Studio Series Deluxe Class Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Negronicus, Feb 20, 2018.

1. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm not asking for a miracle - just the chevron piece under his chin mainly.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Mine's a loose floppy gd mess, going to swap when possible since I love the highly detailed design.

Besides the windshield falling off, the arm/cannon falls off, ball joints are loose af & feet pegs don't hold.

For those sticking to their QC errored Bees, it seems like the best fix is to future/pledge floor polish all his joints, coat the gunarm nub in superglue to add a sturdy layer, then drill some holes in the roof clip & pin it.

If i had sausage fingers this dude would make me flip my shit :lol 

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Personally waiting for the comparison between this & SS Jazz, before I make a decision.

4. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    I was able to transform this guy without popping off any parts. The figure is a substantive subtraction from the TLK mold; This toy takes the best parts of the TLK mold and ruins them. All of that said: It's still a fun toy. I had to use some nail polish on the loose joints, though - Once the polish set, it did vastly improved the stability of the figure.

If you were able to get the TLK mold, you can pass on this one. If you weren't... well, this is still a pass. It's just not a great mold. Unfortunately.

• Like Like x 2
  5. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

Yeah, I got the TLK figure after I ordered this one, but before I recieved it. The TLK one fits the skeleton way better, and the only thing this one has over it in execution is the tolerances and fit of the ankles.

I did try using heat to reshape the windshield hinge, but after the results of that were mediocre, I drilled and pinned it. Much better, but even with that fixed the skeleton was designed with the roomier modern camero shell in mind, so that one just plays much better and gets in it's own way less. Just with things like the clearances available to the arms, doors and wheels when they're all occupying a similar space in car mode.

I do like this guy, but I won't deny that the uglier 2017 Camaro makes for a nicer toy to handle, and the work required (tightening up the hips and foot tabs) are orders of magnitude less involved than what this studio series figure requires to handle nicely.

Also, somewhat amusingly, if you go back to the thread for the TLK figure there is a post from last summer wishing for a 77 Camero retool. I hope that they're happy?

• Like Like x 2
  6. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    I personally had no issues with the windshield popping off. The only issue mine has is loose hip joints which make posing a bit of a chore, and a small stress mark on his hood. Otherwise, he's pretty neat, albeit on the small side.

Also, can I take a moment to vent about how shitty the recent instruction sheets are? I actually just transformed all my new Studio Series figures without them because I couldn't stand looking at them.

7. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The hood on mine refuses to go in to place.
    It just doesn’t go down far enough over the front and nothing holds the front in to secure it. It just pops back up every time I attempt to secure it and finish the transformation.

EDIT: the problem for me getting the hood to seat properly was the culprit of the pin holding the hood on being ever so slightly offset (and I mean ever so slightly) out of the hole.

This caused the hood to have issues getting passed the black plastic part it needs to clear when collapsing for the alt mode.

A little trim of that black plastic later and he snaps together perfectly.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Got him yesterday. Hips are a little loose but that can be fixed with some floor polish. The blaster and arm stay on the peg fine but when I pull the arm out when transforming to vehicle mode, I pull the forearm off the hinge joint. I think a little floor polish there will help too.

As far as the top popping off, I had it happen like a dozen times when I first transformed him. But I realized it was too tight to put the top on then. So I tried again with putting the hood on earlier and no pop off. I repeated the process and it works fine. So yeah, no major issues, just need to tighten up some joints.

9. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

I am still amazed they make these toys for children; who have no knowledge of Future, clear nail polish and drilling in pins.

Can you imagine taking *this* toy out of the box and attempting to do ANYTHING with it?

That said....I have knowledge of all the aforementioned things and my Bumblebee is awesome. ....but still. lol

• Like Like x 3
  10. pokemonsdoom

pokemonsdoom MadameVixen

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bumblebee arrived first transformation no parts popped off second transformation elbow popped off the joint on the right arm

11. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Amazing what a simple black wash to the face does to this guy. His face looked bland and dead until I attacked it with a brush.
    9C353C00-F049-4D06-B169-714A2AD05463.jpeg

I actually ended up really liking this figure, but it could use some refinements to make it a little more polished feeling in hand.

This is one of those figures that requires a specific order of operations to be followed or you will end up popping off parts that want to interact badly with the other during the transformation process.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 14
  12. 1BLD

1BLD Well-Known Member

That looks really good.

And he made such a poor impression for the reasons you mentioned, even if he is decent after you indulge it and learn how to work with the problems. Not that that stipulation is a good thing.

13. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I’m just going to buy two of this guy, keep whichever one is more solid, and return the other one.

14. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How does doing Emgos transformation of this work out for you guys,any issues?

15. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    it worked good for me, my only issue is his right forearm falling off when folding it under the car.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Yeah, works totally fine. The arm still pops off at the elbow joint (not the peg but the hinge itself) from time to time. I think a little future polish there will help make the joint tighter and reduce that.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Eurobeatking

Eurobeatking Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good to hear,I dont have him yet,still waiting for my area to stock the SS Figures,looking forward to getting them.

18. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    So count me amount the minority but I LOVE this figure. I bout the TLK Deluxe 2017 Camaro Bumblebee and now I have him at the beginning and the end. I love the design, the look of the car, and once I figured out the transformation it is fun to pull off. I was already getting Jazz but I bought Ratchet and I'm going to get a Deluxe Ironhide so I have the entire Movie 1 Autobot cast while my TLK Bee will go with TLK Hound and Prime and AOE Crosshairs and Drift so I have the Movie 4 Team.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Okay, here are my thoughts. If you buy this figure, your best option is to buy two copies and plan to return one, because chances are, one of them will have loose ankles.

However, after handling two copies, I am convinced that the other issues with this figure are not due to poor quality control. The materials are the problem. The parts cast in transparent plastic and black plastic are too flexible. They do not retain their shape well enough for the design to work as intended, so virtually every copy of this figure will have loose hips and a loose windshield right out of the box. I removed these parts, warmed them up with a hair dryer, and gently pinched them. Now the windshield is rock solid, the hips are much tighter, and everything holds together nicely during transformation.

That being said, if you are not going all-in on the Studio Series lineup, you can totally skip this version of Bee. He looks nice and has a good range of motion, but this is a scout-sized transformer that costs $20. There is nothing new or spectacular that sets him apart from previous figures. If you are like me, you will buy him solely to have the first movie characters in scale with one another.

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

BOTTOM LINE: This is one of those figures that you buy for what it is as opposed to what it does.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  20. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    I think this bee has the best bot proportions of any movie deluxe bee before him.

• Like Like x 3