Studio Series Constructicon Long Haul

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Shmoptimus Prime, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Yaujta

Yaujta Split second of divinity... Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Oops, sorry about that. I haven't been following the thread that much and missed it.

2. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I noticed that if you open the forearm the bit pin can sink a bit deeper but there is not enough depth in the inner forearm to accommodate it, however on the other arm the same did not happen, seems the peg is the issue (but then the screw gets in the way!) anyway the engineering on the arms seems asymmetrical and I;m leaving mine alone for now, im not to bothered about the unlocking vehicle parts, I did cure the waist swivel ratchet issue which was bugging me!

3. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Just glad to see someone else discover the easy fix!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:

That was not my experience, both sides had the same issues, and wouldn’t fully collapse until both the shaft and the screw was cut down, it certainly collapsed a little bit more just buy loosening the screw or cutting the peg, but I couldn’t get complete collapse just doing that, and I didn’t want tocut the peg because it’s used in foot mode

5. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD Lockdown's #1 Fan

Sorry I haven't seen these couple of posts, but if you still haven't glued the butt plate back on, open him up and take another look:
    TFW001.JPG
    Top left is how mine came rotated, bottom left is after the 90 degree turn.
    In the front crotch piece there's a very shallow rectangular slot (shown in red, deeper than what you have in silver, & it barely looks like a slot because it has a gap in the center of it) that the rectangular tab should sit in (completely loose until reassembly). Even if yours is cut in a strange way (pic? Is it cut short so the the 90 degree rotation won't help?), the rectangular tab should loosely sit in that slot in the front piece, so when you put the crotch pieces together, the tab will make contact the back as well and hold it all together tight.
    Wish I had known about this before cutting the forearm tabs... with your way you can't even see the mod. Very nice.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  6. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    1: waste Fix
    2: Arm panel fix
    3: Knee fix

You too can have a properly transforming figure. In just three easy steps. o_O 

• Like Like x 3
  7. f-primusunicron

f-primusunicron Unicron Herald BladeZero

News Credits:
    Now if only there was a way to make him taller...1 or 2 cma taller, it would be perfect

• Like Like x 2
  8. microclone

News Credits:
    The 90 degree rotation did help a little bit however I found it still wiggle enough to mean there was a lot of freedom of movement between clicks, the paper glued at the opening just grabs the neck of the peg enough to really prevent much motion. Seems at least the issues can be variously fixed, I just hope that Hasbro make a few running changes with this mold as in its current form it is not functioning as it should.

I will say that modding this to work is a pita, just the way the arms and shoulders move and get in the way is incredibly frustrating, my plan is to keep him mainly as a foot!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Oh wow, no I haven’t experienced that at all. The backpack on mine stays together perfectly.
    Thanks so much for the clarification! I’ll get to this eventually. I don’t intend to transform long haul that much since I like his bot mode the most but when I do decide to “fix” him I’ll refer right back to this.

10. Bumblejazz

Bumblejazz Your new best friend

News Credits:
    Love the robot mode, don't like the transformation much. Mainly the arm part, I really struggle with that. The left hand refuses to tab in place in truck mode, but the right hand is fine.
    20190823_212816.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ruination20

Ruination20 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yesterday, I received my SS-34 Long Haul "Takara version" from HLJ. My copy doesn't have the loose waist that was reported of the "Hasbro version".

2019-08-24 13.46.34.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  12. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Mine is Hasbro and doesn’t have the loose waist issue. Does the Takara release have sides that bow out in alt mode?

13. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Same here.

14. Ruination20

Ruination20 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Not Bad

20190825_114115.jpg

20190825_114158.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  15. neevnav

neevnav The Flying Dutchman

News Credits:
    Mine doesn't have the loose waste, but does have the bowing out problem. I'm going to try shortening the pegs and see if that fixes it.

16. ObakaChanTachi

ObakaChanTachi Available by prescription only

News Credits:
    Only 15-16 cm or barely Ironhide’s height. That isn’t enough. He needs a total do-over to reach the size his CGI model was.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mixmaster

Mixmaster [Excited quacking]

News Credits:
  18. microclone

News Credits:
    I do wonder about the waist peg and how it was designed to be fixed into the pelvis.

The peg on mine had a bit obviously sheared off on one side for assembly, maybe it is not fitting in as it should so in the factory they tried a rough fix? The foot mode allows 3 clicks on the ratchet but when I first got mine if I picked up the foot at the lower leg and shook it the foot would wobble easily, now it is much stiffer after a quick mod. I think once the peg is immovable against one half (at least) of the pelvis it will require more pressure to move it between the ratchet positions. I wish the ratchet had more indents though like rampage (rampage has 24 clicks per rotation vs 12!) however in practice I'm sure it will work as a posable foot.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  19. jru42287

jru42287 Ass Möde is a way of life.

News Credits:
    When people say "loose waist," how loose are we talking? Mine has some give, but only because of the spacing of the ratchets.

20. microclone

News Credits:
    I think its a measure of how easily the rotation is between the ratchet clicks rather than the distance, until I fixed mine the foot would wobble left/right very easily, now it has to be pushed more firmly before click is heard. It is not the ratchet itself that is problematic but the fact that the peg inserted in the pelvis in not very tight so it can move easily before the ratchet itself is moved

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2