Minor/Repaint: Studio Series Constructicons Part 1

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Kaska, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Kaska

Kaska Member

Thought i'd upload the first batch of ROTF Constructiboys that i've been painting.

Long Haul is a big chonky boy and i love him.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 16
  2. Lukelbs

Lukelbs I am responsible for my own disappointment.

Great weathering! Can't wait to see the the next four along with the combined mode....in one year from now, hopefully.

• Like Like x 1
  3. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    Wow. I’m usually not a big fan of weathering paintjobs -usually because most painters go way overboard. But your work looks very subtle and natural. Great work!

4. Kaska

Kaska Member

Thanks guys, I do plan on the full set whenever they come out, then the biggest boy himself.

My weathering is about the height of my ability, i've never been able to airbrush so its mostly just the Tamiya panel line and then cleaning any over spill.
    With some dry brush paint chips.

The panel line thing is so relaxing though, i see all the WFC figures and all i wanna do is paint their lines.
    Especially that Unicron.
    I don't even want any of the WFC figures, i just wanna paint them.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Baryonyx Prime

Baryonyx Prime Active Member

Looks good! I want to weather my Constructicons but I have no idea where to start.

6. Spadeshock

Spadeshock Mostly unpleasant

I aways forget how cool movie bots look with some panel lining. Nicely done!

7. Kaska

Kaska Member

The way i do it is by painting the figure in whatever colours i want it to be, i don't prime them or anything, just paint on top.
    As long as its not too thick it doesn't effect transformation and doesn't rub off easily (unless its a super tight joint to begin with).
    I use Tamiya paints coz i've found them the best to work with, they're a little more expensive than some but its worth it.

Most Transformers i paint will have Tamiya Gun Metal for mechanical parts.
    Then i'll use a smallish flat brush with a little bit of Tamiya Chrome Silver and gently brush along edges of the figure to look like paint chipping.
    See the example picture below (i haven't put paint on the brush just to show you, the paint you can see on the other end is leftover from not cleaning it properly. When you do this detailing just have a little paint on the tip of the brush)

After that i use Tamiya Panel Line Accent Color on panel lines, the edges of panels, details, etc.
    I love doing panel lines with this, putting a little on the brush and watching it follow the panel line down, i find it relaxing.

If i need to clean up the Panel Lines, i use a cotton bud (Q-tip i think for any Americans) with nail varnish remover and just rub over any bits that i need to clean.
    When i did the SS Blackout i detailed pretty much the whole helicopter and due to a lot of small lines and dots i had to use a lot of remover to clean it up.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Yohan PLMIXMB

Yohan PLMIXMB Not well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube:
    Great done paint job

9. ziltama

ziltama Lurks, mods, molds, and casts

News Credits:
    Too bad it's such a pain to fix Rampage's reversed belly, otherwise, that'd be an area to paint differently on both sides.