Studio Series BB Ratchet Review

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by daimchoc, Dec 3, 2021.

1. GrimCharr

GrimCharr SciFi Geezer

My anticipation is to see what the SS86 Ironhide will be. If it's still coming out. And it's supposed to be a voyager. And assuming Earth mode since SS86. So I'm lighting a candle for an entirely new sculpt for SS86 Ironhide in 2022.

People are already out flaming on this. My personal opinion is I think my Siege Ratchet is a great Voyager Ratchet. This is too greebly and all Beyform edgy for me, personally. Neither this nor Siege are very much like Prime Ratchet, which I like, but Siege is more cartoony and that's an aesthetic I like. For all the people who want to shout "THIS RULES SIEGE DROOLS!" Please, please understand: I am glad we're getting a variety. I'm glad the hobby and collector base can support it. There is enough room. I hope people who want this enjoy the hell out of it.

And I am not entirely happy with Siege Ratchet. The "space ambulance" alt mode is kind of goofy in both these figures, IMHO. And they did not finish the back end for the limited, hard-to-find ER mode, so that you have to basically spend money and double the price to make it an actual alt mode. (But my gripe about the lack of good Earth mode Ironhide/Ratchet gets me back to point 1.)

2. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Yeah, I hope with SS being open to doing Concept Art designs and a ROTF Breakaway being in the works this design possibly gets a figure.
    We are same wave as Arcee.
    He’s according to leaders a new mold and still is a new mold according to recent info from leakers.

3. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    I'll happily keep ER Ratchet. That's unacceptably small in vehicle mode. That is the old Scout Class small.

Thankful I'm saving a lot of money on Studio Series next year

4. IDWDrift

IDWDrift Well-Known Member

YouTube (Legacy):
    Looks like I’ll only be getting him and Brawn. Who knew Wheeljack would turn out so disappointing.

5. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    1) It's called preference. People are allowed to have them.
    2) "Justify reasons why they can't afford these toys." It's called plastic crack for a reason, my friend.

• Like Like x 2
  6. IDWDrift

YouTube (Legacy):
    To be honest, it looks like Ironhide is shooting Ratchet. Instead of harassing Mirage, Cliffjumper should’ve been looking into Ironhide.

7. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Just curious what's disappointing about Wheeljack? Cause I think he looks great minus the lack of hand rotation and the wings on his back being on his shoulders & maybe height but it's accurate to the movie. And I would have preferred the kibble on his arm to be on the outer side of his arm than the inner.

• Like Like x 4
  8. IDWDrift

YouTube (Legacy):
    My main gripes are the alt-mode and arms. I feel the arms could’ve been longer to mimic some of the BBM Wheeljack art, and it would’ve been a nice homage to his original figure.

A Cybertronian van would’ve been much better for his alt-mode, and it’d tie into his RoTB vehicle. Plus, I always disliked Wheeljack as a car.

9. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Interesting, and I think that van looked cool but at the same time, I do agree that the robot mode kind of looked and fit more of a Lancia-styled alt mode. And just I fear how it would have been executed in plastic form like how Soundwave's alt mode in concept art looks great yet in toy form it's executed poorly. And just personally I do prefer him to be a white with green and red car (doesn't have to be a Lancia all the time) but I am okay with him being a van in ROTB as well.

• Like Like x 2
  10. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I am loving this Ratchet. Of course, it's Ratchet so I would like it regardless. As soon as I see him, he's going on the Ratchet-Verse shelf. But all that aside, I really do love this alt mode. It looks like one of those newer prototypes NASA was showing on one of those Discovery/History shows I saw a while back. I think it was Expedition Unknown, I know Josh Gates was allowed to test drive it.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    He looks awesome and I love the alt mode. Overall he reminds me a lot of the WfC game design which I love.

Wtf are you talking about!? Wheeljack looks perfect in both modes. He's perfectly screen accurate in bot mode and they gave him an incredible, FoC game-esque alt mode. No idea what you could have possibly been expecting...

• Like Like x 1
  12. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

Ironhide will already have the BA Baracus mohawk. And you can pick up the chains at a hobby/craft store. You'll have to commission the 3D-printed glass of milk though.

With the unexpected product gap created by pushing back RotB to 2023, those three would be great ideas for more Bumblebee SS Cybertronian releases, but I doubt they have enough time to concept-design-engineer-tooling them. Cybertronian BB Optimus would be neat, but a decent triplechanging Shatter and Dropkick would be killer, especially since they wouldn't be beholden to onscreen Cybertronian alt modes. Reuse the engineering from Thr30 Springer for both.

• Like Like x 1
  13. IDWDrift

YouTube (Legacy):

14. ToaDraco

ToaDraco Lightning Strike Coalition Force

Ebay:
    Giving him those gorilla arms would have been a horrible idea. Also, aside from the upcoming RotB movie (which the designers likely had no idea Wheeljack was going to be a van in, let alone be a part of until after this figure was in production) there's no indication whatsoever that he was ever going to be anything other than a car since aside from the first episode of g1, he has ALWAYS been a car, including the FoC game they took inspiration from for the alt mode. Definitely sounds like a case of misplaced expectations. For what it's worth I'm excited to see what they do with VW bus Wheeljack in RotB and I hope they retain this design for his bot mode as much as they can since they're doing that for the rest of the returning Bumblebee movie characters.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a way to turn off comments I'm just about done with this community, so petulant, racing to find fault in what ever comes out no matter the quality.

16. Wh33ls

Wh33ls Original G1 kid, and loves Beasties as much, eh!

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]
    Ha! I was hoping someone would peg Brawn's drill bit onto his big ass gun, to emulate TLoZ: BotW drill shaft! That's pretty frickin' cool to see that it works! :cool: 
    [​IMG]
    Oh yeah, I'm still in for all of these BB Movie Knight figures! :bay 

17. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Because the altmode doesn't have to turn into anything recognizable and they didn't have to make the size queens happy.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Well, as much as I like this, I’d like it more if it was larger. Not to ‘scale’ but a little more comfortable Deluxe size. And maybe even get a wrist that has some definition and a swivel.

• Like Like x 7
  19. neospark1

neospark1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And don't forget the outside clip-on wheels! VERY important that Hasbro has decided that even the cheap "normal" clip on wheels were just too darn expensive.

Soooo. They shrunk down the Deluxe Class size AGAIN. STILL has hollow parts. And now Hasbro seems INTENT on mushrum peg outside clip-on wheels. All while jacking up the price for this size class to 23 bucks. Yay!

20. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

Is it the picture that makes them all look so damn short and chunky?