Studio Series 86 Revealed

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by seton, Oct 14, 2020.

1. grimlockgravez

grimlockgravez Dinobot

News Credits:
    I was not holding my breath for Blaster. So I ended up getting this guy.
    Unique Toys UT A-01 Soundmixer

He is a really good Voyager scale stand in. If tapes get made from pretty much anyone. DR WU. I am guessing then I will be scooping them up. But Soundmixer is a good standin for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Racetrack

Racetrack Well-Known Member

I only collect G1 Transformers. That means MP but have recently been priced out of that line. These are just what I need to keep getting my TF fix!

• Like Like x 1
  3. darqen

darqen Well-Known Member

Yeah I forget those guys haven't been done yet. I've narrowed my collecting right down to seasons 1-2 and a little of 3 of the cartoon. I forget some of the later ones haven't been done. One of my holy grail a would be a nice version of getaway

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    I use those pens to draw with and you’re more than likely better off painting over the extra digit with a paint brush. The Posca marker ink isn’t normally completely opaque, you usually have to go over it with a few light passes on an area like that.

Even so it’ll likely stick out depending on what tone of white the door is molded in(Posca white is usually cool/vibrant instead of warm).

If the door is molded in white, it would look cleaner and be more consistent to actually just use isopropyl alcohol to remove the extra digit.

• Like Like x 4
  5. dragon

dragon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you do know Hasbro has always targeting kids Hasbro toy little kids company they make toys for kids not adults you want adult toys there is adult site that sell them as people say would you go buy playschool toys expect see toys for adults to buy no that company same as Hasbro makes toys and games for kids not adults want adult transformer toys Hasbro club and masterpiece figures

6. DarkRed401

DarkRed401 Well-Known Member

dont get why its 14 and not 4

7. Duskscream

Duskscream Well-Known Member

The old one also has better paint, better car mode, better proportions, no hollowing, better moulded detail.. but yeah apart from all this is the best.

8. UtahRobotInDisguise

UtahRobotInDisguise Herald of Utahcron

News Credits:
    These look fabulous! Transformers really have stepped up in recent years. Best toys since Transformers: Animated. These are the toys my 8 year old self wanted in 1986.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Trooper028

Trooper028 Well-Known Member

If I didn't miss anyone: Just taking the characters from the old Sunbow cartoon into account the only 84-86 characters left to get the WFC/SS86 treatment aside from the Titans and the Combiners are:

Cars: Skids
    Minis: Brawn, Windcharger, Gears, Powerglide, Beachcomber, Cosmos, Seaspray, Outback, Tailgate, Swerve, and a-transforming-Wheelie
    Dinobots: Slag, Sludge, Snarl, and Swoop
    Triplechangers: Sandstorm, Broadside
    Other: Blaster, his Cassettes, and Perceptor.

Of these despite what has been said for SS86: Blaster, his Cassettes, Perceptor, the Dinobots, Brawn, Windcharger, and Gears (and from these last 3 we get Selects of Outback, Tailgate, and Swerve).

I feel bad for Skids. He's like the unfavorite among the cars.

The only Decepticons left are Buzzsaw, Blitzwing, Octane, and the 3 Insecticons.

Of these Buzzsaw is an easy selects repaint of Laserbeak. Blitzwing and the Insecticons could pop up in SS86. Octane... maybe next time?

Man I know Covid has been rough, but I hope Hasbro can pull themselves together and make several waves for SS86.

Or they make a line in 2022 that covers all the missing 84-86 characters.

I'd be all for this being the last hurrah for the 84-86 era for awhile and they move onto the 87-90 era and if they need Optimus Prime and Bumblebee well they do get a Powermaster and Pretender upgrade during this period.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Megatron118

Megatron118 Excelsior! Moderator

News Credits:
    Okay, not really a G1 collector but these look fucking amazing. Hot Rod’s accessories are above and beyond. Definitely buying these two.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Rated X

Rated X Banned

Kids are the front. But 35 year old obscure characters like Alicon and Fastrack suggest a different story. Kids have moved on to cell phones, video games, and RC drones. The action figure aisles in walmart and target are filled with scalpers and grown ass men geeking out over retro lines made for them. Hasbro is hoping kids will join the ride but they placed their bets on adult collectors. MPs in Target ? He-Man making a comeback at walmart in his half naked, bulging, questionable likeness ? Cmon man, dont drink the kool aid. Action figures are being marketed for adults now.

• Like Like x 4
  12. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    so is HotRod another Deluxe being sold at a Voyager price because he has more accessories?

• Like Like x 1
  13. WreckerImpactor

WreckerImpactor Well-Known Member

My first show was Armada and I'm 27 and have been working full time for years, What the hell is Hasbro waiting for?

• Like Like x 5
  14. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    Oh my gawd these guys look excellent!

Def gonna need that Jazz, Hot Rod looks incredible too.

15. just a transformers fan

just a transformers fan Daft Punk will forever be missed

it would be nice if the gave jazz a grappling hook hotrod i would want to see rodimus another fig i would want is windcharger cause the netflix wheeljack is battle damaged so i would want a battle damaged windcharger 

16. AoE

AoE OUR WORLDS ARE IN DANGER

News Credits:
    Oh huh, I didn't realize this before but Jazz is apparently the same height as SS TF1 Jazz

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Essentially yes, but I would also say his Deluxe-sized self appears to have a greater parts count and number of paint apps than your average Deluxe.

18. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Armada's Silver Anniversary?

19. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    He stalled and got himself shot. It’s the truth of the scene. He had time to shoot before Hot Rod got in the way

It’s decent, but I’m not that hard to please

Not entirely true. Cybertron was always supposed to be a sequel, Takara screwed Hasbro over when they contracted Gonzo to make the show and let them do their own thing. Hasbro then had to do damage control because they had already marketed it as a sequel. It’s likely a contributing factor as to why Takara hasn’t been lead on any world wide media since

I doubt it, especially for Megatron

Same reason wheeljack and smokescreen have different numbers

• Like Like x 2
  20. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde born-again First Churcher

News Credits:
    Yeah, pretty much. This is more of a solid argument than blaming Hot Rod for his demise.

Ideally he should've held back on taunting Megs and just got on with it.

• Like Like x 6