeak bullshit...It's just what I prefer and I've always looked into other forms of Transformers shows with an open mind, some of my favourite being Animated. That show was amazing and they really seem to care about the different eras they were drawing from.

Right, now that's out of the way here's my rant...

Y'know all those when you've mentioned something on this board about hopes for the Transformers films and how you hope they incorporate your beloved show into the live action and someone said it was dumb and wouldn't work?

Original voice casting?
    G1 Color schemes?
    Characters like Primus, Unicron, Rattrap etc?
    Theme music?
    The characters relationships from the old shows?

...well, after hearing that Devastator has robo-bollocks I don't think any idea on this board can be called "too crazy for a live action film".

Couple that with stupid, not funny but STUPID "lubrication" humor I don't think there's anything that wouldn't fit into this universe.

Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to see it...Transformers for me should be simple and fun, just like the original shows were :) 

- - -

I wonder if this thread will get something other than the usual dumb "this." "I lol'd" or "geewuhn" replies... That always pisses me off about this board... You get the usual "know it all" posters with almost every post and they reply something like that? ******ed.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Bottom line: Bay and his crew love trolling the fandom.

3. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    You know, you've got a really good argument in the making there, some nice points, people might listen to you...

Then you post this.

First off, 'This' is used to agree with someone who posted exactly what you were thinking. I use it a lot.

Second off, you want us to listen to you? Don't call us "know it all posters". "This" is just used to agree. Don't call it ******ed. That's going to get you made fun of, not your argument.

4. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:

:bowdown: 

5. Putrecon

Putrecon Banned

I wasn't calling the majority "know it all posters" not by a longshot, just the few. I'm sure we've all met them here. The kind of Transformers nerds that give the rest of us Transformer nerds a bad name :D 

The "this" thing I just find kind of of lazy, I'm sorry but I do.

Anyway the stuff at the bottom is a side issue, just something I wanted to vent and maybe in this thread was in appropriate. I'm sure sensible people can look past it and look at the meat of my post, anyone else who wants to pick a fight will, not alot anyone can do about that.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    *facepalm*

7. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

wait? robo balls? did you just give me a spoiler? :( 

8. Putrecon

Putrecon Banned

Fuck, I forgot to add "Facepalm"...that's the worst of all the netspeak bullshit :D 

9. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    You forgot to add this. \/

10. Putrecon

Putrecon Banned

Yes I did, suck it up kid :D  You're on a Transformers movie forum, it's gonna happen...

11. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    The hell did you hear that?

Also, the humor is both for the kids and to keep the movie from being one, big drama-fest. It's like Prime playing basketball or Starscream calling Prime "shiney-pants" in G1. It's dumb humor.

Original Voice-actors: While Prime DOES work and Bumblebee might, the others just won't. Ratchet's G! voice coming out of his movie design? Do not want. Besides, I like the voices they already have.

G1 Colorschemes: For toys, yes. For the movie, again, won't work. Especially Prime and Ironhide, who are mostly red.

Primus, Unicron, rattrap, etc: Again, no. Primus and Unicron have been done to death in previous storylines and alot of fans agree that they shouldn't be included, atleast until they get it right for this Universe. Same with Rattrap. Keep him out until the day they do a Beast Wars movie.

Theme music: Do we really need the G1 theme in EVERY incarnation of the TF franchise?

Character relationships: It's already being done. Bee and Sam, Megs and Starscream, etc. We're already seeing that.

Also, about Soundwave, there was a strong possibilty that he wasn't going to show up in robot mode in TF2 anyways, so get over it. We have another movie in 2012. Let them set him up there.

I don't see how every Transformers series or Universe that has characters associated with G1 besides Prime and Megatron HAS to be a copy. Let it be original for once, like Animated was.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Pardon me your majesty, but you ARE on the internet. And we have BILLIONS of these threads, they're made almost DAILY, I seriously don't think another was required.

Also, just because you put a smilie face after whatever you say doesn't alter the tone of the words.

This is what I don't have the patience to write. Good on ya, sir.

