Studio Series Deluxe Class Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Negronicus, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Unkle G

Unkle G Well-Known Member

How does this scale with the TLK Autobots?

2. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Would you say this is a better method than using Floor Polish? I haven't had time to do any joint tightening but I was planning to do some floor polish on Bee and Ratchet (his hips are a bit loose on mine).

3. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I thought about adding some floor polish as well, but the hairdryer method worked well enough that I'm not going to bother.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I’m sorry to say how disappointed I am with this figure. I’ve had nothing but trouble with the roof and arm falling off, and just now the clear plastic tab to the room broke. I have no idea how this figure made it to shelves with these issues intact.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    for that type of joint..yeah. a ball joint? future.

6. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    It actually broke? Dang. If you still have the box, I would return it as defective.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I plan to. I also have Optimus and Starscream and those two are great, so I know there is greatness in this line. I’m running to Target after work to swap it for a new one if they’re in stock.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I've been looking forward to getting this guy for a while, and I finally picked him up yesterday! I asked a Meijer employee if they had any in the storeroom, and he came out with a whole pile of Studio Series deluxes! This is the only one I'm really interested in though.

I'm torn on the toy itself. I love the appearance in both modes. I'll probably mainly display it in robot mode, it's among the best movie Bumblebees I've seen. The Camaro mode is also very nice looking. Also, I don't really mind the smaller size, I don't have a problem with smaller toys (although it probably could have been cheaper for the size).

Unfortunately the engineering isn't that great. Mine isn't as loose as some people claim, but it's tricky to get everything inside of the vehicle form. I actually have yet to transform it without the roof popping off. Another complaint I have is that the cannon is a little short. It feels like it should stick out longer than the wrist.

I was a little disappointed at first, but the more I play with it, the more I enjoy it. I'm definitely keeping it (if nothing else purely for the look). I still prefer the 2007 Concept Camaro Bumblebee (my personal favorite movie Bee), but I would put this up there with one of the better movie Bee's I've owned.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Beyond the usual issues (loose joints and easy pop off windshield) I really like this figure. Missed out on tlk wave 3 bee but I’m glad that I did. This looks more refined and I like the classic Camaro more.

• Like Like x 1
  10. mtblanks

mtblanks Champion of the sun

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    The legs on mine are floppy as hell, and it's misassembled, preventing it from coming together in alt mode.

The circled parts are specific to each side, but mine has two right-side pieces.
    IMAG2398_zps4weml60f_edit_1524263039610.jpg
    IMAG2396.jpg IMAG2397.jpg

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Medic

News Credits:
    I'm pretty sure it's the same part on both sides. You should be able to pop off the yellow fender bit, rotate the black piece 180 degrees, and pop it back on.

• Like Like x 2
  12. mtblanks

mtblanks Champion of the sun

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That did it! Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Haywired

Haywired Hakunamatatacon

As much as I'd like to risk this figure, it looks really good in the bot mode...

...from this thread alone I can see how it's plagued with the same problem the Wave 3 TLK Bumblebee had.

This level of complexity is simply too much for the current questionable level of the HasTak QC.

14. Mudslide

Mudslide Eyes rolled so hard they fell out of my head.

Just got him today. My oh my. Very few Transformers deserve the "worst ever" label, however, this one is up there with PRID Airachnid.

• Like Like x 1
  15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I´m starting to regret selling the 07 Classic Camaro I had.

16. Megatronus

Megatronus Decepticon

News Credits:
    Something I just wanna point out real quick:

I got this guy from HTS back on release and he was pretty much like what you've heard. Floppy legs, loose roof that falls off constantly, but I managed to love him anyway due to his great robot mode, fun weapon, and fantastic alt-mode.

I tried to fix the floppy roof with heat, but I guess I used too much heat or tried to bend it too far, cause it got real brittle and the hinge snapped. I bought a replacement on Amazon when Studio Series came out on there.

And that replacement, let me tell you: he's flawless. Tight joints all around, everything tabs in, it's great. Even the roof is better! It stays on, actually tabs in to the hood for alt-mode, and is tight enough to not be annoying. I couldn't be happier.

So I guess my point here is that QC is spotty. It's ALWAYS been spotty. Don't base your entire opinion on a figure by virtue of its perceived QC problems. Not every Bee is gonna be bad. Maybe I just got super lucky, but I'm gonna say it anyway: take a chance on Bee. He's worth it.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    am i the only one who loves this figure its a great figure love it more than the tlk version the feet tight so are limbs the car mode is fantastic and the cannon is the right arm 8/10 my only complain is that the roof shouldve had a pin so it can stop poping off everytime hopefully the wave 2 release has it

18. CookieFactory

CookieFactory Well-Known Member

Mine is perfectly fine as well.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So I picked this guy up today and there's no problem with the roof on mine. Instead, it's the feet. I can't negotiate the hinge on the bottom of the roof to get in between the feet because they don't tab into the backs of the thighs properly. Eventually I figured out to put the roof down while the doors are still open, then close the feet around it, then close the door.

Also, am I transforming it wrong, or is getting the grille section of the hood open for robot mode ans back down for alt mode really terrifyingly brutal?

• Like Like x 2
  20. DimiCharles

DimiCharles Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah mine is the same-took me 2 times where I bailed out of the transformation, but third time I just took it slowly and it moved into place haha!

Also this is my favourite BB figure by far-and mine only has the roof issue, which I honestly don't care about, as it folds away securely in robot mode and still tabs in in car mode, it only adds a 'reattach roof' step to transformation so I still recommend this guy!

• Like Like x 1