Minor/Repaint: Studio Series Jazz wing on back

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Hoptimus, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Hoptimus

Hoptimus How I roll.

News Credits:
    Still on my Studio Series modding streak, I have something for wee little Jazz.

[​IMG]

I wanted to put the rear wing and taillights on his upper back, as he seems to have them in the movie. So I shaved the tabs on the underside of the roof kibble that hold the rear body on, the wing and taillights. I didn’t want to risk damaging the painted translucent plastic by pulling that pin; this way, the rear wing part will still pop back on for alt mode.

[​IMG]

Besides, you need the pin to stay in the silver body part with the wing for the next step. This is a beautiful coincidence- the space that Jazz’s head folds down into is the precisely perfect width to hold the rear wing part in place by its pin. For best results, you need to shave down the underside of the arm sticking out of the rear wing part. Trial and error will let you lower the wing so it doesn’t stick up so far, and it’s still held snugly in place by the pin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He still has his his backpack, but I think moving that rear wing onto his upper back thins out the backpack, and gives a bit of screen accuracy. You could remove the backpack, as I did with Lockdown, but Jazz’s is pretty lightweight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 22
  2. King Glurch

King Glurch I’m gonna miss you when I’m gone

YouTube (Legacy):
    That's really cool. Really makes me wish Hasbro would've made the backpack flip around to do this.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Rakuen_Nox

Rakuen_Nox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for sharing this mod Hoptimus, it gives him a near perfect silhouette; I'm much happier with my Jazz now!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4