Studio Series SS-38 Optimus Prime from the Bumblebee Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mr.Deflok, Dec 19, 2018.

1. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a shame when threads like these end up in the toilet. One flush and it's all up Schitt's creek without a paddle.

Honestly, I'm considering making this my G1 Optimus for my CHUG shelf. I'm THAT impressed with it. Wow.

It's incredibly sneaky. I applaud it because it serves my needs and I can admit I'm selfish at times, but it's definitely sneaky. ;) 

Hey! There's no need to be throwing hats at people. ...use rocks. Hit the soft spots, face, and genitals, hurts more and your message gets across better. Better yet...

[​IMG]

I'm a little surprised by you and Mnemonic. You've been on the boards and in the fandom long enough to know where the movies and the subsequent toy line are going and that this was planned. Getting angry about this, at this point, is needless frustration and a waste of energy. If this actually has to be explained to you guys, then somehow you've been missing the memo all along.

No one's forcing you to buy this or go see the movie, there's no gun to your head. Close the thread, take a walk outside, anything but this if it causes you this much discomfort. I just don't get it.

This. It's starting to hurt my brain to see all of this fly over the heads of seemingly intelligent and brilliant people. I'm befuddled.

• Like Like x 7
  2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Crazy like the Fox

And suddenly Studio Series has my full attention after endless trash releases (yes I like the DOTM megatron too but he ain't out yet!)

• Like Like x 1
  3. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

Liking the long-nose version is fine and good, but from a practicality, 'disguise' standpoint, the COE makes more sense. As others have pointed out, they're still fairly common in every country, and in many countries, they're the only semi design that's viable. I remember someone in the UK once saying that the long-nose trucks really weren't seen there as they're too large for many of the roads. Were I an alien out to protect a planet, I'd pick an alt mode that would be viable in the largest geographic range possible.

• Like Like x 2
  4. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I mean, they pretty much did. G1 Prime and movie Prime are two different characters in two different universes, and share nothing other than the fact that they have the same voice actor and same name, so...

[​IMG]

Which I find odd, because I cannot remember the last time I saw a cab-over anywhere, and we live in the same state. o_O 

• Like Like x 1
  5. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    haha,well you had a good 10 year run

• Like Like x 6
  6. Michael Kenney

Michael Kenney Active Member

Wow that was quick. Looks great, I can’t wait to see it in person.

7. Mercutio

Mercutio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    AWWWWWESOME. If this figure can turn into that truck, I will be a very happy Transformers fan.

• Like Like x 2
  8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I figured this design would get a figure eventually. :)  I'm honestly more excited for both the new SS Movie 1 Optimus and the Leader DOTM Optimus but I'm glad this is giving the people who love the new design what they wanted.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    To be fair. This wasn't supposed to leak yet until after those had sold more and we were already moving on to Leader Class siege Prime.
    Same as this leak bites into the Takara Bumblebee Prime release too. But also due to hype, siege prime will still sell by having more versions of Prime at market. That one's cybertron mode and also COMBAT system integrated, and apparently this one is allegedly earth mode. It's really not much different than having several Optimus Prime at shelf at the same time because of different demand in different styles. Not that uncommon at all, and is something that's happened all the way back since AEC and Classics.

But this way, people can now have G1 movie stuff on their shelves with Prime and VW Bee.

Now if only we'd get that G1 paint apps Jazz to go with it... (Right now, the TF2007 target exclusive one is the only one of that.)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  10. Terrellatron

Terrellatron REPAIR REPAIR REPAIR

News Credits:
    I need the seekers..... NOW!

• Like Like x 1
  11. grimlockgravez

grimlockgravez Dinobot

News Credits:
    Smoke stacks are not quite right, but this could have been pulled from an early design. he looks pretty on point albeit a bit chunky. But he looks good. I be pumped if this is the real deal. At this point what's one more Optimus in my collection. lol

12. Dconworshipper

Dconworshipper decepticon

i like the look of the figure!

and it's understandable some of the more recent/upcoming figures are from the bee movie,perhaps the later half of 2019 and the year 2020 will go all in on dark of the moon characters. (just imagine a leader class devcon) and ofcourse soundwave,dino,wheeljack,sentinel and the wreckers.

13. convoy84

convoy84 misses you like the deserts miss the rain.

News Credits:
    Here's my thing, though, and I will point out that I happen to really like this design while I'm at it: do you guys like this design more than the rest because it looks like G1 Prime and, as a result, it looks more familiar and closer to what you enjoy most?

I dunno, I happen to prefer the initial design from the movies simply because it was something largely different. There's a finite magic present in that first scene where Sam meets the Autobots that I don't think would be nearly as present if Optimus turned into a cab-over from the start. You know, we know what the transformation scheme looks like for that Prime: upper torso from the cab, legs from the bed. Meanwhile, back in 2007, there was this air of mystery because he had a different vehicle mode and, suddenly, there was this whole other chunk of mass to him! What was it gonna do? Was it just gonna make shoulderpads like G2 Laser Prime? (No, obviously.) And so we suddenly had this new Optimus who transformed completely differently (note the arms coming out of the engine and not the cab) and looked differently versus the G1 version, which I really appreciate...but apparently that's just me.

• Like Like x 3
  14. jbvirus

jbvirus Autobot

Okay so am I the only hoping that this means we will get a masterpiece version of this guy too since they did that with VW Bee? Cause I really dig this and hope we get a masterpiece
    of him now.

• Like Like x 5
  15. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    Idk, even if this is a cybertronian OP, it still looks vastly different from Siege OP and of course it lacks the customization etc

• Like Like x 2
  16. PrimalFury

PrimalFury The Chosen One

News Credits:
    It's very surprising that this Optimus Prime and that other Optimus Prime has a similar look in that they both look like an Optimus Prime.

• Like Like x 5
  17. peteynorth

peteynorth TFW2005 Supporter

I think it's not any perceived lack of rain that raises the question of windshield wipers, I think it's more the perceived lack of passengers, or even if there are passengers, the need for the passengers to see as Prime would be driving himself.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    But how do they see? Headlights would make an awful lot of light to filter out to see around(and messes with camera systems focus and light intake). So in vehicle mode, the windshield might very well be the eyes, or behind it at least. At least that's how it's always been implied in the past outside of War Within and the WFC/FOC games.

So I'd assume the wipers are there for that reason, or the rare instances when a bot has to give manual control over to a passenger. Though it's also possible the viewing apparatus is variable. From different spots as needed per circumstance of any being blocked.

Then it's also common courtesy to let your passenger be able to see out. Otherwise they may feel more enclosed or held captive etc. Little courtesies like that so you can see destination or give directions and you would need to see outside.

19. bigfootRULES

bigfootRULES Well-Known Member

well the Quintessons did invade Cybertron in the past and modified the bots to suite their needs like passenger seats and cockpits.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Argentenoboy

Argentenoboy Only mostly dead

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Little did we know this was all part of Hasbro's plan to get Generations buyers to buy SS toys. The clever bastards.

Looks a bit chunky, but I'm still looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 2