Studio Series 86 Voyager Wreck-Gar

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Seamus McLame, Aug 1, 2021.

1. GoldenMegatron

GoldenMegatron Peaceful Tyrant

Finally picked this guy up. I had the United version, but honestly hate trying to get it back to vehicle mode, so this made for a nice update. I like TFs that I don't dread transforming.

Overall, this new Wreck-Gar is as swell as it was made out to be. I have yet to do the heat fix for the soft plastic, but in due time. I like how he poses, and although the hip ratchets are weird in being there, they don't really miss the general points I would want them to end up.

As far as QC, the ab crunch feels loose, and the "locking" point doesn't act as such at all. Friction manages to hold it, but if I want to swing his hip forward when holding him from the chest, for instance, his ab crunch is moving too.

Still, a nice substantial figure. Just a really solid voyager.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Reichstein

Reichstein Well-Known Member

I just received a set of upgrade parts that I ordered from eBay and thought I would share some pics and thoughts.

The set included a selection of gap fillers and a tiny "portable TV" accessory with 3 different sticker options for the display on the TV.

I mainly got the set to fill the giant gaps in the backs of the arms where the hands fold in, but it also came with gap fillers for the back of the biceps, inner thighs, inside the hip pouches, the back of the waist swivel, and behind the chest.

IMG_20211027_124200 (Medium).jpg IMG_20211027_124302 (Medium).jpg IMG_20211027_124229 (Medium).jpg IMG_20211027_124210 (Medium).jpg

The parts are all 3D printed and painted, the layer lines from printing are only visible if you really look for them and the colour is a pretty close match.

I was a little concerned that the arm parts would not be the right colour as they replace the inner part of the forearm. While they are not a perfect match, they are very close and I'm happy with them.

IMG_20211027_124014 (Medium).jpg IMG_20211027_123658 (Medium).jpg IMG_20211027_123641 (Medium).jpg

The TV accessory can store in one of the hip pouches, but it fits in loosely and can fall straight out. If the pouch is down, the leg stops the TV from falling out, but it's pretty easy for it to come out during transformation, or when posing the figure.

IMG_20211027_124537 (Medium).jpg IMG_20211027_124610 (Medium).jpg IMG_20211027_124732 (Medium).jpg

One of the bicep fillers on my set was a little loose and kept coming out, but a tiny bit of blu-tack seems to have fixed that.

The parts do not hinder transformation at all and the front wheel pegs into the new inner forearms just as well as it did with the stock ones.

IMG_20211027_123524 (Medium).jpg

IMG_20211027_123439 (Medium).jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like this guy but I still feel it’s just too big compared to his movie brethren.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    You'll think I'm weird but my favorite bit of the upgrade kit for him isn't the arms, or sidebags, or thighs - it's that little bar that fills in the hollow on his waist. That hollow sectioned screamed cyberverse cheap - now with that tiny different color part in there it feels MP.

• Like Like x 1
  5. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  6. Beauman

Beauman Prisencolinensinainciusol. All right.

I've been wondering what the pictures reference.
    Seems like a picture of Storm Shadow, a young witch, and the same witch singing on stage???

7. rlmiddleton

rlmiddleton Don’t call me a member thank you very much.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    “I’m a Pepper, wanna be a Pepper to?”

8. WrongTurn

WrongTurn King of the Impossible

News Credits:
    Just dropped in here to say how excellent this figure is - basically masterpiece Wreck-Gar!

I am generally a Decepticon man but this mold is just too good to say no to. Bring on Junk Yard.

• Like Like x 3
  9. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

I had hesitated on getting this figure since I have the big KFC one, which is nice for that size, but this one is great as well. Manages to do both modes well, straightforward transformation, and nice detailing.
    While I'm not a huge fan of the pinwheel axe, if anyone is wondering where that extra bendable pistol/handle weapon that came with Siege Soundwave could go, it functions nicely here. It is the perfect size to be a longer handle for the axe, and also can be a pistol for Wreck-Gar. Apart from not furnishing a few more weapons or accessories, this does much of what the more complicated third party version does, and makes the head transformation so much simpler.

