Studio Series Deluxe Class Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Negronicus, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    It helps if you rotate the headlight bits inward to make more room for the grille as you move it up/down.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Inwards up or inwards down? I'm not at home so I can't try it, but that sounds like it might create less space for the grille to move.

3. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    Like this.

Bee.jpg

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  4. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

The small size actually made me order these!
    I always was bummed that the scale of DOTM Ironhide never matched up and now it does! I hope they make Sideswipe,Jolt, Twins and such in exactly this size to!
    I am a succer for scale

The issues I am not bothered with, I will mod them all as I do not like the lack of paintapps.. This car needs a proper paintjob to make it a junker as it is on screen.

5. thunder117

thunder117 Magna Defender

Ebay:
    Man, fuck the hinges on this figure.

Really HasTak? Couldn't do pins on the biceps or roof panel?

6. Metalwario64

Metalwario64 City Commander

Am I the only one who's never had an issue with things popping off or breaking on this figure? It was my first movie Bumblebee figure and I've had no issues with it aside from a loose right hip and the grill being hard to un-tab from vehicle mode.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kotori Sonoda

Kotori Sonoda Mihono Bourbon's hero

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    same here, I don't really have any problems with this guy, transformation has been fine. Then again I already had experience with TLK Bee and I've seen reviews of this guy, so I knew what to expect.

8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I wish the prices were in scale too, then this bee would've been atleast $5 less than the rest.

He's ok, a bit overrated.

• Like Like x 1
  9. erwinsims

erwinsims Well-Known Member

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you, I do not mind the price at all especially for what you are getting. I started repainting him yesterday and there is so much detail and effort that went into this guy!
    He is stunning! Since I am in europe, I had to pay 27 euro to get him and I would do so again!

Only thing I would say is a bummer is that the rear wheels match the fronts.. they did not in the movie and that is a missed chance.

To me these are adult-collectabled instead of toys and if you see them in that light, They are not bad at all!

10. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

Decided to get mine, and, well...

No QC issues on my copy so I can appreciate the engineering more than it was with TLK Bee.

Might even be my favorite mass retail release Bayverse Bee figure ever.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ThePrimeCustoms

ThePrimeCustoms Plastic lover/painter

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Just got mine last night and he's pretty flawless, like.. all the joints are tight (including the feet) and i've had no issues with the roof at all, could be that the later runs of this figure fixed the qc issues.

12. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Finally jumped on this guy after seeing him in person at the store. Here's my mini-review:

HE LOOKS GREAT BUT IS THE WORST QC NIGHTMARE I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED.

Seriously, if I even LOOK at him the wrong way the fucking kibble backpack falls apart and the legs start to sag. Guess I'll have to take a hair dryer to him and try and bend the hinges together more. Fuck this shit I'm mad. However it's great to know that he is much better proportioned and has some great upgrades to the TLK Bee which I thought was pretty shit.

• Like Like x 2
  13. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    So, I took this guy out again last night to fiddle with him. A couple weeks ago, I got a second one to try and right some of the QC errors on my first one (loose hips, etc.). I switched out some parts to make kind of a mish-mash of better parts, but now I've started having problems I didn't have before, such as the roof now popping off. I'm fairly certain I didn't accidentally swap that piece, so I don't know what happened.

I don't know, I really liked this guy when I first got him, but after handling some of the other SS figures, I've started to see how phoned-in Bee was. If everything actually locked into place the way it was supposed to, he'd be a decent figure, but over all, he's more annoying than anything.

14. jru42287

News Credits:
    So, there's a tab that's supposed to lock his foot into his ankle joint. On mine, the way the foot is constructed doesn't seem to want to allow that to happen. It leaves a gap in the foot, and it also seems like the tab doesn't want to stay together either. Is it like that on all of them?

15. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    You might've gotten a dud. Can you do me a favor and take a picture of the bottom of the vehicle mode? I think I know what's going on with your copy.

No promises.

16. jru42287

News Credits:
    I'll try to remember when I get home. It holds together okay as is, but I feel like he'd be rock solid if it actually locked in place.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    100% agreed. for once we actually have an ADULT THEMED, RETAIL TF LINE. These are made for collectors. I have NO problem with paying more for this type of quality and detail.

The only stinker I have got was Megatron, and Im gunna call Hasbro to see if they will fix me up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks for the honest review. I'm tempted by this but seeing the silver(brightest should've been gunmetal at most) and plain grey parts make it look bland to me(and I don't know why Hasbro didn't price this for less like $15 in a smaller pricepoint/size class. Yes Hasbro made this line generally to scale across the board in robot mode and cost was probably divided between the wave but the latter won't matter to someone just buying 1 figure or some, not the entire wave. Had the grey parts been molded in black instead and the face/painted grey parts been gunmetal instead of grey, I'd be more tempted. I think I'm fine for now with the old Camaro figure from the 1st movie.

19. LZSchneider

LZSchneider Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Alright I caved and bought Bumblebee and hooolllllly shyet this toy is garbage.

The joints are loose and the hood pops off constantly in two places. His gun arm also pops off in two places constantly and never mind the tiny winglets suffering the same issue.

This would be partially forgivable for just displaying, but the toy is friggen 90% shins and 10% hands. This thing is ugly as sin. Boy oh boy, Hasbro's dun done it to me again!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  20. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I actually really like the look, size, and especially the alt mode of this figure. What mostly makes it a piece of shit is the QC, which is across-the-board unforgivable.

I used my stove top to try and heat up the plastic on the hood piece to try and bend it to tighten the joint. It worked a little but it still barely holds on. Also, the shins don't lock into place? Come ON that's lame. And the arm swap gimmick, while better than the wrong-arm mushroom peg bullshit of the TLK mold, is still corny as fuck. Why didn't they at least make it a piece that slips over the arm once the hand is folded in?

• Like Like x 1