Studio Series SS 92 Crosshairs

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Pixelmaster, Oct 31, 2022.

1. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm curious to know what you think about this one

2. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Me too! Haha

Amazon says shipped and should arrive tomorrow as promised.

3. NemesisJazz

NemesisJazz Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Darn, i think they could have had the rear bumper fold and be a part of his back to fill it in. A couple more rear hinges maybe to make it better. PXL_20221109_221511477.MP~2.jpg
    Spent some time with him and....if youre going to cheat and make him a partsformer, please make it worth it. His bot mode is all kinds of weird (knees, lack of back).

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Definite pros and cons with this figure. Due to the detail and presence of the character it gets a solid 7/10 from me, but it is fiddly and the articulation takes a lot of getting used to. It also takes some trial and error to learn how to move him around without popping parts off. And yeah I'm definitely glueing that spoiler on, as well as eventually modding the collar pieces to allow the head to rotate more. I think a potential upgrade kit would have leg fillers, and new shoulder pieces that allow the arms to hinge up more. Not much you can do with the backpack without completely redesigning the figure, but honestly I don't dislike the kibble so much in-hand.

IMG_6661.jpg IMG_6666.jpg IMG_6667.jpg IMG_6668.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  5. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He's OK. I like all his toys.
    20221110_225004.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  6. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Confirmed that he can indeed lay hate, with some assistance from Shockwave's death parachute of death:

IMG_6682.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  7. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This figure is... something. Not in a bad way!

Sculpt wise, best version of the character yet, the prior two don't even come close. As to be expected from Studio Series! Terrific sculpting on the head, torso, arms... legs are also 'correct' but suffer from being thin and housing quite a few hinge joints. The Corvette mode is also very, very nice and the green plastic they chose works great. It looked weird in the digital images and the reveal stream but the final mix is great.

He is so wonky to handle. A big learning curve. You CAN get some really good poses out of him and he does have a lot of articulation, but it is really a matter of balancing everything correctly. I honestly have found him better to handle with the car kibble attached to his back rather than popped out. Without it he truly does come off as super thin and flimsy. The car kibble gives him... balance.

The spoiler refuses to stay in so I'm just going to super glue it. They probably want to have it removable for the sake of transformation and because it's one of the clear differences from the AOE version if they ever do a remold, but it's a pain.

I do like him - it just stinks that he is ultimately so fiddly and tiny. I really doubt they could have done better on Crosshairs at this size.

Currently painting mine up so will post pics in the near future!

• Like Like x 7
  8. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Very much my thoughts as well. Honestly I've been so lazy about painting my figures recently though, but I will be doing this guy up a bit....at some point.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    I just got mine from Amazon and after looking up some of the CGI stills online, this guy has massive potential for additional paint apps. I kind of figured he had potential when I looked at him straight out of the box - with all of the unpainted, molded details - but he definitely needs some paint on his arms, legs and feet. He could even use a little bit more paint on the chest.

I’m really looking forward to doing some work on this guy and he’s not even in the top half of favorite characters for me.

• Like Like x 3
  10. AutobotJazz1

AutobotJazz1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some more paint and leg figures will make me love this figure. I do so hope DNA designs steps up to this one soon

• Like Like x 1
  11. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    So I've had Crosshairs for a little over a day and I actually like him a good bit! Overall he is kinda "meh" but I don't find the kibble nearly as egregious in person, he poses well even if you gotta work with everything, the details and overall proportions are great, and the car mode is pretty sweet. Yeah he's a bit thin in spots and the kibble can be troublesome but again doesn't bug me. I don''t know I feel like he is very cool in person!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  12. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wasn't really pushed on this one at first, but he looks pretty good in a lot of the in-hand photos. I've always liked Crosshairs' onscreen design, and it's nice to finally see a figure that well represents his slender and agile figure compared to the chunkier builds of his previous figures

• Like Like x 2
  13. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mine arrived today from Indemand Toys. His left coat/car hood piece is very loose. I thought the pin holding those pieces on had come out but it seems fine. Not sure why it’s so loose. Anyone else have this problem?

14. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I took a black gundam marker to the alt mode to do some simple touchups and here's how it looks. I painted the spoiler, the grey hinges on the top and the insides of the thigh flaps (so the thin green line through the black "V" on the hood wouldn't show). Only took 5mins and I'm happy with the results!

IMG_6704.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  15. TFtoycollector

News Credits:
    Really like what you’ve done. I want to do the same but I’ve never used a gundam marker before and don’t know much about them. Do you know what the numbers mean? I see yours says GM10 200. I’ve seen one black that says 250. I thought they might mean price, like 200 yen or something. But not sure.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Shmoptimus Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Hey thanks! Gundam markers are super easy to use. Just test it on something else first to make sure the paint is flowing properly, and be aware of the angle since they’re angled and you should be fine. The numbers are usually for which color, so maybe yours is a different finish like glossy?

• Like Like x 4
  17. TFtoycollector

News Credits:
    Excellent. Thanks

18. AndreyOfDoom

AndreyOfDoom maximize

News Credits:
    On mine one side of cape gun storage just pops the gun off. Anybody else have this? It worked the first time but now useless.

either gun pops off the same side. Wondering if the peg is too shallow or too wide but worried to shave it

Last edited: Nov 14, 2022
  19. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I really hate the coat, but seeing more pictures is tempting me.

20. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This has happened on lately on several figures of mine. Bottom of peg is too wide. Shave a bit off the sides of the peg towards the bottom so it's shaped more like a "V" instead of the "A" shape it has now. DO NOT shave any off the top or it will probably end up being too loose.

Just got this guy today, had to do a lot of work to make him good. Drilled and pinned the hip flaps that kept falling off (so sick of this shit Hasbro, quit being cheap with pins), glued spoiler, trimmed the useless gray square panels on the shoulders so the arms could move back more, shaved the roof hinges so it would compress all the way in for his cape/backpack.

Now that nothing falls off and everything moves like it should, he's decent IMO.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 3