Tim
    'Toy Geek'

• Like Like x 2
  10. Racer_J

Racer_J Well-Known Member

Well shit, I had been using the one that came with my Selects Soundblaster as a rifle with the "Gatling gun battery" on the end as a silencer since the "missle" battery fits better on the upper torso while also differentiating Soundblaster from Soundwave. Now SS86 Wreck-Gar and Selects Soundblaster are going to try to merk (huehuehue) each other for that accessory (at least until the inevitable Siege Soundwave repacl/re-issue in Legacy).

How has no one else thought of doing this? It's so simple when you think about Generations 2K11 Wreck-Gar's weapon and the 3rd party & aftermarket tailpipe weapon for SS86 Wreck-Gar . . .

11. TimToyGeek

TimToyGeek Well-Known Member

Also the pistol/handle weapon from Siege Soundwave stores neatly in Wreck-Gar's cycle mode, pretty close to simulating a tailpipe.

Just bend the handle 90 degrees and it slots into the space just behind the 'motor' area. Holds decently with friction.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  12. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

As some of you know I've had a tough year and I'm only slowly going through my unopened figures if which this guy is one of them.

What I will say about this great figure is he's not that big. People have been going on about how big he is in bot mode but I think it's average enough for a voyager. He's not massive.

He is great though. You all got that part right lol

• Like Like x 3
  13. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

20211114_185405.jpg 20211114_185357.jpg

Finally got this guy opened. Solid as everyone has said. The gap on his goatee is not that noticeable and as I've said he's not as massive as I was lead to believe. He's only slightly taler then the sweep. He's a loose waist swivel but it's not an issue.

Top figure.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The gap is fixable with heat, apparently. Just warm it up enough and the goatee will push all the way into place. Hit it with cold (either air or water) and it'll stay rock solid.

15. Mattress T

Mattress T Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    How do you pushe the goatee up?

16. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It has to be warmed and softened, first. It'll then push all the way up and you can hit it with cold water or stick it in the fridge for a few minutes and it'll return to the original inflexible state.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Alpha Omega Trion Supreme

Alpha Omega Trion Supreme One of the longest handles in the fandom!

Ebay:
    This is one of the best 86 figures in the line, imo. Bot mode looks like the toon. Alt mode looks like the toon. Machine gun jubblies. Transformation is fun and intuitive. Robot parts are where they should be in the alt mode, head in windshield most notably. Good use of robot spikes functioning with the wheels for accurate aesthetics.

I enjoyed the Classics Junkion mold, but didn't love it. Collected Classic Junkions because I felt like I should. This 86 mold, I WANT more Junkions.

• Like Like x 1
  18. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

News Credits:
    I got this guy today
    While he is, I'm not as in love with him as everyone else is.
    He is kind of awkward to pose and has balance issue.

But the biggest issue I have is that his upper body refuses to stay put. The little brown piece that connects to his hips just flops out way too easily. It honestly should "click" in, but it doesn't.

19. Rewind

Rewind Data Stick

News Credits:
    Aside from the ab crunch/waist rocker not clicking into place securely and a bent spike (which I will fix), I really like this figure. Up until now I haven’t liked any of the WreckGar figures enough to buy. This one is probably the last one I will ever need.

And he pairs brilliantly with Bird Lady.

8FE8188C-7641-4CCE-8AD9-354D0546ADCC.jpeg 95FC5421-04E8-4D5E-B1FE-7C5F231A4BBA.jpeg 13D07F99-51D7-4FC0-AAD8-4B326C9DF36F.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  20. WinstoBot

WinstoBot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, who knew: Wings + Motorcycle = AWESOME!!!

• Like Like x 2