13. Putrecon

Putrecon Banned

3 completely pointless posts in the same amount of minutes? Wow, do you think you'll contribute anything of substance at some point?

...and you call me "your majesty"?? :p 

14. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Well, I do believe they did stay true to the original cartoon, to a certain extent.

Hollywood movies are first and foremost about profits, like dumping Jolt in for a 5 second cameo so it gives Hasbro a chance to sell one more toy. Thus almost every decision taken has potential revenue in mind. And for that to happen, the movie must appeal to a broad audience across all demographics, not just loyal TF fans.

The first movie, although silly in certain aspects, managed that. It appealed not just to TF fans, but also the non-TF ones too. Not sure what its like in other places, but from where I live, there were teenage girls and working adult women going ga-ga over the movie too. Some of my female friends, who have never heard of Transformers before the 2007 movie, even started collecting figures after that. Some could even tell the difference between Hasbro and Takara figures.

That being said, there's also a script to consider. Sometimes certain sacrifices had to be made for the plot to flow in the way the movie makers wanted it to go. Thus, the on-screen depictions of the characters might have to deviate somewhat from source material. To analogize, its like shaving off the sides of a square peg so it fits the round hole.

To be honest, after reading the spoilers, I had my hopes toned down a notch. After all the hype, I had expected more from ROTF. But then again, I understand that the filmmakers and people funding the film saw it neccessary to make ROTF this way, and I'm quite sure they have valid reasons behind it.

After all, I'm not a qualified filmmaker, so I don't think I'm in a position to second guess or criticize the filmmakers about their choices, when I do not know all aspects that were taken into consideration before arriving at that choice.

15. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    You mean like this thread is? All it is is "ITZ NOT GEEWUN ENOGH! ITZ A DESCRACE!" which we've heard a number of times already, now and during the last movie.

And yes, i said "geewun". Are you pissed off? Huh?

16. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

the fact of the matter is that you and many like you use catch phrases constantly to avoid having to thoroughly explains yourselves.

You want to contribute but you feel behind the veil of anonymity that the internet is you can just summarily dismiss people for making points that make yours seem immaterial and then you respond with a MOB word.

The MOB word means when you use facepalm or something like that you instantly call to the others who will instantly back you so that making fun of the subject is more in the fore front than actually discussing it.

you cant denie it you do it all the time . Did you add anything to the conversasion other than to stir the pot ???

no you did NOT and you continue to add insult to injury.

Listen the posters original point stands for all the stupid shit we saw in movie one and even more stupid rediculous shit that is going to be in movie 2 that pretty much there isnt anything that cant work in the TF movie.

So saying "that would never work" for an idea in the movie remember this you have the TWINS which is already being called by those who have seen it ridiculously stupid. If the Devastator having balls is true you pretty have your picture painted for you.

This is not a movie where its anything about what the fans want. Its between two entitiies and that being Michael Bay ego trip vs Hasbro overall guidelines for the movie creation. Michael Bay is not as warm and fuzzy to the fan base like everyone thinks this is just a paycheck this is business. Transformers resurrected his career not the other way around.

There are numerous ideas and concepts out there that would have worked for a Transformers movie we just got the most brainless one.

17. eisen

eisen "CUT ME SOME SLACKS!"

he never claimed to ever be geewun. so i think not. anyway, you both cited arguments that have substance, so just keep it at that. after all, that's what putrecon wanted in the first place right?

(not directed at the quoted poster)
    just because you're on the internet it isn't an excuse to degrade your communication skills.

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Dude, Devyballs is a sight gag. I different kind of stupid than including Unicron or Primus, which have, a better words escapes me, absurd concepts.

19. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

You make my point very clear

that is why im double posting.

the OP has a point its a good point and its valid your point is of little substance or thought like the previous post so either contribute something other than the tired and old " it aint G1" cop out or get out.

You still havent even mentioned anything on this thread other than you love for flaming

20. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I think that the first movie could have worked if they went a little "geewhun" with it but they had better cut it out in the second and third and beyond movies. I really don't think that they are going to want to do a 4th but maybe in another 20 or so years when CGI is lame and old they will do another to reboot if needed.